No Music through speakers, but other sounds still work

On my way into work this morning my radio was silent. I couldn't get the am, fm, xm, Bluetooth, or USB audio to work.

The real oddity to me, the turn signals, alerts that my Wi-Fi is ready, my phone is connected, & ice is possible, plus the confirmation click when choosing options on the touchscreen all still work. Anyone had something like this happen? 

2018 GMC Sierra SLT with the Bose system, in 6 passenger form. 

I power cycled the radio with the truck on, turned off the truck, opened the door and waited a min before turning it on, all with no music playing. 

I'll be taking it to the dealership, but wanted to see if anyone here has experienced something similar. 

I haven't actually had that happen but I did have the opposite problem where only my radio worked. To me, it sounds like the radio module may have gone bad. I had the HMI module go bad in mine. It controls the things that are working in your truck.

The radios in these things can get fussy. I had the one in my 2014  just decide to not shut off one day. Even after the accessory power timeout.

Disconnected the battery to shut it down. It never happened again after that.

The 2016 just randomly goes back to the home screen for no reason when I start the truck, others have this issue from what I've seen.

I think the control module just gets confused.

Archived