Need floor jack recommendations

2 hours ago, yamaha0343 said:

I've had the Craftsman 3 ton for probably at least 10 years. Still works great. Get a good set of Jackstands as well.

My Craftsman 2 1/4 ton car floor jack was made in America and is a good quality jack.  Then when I got my Silverado, I ordered a 3 ton Craftsman floor jack at Sears.  When it came in, the first one didn’t work, even when we opened the bleeder valve.  The second one works but is slow and not that great.  Both of those 3-tons say “Made in China”.  My old Sears/Craftsman jack stands have 30+ years of service on them but are still great.  

2 hours ago, yamaha0343 said:

I've had the Craftsman 3 ton for probably at least 10 years. Still works great. Get a good set of Jackstands as well.

I bought the Craftsman set with 3-ton jack, jack stands and a creeper for like $100 on sale almost 10 years ago. I still use all of it.

I am pretty sure mine are US Jacks......American made heavy duty quick drop, double stops for protection.  Sure you pay more but I can use easily  use on Axles and Frames even unibody so they are extremely versatile with excellent extension.  I would highly recommend!

2 hours ago, dab5577 said:

I went with a 3.5 ton from NAPA. Solid jack. https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NLE7916420

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is your jack for lifting up the truck? I have the same weight rating jack but it's the low profile one and it claims to have the same height as the one you linked but I can just barely get the wheels off the ground if I jack it up by the frame and not the axle or control arm.

How is your jack for lifting up the truck? I have the same weight rating jack but it's the low profile one and it claims to have the same height as the one you linked but I can just barely get the wheels off the ground if I jack it up by the frame and not the axle or control arm.

Works like a champ. I have a 3/4 ton and it has never been a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived