2500HD 6.0 headers

You won't lose anything with duals.  Honestly run what you want and ignore 90% of the rubbish on the internet.  I have 3" duals on mine and gained everywhere including right off the bottom... kind of goes against most internet wizards that not surprisingly can't change their own oil in real life but know every old myth online lol.

You won't lose anything with duals.  Honestly run what you want and ignore 90% of the rubbish on the internet.  I have 3" duals on mine and gained everywhere including right off the bottom... kind of goes against most internet wizards that not surprisingly can't change their own oil in real life but know every old myth online lol.
There was/is a video out there where they dyno'd open headers, dual 2-1/4", and dual 3". There was very little difference between open headers and 3", but a pretty good loss with 2-1/4".

There was not magical loss or gain in bottom end like is always stated...

Steve
2012 2500hd 6.0l

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sdeeter19555 said:

There was/is a video out there where they dyno'd open headers, dual 2-1/4", and dual 3". There was very little difference between open headers and 3", but a pretty good loss with 2-1/4".

There was not magical loss or gain in bottom end like is always stated...

Steve
2012 2500hd 6.0l

So what does that prove, he said he has 3" so if anything he is kinda right...no?  Me, I would always go with someones personal opinion with their own truck on weather or not they "feel" the difference.

I have had true dual exhaust on every truck i have owned and i too felt the difference.  It IS IMO worth it for the looks, sound, and ive never had a reverse effect on power/torque personally with experience.   If at the least (depending on the truck) it was never worse, a little better if anythng.

14 hours ago, SierraHD17 said:

Can you post picks or the setup if possible? Is it dual mufflers or single?  3-1/5" in > 3" out?

15 hours ago, SierraHD17 said:

Lol, that is exactly what I thought about it

So what does that prove, he said he has 3" so if anything he is kinda right...no?  Me, I would always go with someones personal opinion with their own truck on weather or not they "feel" the difference.

I have had true dual exhaust on every truck i have owned and i too felt the difference.  It IS IMO worth it for the looks, sound, and ive never had a reverse effect on power/torque personally with experience.   If at the least (depending on the truck) it was never worse, a little better if anythng.
You missed the point completely...it makes no difference. So much Internet lore about losing bottom end with big exhaust...I was actually supporting his point.

Have a nice day...

Steve
2012 2500hd 6.0l

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, sdeeter19555 said:

You missed the point completely...it makes no difference. So much Internet lore about losing bottom end with big exhaust...I was actually supporting his point.

Have a nice day...

Steve
2012 2500hd 6.0l

Just ignore like I said originally.  It works better.

12 hours ago, sdeeter19555 said:

Have a nice day...

Steve
2012 2500hd 6.0l

yeah, thats what i thought...thanks

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Just signed up for the forum. I can't see where you purchased your headers. I've got a 2017 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE 6.0 2wd.

Looking to improve my fuel mileage. Wondering do I just do CATBACK or should I go full bore and do headers.

I tow a 12,000 pound 5th wheel.

I don't see headers or a cat-back exhaust improving your fueling at all when towing 12,000lbs.

Headers move the powerband up some, so you'd lose a little bottom end torque which I wouldn't really want.

If you want more sound just chop the muffler out and straight pipe it or put a different muffler on it. The pipe size is already big enough so doing a catback isn't required.

Different rear end gearing would be what I'd look at for better fuel mileage. If it struggles to keep speed because it has something like 3.73's then going to 4.10's or 4.56's would help with that.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...