bug/stone deflector

got an 18 Silverado and want to put a deflector on... just was curious what everyone was using. and hopefully some pics?  so many options out there now days.  avs is prbly one of the bigger brands? had putco chromes on my last truck they were nice but slowly got salt pitted. and im not going the chrome route on this truck....so lets see what you guys have?

That's a bummer they don't have your color, but I hope they would have your color soon. I love my AVS AeroSkin. My '17 is color matched for the Graphite Metallic truck.

It was installed towards the end of September, where there was still quite a bit of humidity in the air. It stuck well and you almost can't tell it's there unless you really look or know what you're looking for.

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

Edited by Korazu
  • Like 3

I inquired and they don't know if or when they will be producing it....that's the bad part of buying early in the model year accessories come out late in the year... :(  after you have some stone chips in the hood likely.... anyhow i'll hold off for a month or so its too cold outside to play with that kinda thing anyhow

• 7 months later...

This was the most recent discussion I could find about rock/bug deflectors..........

I'm looking to get one, and am leaning towards the AVS Aeroskin II, which is the matte/textured one for my black truck. 

It attaches with the 3M tape, and has the "new" lip on it that supposedly pushes everything a bit higher so they miss the windshield.

Anyone have experience with it?  Any concerns?  

Any stellar recommendations for others?  I don't want a faux-chrome or painted one that will chip.....

I prefer bug deflectors that are hard mounted to the underside of the hood.  3M tape is great but it does not stand up well to a Car Wash.  Here are some designed for your Silverado: https://www.cheapestgmparts.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=scat&scatgrp=exterior&scatsubgrp=protection

8 hours ago, kevinfranklin said:

This was the most recent discussion I could find about rock/bug deflectors..........

I'm looking to get one, and am leaning towards the AVS Aeroskin II, which is the matte/textured one for my black truck. 

It attaches with the 3M tape, and has the "new" lip on it that supposedly pushes everything a bit higher so they miss the windshield.

Any stellar recommendations for others?  I don't want a faux-chrome or painted one that will chip.....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012ZZOW8S/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I really like the one this one. Can't speak to it being more or less effective then other options but it looks good and was an easy install. I'll try to take a picture after work and upload it. 

As far as car washes go I recommend that you never go to a car wash that isn't touch free for a number of reasons and the 3m tape will hold up fine as long as you don't. Also, while not a worry with the current weather don't try to apply the tape in cold weather. 

9 hours ago, kevinfranklin said:

988AB4BA-AE18-4599-B72B-9F72D2C5F2A8.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I went with the AVS bugflector ii.  Mainly because it was the only one they had at any of the half dozen auto accessories stores near me and I wanted to see it before buying.  I think it helps some with bugs but did seem to drop my mileage by 1 or 2 per gallon.  Matches the black pretty well.

20181021_190646-1008x756.jpg

20181021_175721-1008x756.jpg

20181021_180213-1008x756.jpg

20181021_180118.jpg

Aeroskin, mainly because I wanted it as tight to the body as possible. Went matte to flow with the 'theme' of silver/matte black. Wiped off the logo, prefer not to advertise. Will see how the adhesive holds, it was clean, used the promoter, and it was never waxed, added it when it had 6 miles on it, basically day-1 mods.

Truck41.thumb.jpg.37d8e49aee6034ee645d8344d1a20130.jpg

I like that Cupton, I was going to do one like that, struggled with which way to go. I kinda wanted to match the bumper.

I use the Meguire's Natural Shine wipes, drops a coat on it, can't even tell, and stuff wipes right off, bugs and all.

Just got my BedRug, and RetraxPro MX cover installed Tuesday. Think I'm going to spray the clamps matte black....

BedRug157.jpg

Cover35.jpg

• Like 1