4.3 V6 gone in 2019?

Donstar

1 hour ago, michigan2500hd said:

I think that's part of it. Although this doesn't have to be an issue. There is power when united. If every manufacturer would collectively reject these ridiculous requirements this Cafe crap would be scaled back. I think it's still needed to some degree.. However most people are " sheeple" and it doesn't even cross their mind to think independently from what they see done or are told.
Sorry this is a major hot spot with me and I'm getting off course. Just bugs me that this crap is ruining our vehicles.. or enjoyment thereof.
I expect a couple of quirks with every vehicle but a example..
My truck- 2015 so it's not old
1. Common issue -radiator replacement
2. Transfer case issue before I bought it.
3. No start issue before I bought it
4. Back up camera failure
5. Extreme and multiple transmission issues
6. Vibration issues
7.etc.
Some people say if you listen to the forums you mostly hear about the negatives however I take care of my vehicles and I seem to have experienced many of the issues I see on here.
GM needs to slow down a bit and focus on quality.. Not one upping Ford and Dodge,etc.
Shoot I would buy a 1990 1500 if it was "new" over the newer trucks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You think fords have no issues ? Or dodges are perfect ..please take a moment to go on f150forums and see their issues. Leaking Moon roofs, trans issues , doors that don’t lock , sync issues. Trust me when I say no truck is perfect. Also keep in mind gm sells about 800k trucks a year. We only hear about negatives here.  While I feel your pain about your 15 and it’s problems , it’s just a small percentage 

Like I've said before I'm still a GM fan. I absolutely hate Ford with their small engine, forced induction pickups. Not to mention the fact they outright advertise incorrect information knowing the public drinks it up for reason.
I like Dodge more than I did 10 -20 years ago but I'm more comfortable with GM. I just wish they would quit letting me down. I've driven write a few K2's and not a single one was without some kind of issue. Last new truck I bought that didn't develop some issue rather quickly was a 1998 1500 4x4 with a 350.
When I complain about GM it's for different reasons. For one most of the issues could be a non issue with better testing. Part of the problem is that they hire cheap labor to drive these vehicles for testing. I talk to quite a few of the drivers since I live in lower Michigan and GM does a lot of testing here. NONE of the drivers are passionate about what they are doing.. Heck some are retired, some are women, most are making under 10 bucks an hour.
They should hire from sites like this where we actually have a interest in trucks, etc. and some knowledge. Of course I think the management should too instead of just having a degree in this or that. GM should be more than just a "company" to make money. They should respect the fans and those who continue to buy from them. Not just try to turn a quick buck and have out bonuses for fictional performance.

You think fords have no issues ? Or dodges are perfect ..please take a moment to go on f150forums and see their issues. Leaking Moon roofs, trans issues , doors that don’t lock , sync issues. Trust me when I say no truck is perfect. Also keep in mind gm sells about 800k trucks a year. We only hear about negatives here.  While I feel your pain about your 15 and it’s problems , it’s just a small percentage 

2 hours ago, michigan2500hd said:

I think that's part of it. Although this doesn't have to be an issue. There is power when united. If every manufacturer would collectively reject these ridiculous requirements this Cafe crap would be scaled back. I think it's still needed to some degree.. However most people are " sheeple" and it doesn't even cross their mind to think independently from what they see done or are told.
Sorry this is a major hot spot with me and I'm getting off course. Just bugs me that this crap is ruining our vehicles.. or enjoyment thereof.
I expect a couple of quirks with every vehicle but a example..
My truck- 2015 so it's not old
1. Common issue -radiator replacement
2. Transfer case issue before I bought it.
3. No start issue before I bought it
4. Back up camera failure
5. Extreme and multiple transmission issues
6. Vibration issues
7.etc.
Some people say if you listen to the forums you mostly hear about the negatives however I take care of my vehicles and I seem to have experienced many of the issues I see on here.
GM needs to slow down a bit and focus on quality.. Not one upping Ford and Dodge,etc.
Shoot I would buy a 1990 1500 if it was "new" over the newer trucks.

1. GM openly admitted the radiators had an issue and fixed it for free. It's the best outcome anyone could hope for.

2. Pretty rare to have a t-case issue. There was a software issue on the 14/15 that was fixed pretty quickly. Pretty much a non-issue in my book. It could be worse. Ford's cheap plastic auto locking hubs have had issues for years and it's gotten even worse since 2015. I know guys with 2016 or 17 F-150's that have had their 4WD go out 3 or 4 times.

3. No start issues don't seem to be very common. Luck of the draw, especially when GM is building 800k+ fullsize trucks a year.

5. Extreme? Like hard downshifts? Hard downshifts are an overblown issue. Sure it can be annoying, but it's 100 times less severe of an issue compared to a flared or soft/slippy shift. Even Toyota has had major transmission issues with the 2016+ Tacoma (flared shifts, slipping sensation, delayed engagement, confused shift logic). And they're supposedly legendary for their quality and reliability. Ford has had just as many complaints for hard shifts and torque converter shudder in the last few years. There were plenty of 2015 F-150 6-speeds sitting on the side of the highway with no forward gears. The 10-speed has had a whole lot of issues too.

6. Vibration issues are very common among all fullsize truck brands. The last two generations of F-150 habe had just as severe of vibration issues and those owners were told the vibration was "a normal characteristic of the vehicle". The difference is that on this message board, there's a whole section dedicated to letting owners complain. Most Ford truck forums don't even have a truck issue or complaint section just to keep threads like our "Chevy shake" thread from being created. But if you Google "F-150 vibration", "Ram vibration", "Tundra vibration", you'll see that high speed vibrations in modern trucks is common among all of them. I think the biggest cause is that truck buyers today expect their half-ton to have a 2000lb+ payload rating but be able to cruise on the interstate at 80 mph while riding like a Cadillac with an empty bed.

36 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

Maybe he's looking at it the same as I do.

I don't give a rats a** about the good or the bad of Ford or Ram.

I like the GM trucks for one reason or the other. And therefore I want THEM to have the highest possible quality standard.

Although I'm still happy with my '13 Silverado after 135,000km w/o much trouble, there's still a lot of room for improvement when it comes to quality.

so long

j-ten-ner

• Like 2

On 6/3/2018 at 11:25 AM, j-ten-ner said:

Although I'm still happy with my '13 Silverado after 135,000km w/o much trouble, there's still a lot of room for improvement when it comes to quality.

This is very true.

On 6/3/2018 at 8:25 AM, j-ten-ner said:

I like the GM trucks for one reason or the other. And therefore I want THEM to have the highest possible quality standard.

so long

j-ten-ner

I cannot find fault in the "quality" of my 15.  I think the fit, finish, materials, performance etc. are excellent.  I can't see any signs of imperfections.   In support of your comment, I felt my '09 had many quality issues.  The interior felt cheap and materials seemed of the most minimal quality.  The gaps in the exterior body panels looked like they were eyeballed in the fit process.  This is my opinion. but I would say that the quality of the current GM's is commendable.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Donstar said:

I cannot find fault in the "quality" of my 15.  I think the fit, finish, materials, performance etc. are excellent.  I can't see any signs of imperfections.   In support of your comment, I felt my '09 had many quality issues.  The interior felt cheap and materials seemed of the most minimal quality.  The gaps in the exterior body panels looked like they were eyeballed in the fit process.  This is my opinion. but I would say that the quality of the current GM's is commendable.

I agree for the most part about the fit and finish. Except for the front bumper, so many are not lined up correctly. Mine looks like it's tilted up as though it got hit. My 2003 GMC was this like this and I walked the service guy through the new tricks pointing out about every third truck being like this. Crazy. 

I love my truck in spite of it's quirks. I think the GM trucks are the best looking trucks out there. They have a refined, balanced look. Whereas the others look like they are trying too hard to look tough. 

It just seems like when it comes to putting the whole package together GM was in a hurry and their motto became " good enough.. Hurry and sell it" 

I just returned a loaner 2018 GMC Sierra double cab, 4x4 with less than 2000 miles. The 6 speed was occasionally confused and clunky if I slowed down quickly. The rear end clunked with low speed side to side movement, the 5.3 seemed weak even with the 3.42 gear. Maybe I'm used to the 6.2 but even so by now they could have made the 5.3 more responsive. 

Used to be even I bought it drove a brand new truck it felt perfect. No weird issues or noises. 

On 6/3/2018 at 9:25 AM, j-ten-ner said:

That's what we all want.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2018 at 10:19 AM, michigan2500hd said:

The 6 speed was occasionally confused and clunky if I slowed down quickly. The rear end clunked with low speed side to side movement, the 5.3 seemed weak even with the 3.42 gear. Maybe I'm used to the 6.2 but even so by now they could have made the 5.3 more responsive. 

Used to be even I bought it drove a brand new truck it felt perfect. No weird issues or noises. 

That's primarily due to the use of slip yoke's and transmissions that are programmed to provide engine braking on decent, almost like how many guys would drive a manual transmission, downshifting as they slowed to a stop. The 5.3 feels weak because of the factory tuning. The cam phasing is tweaked for minimal emissions at idle due to CAFE's greenhouse gas regulations. Even a little tuning makes a huge difference.

On 6/9/2018 at 10:19 AM, michigan2500hd said:

Except for the front bumper, so many are not lined up correctly. Mine looks like it's tilted up as though it got hit. My 2003 GMC was this like this and I walked the service guy through the new tricks pointing out about every third truck being like this. Crazy. 

Seems to be a common issue for body-on-frame vehicles...

img_1796_c24339a2c8427bead8123b7a613a7d251f51b82b.thumb.jpg.207b0312c323fe759d1c4b35d4765537.jpg

img_20170318_142808_large__151cba8714eca88c9eb4f7ffafe929dfd1f99f2f.thumb.jpg.6071e31449242c7dcf107a22460982e6.jpg

2015_04_08_19_35_13_850a6cb36f361a199a6f1f69132a973b811fb8ba.jpg.68b720deaf4d22333967f23d896903b4.jpg

img_7862_4d7949c7ef716bb5c4fefb8eee232bcbfdc658e9.jpg.d8f519d978ba8759246f9d1044b963b2.jpg

image-1657842878.jpg.4e83d221a109c28192bd1dd84d056e45.jpg

And yes guys had misaligned bumpers but most were able to get their bumpers realigned eventually.

Even Toyota's now mythical build quality seems to struggle with bumper alignment:

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/rear-bumper-not-even-anybody-else-have-this-happen.515655/

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/oem-rear-bumper-alignment.506232/

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/2018-tacoma-bumper-alignment.538822/

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/misaligned-rear-bumper.523509/

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/rear-bumper-alignment.541036/

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/help-with-rear-bumper-alignment.451786/

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/misaligned-rear-bumper.413510/#post-11710552

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/rear-bumper-spacing-out-farther-left-side.495591/

Edited by HondaHawkGT