2019 Silverado Focus - Thumbs Up Or Down On These New Features?

Gorehamj

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/31/2018 at 10:28 AM, TxTruckMan said:

I welcome all the new features....except for Start/Stop.  I travel a lot for work and whenever I get a rental with S/S it drives me crazy.  Never have I driven one that was smooth or tolerable.  That includes Mercedes.  It appears to be defeatable in the new trucks, but I bet it has to be done every time you drive.  That's the only way GM gets the CAFE credit for having the feature.

thumbs up on tie downs

you know, once you get to five liters and beyond..the object in motion tends to make an ass of start stop.

these aren't hondas with 1 liter.

let the flywheel spin. :rolleyes:

I'm 99% sure about purchasing the 2019 Silverado unless the start/stop feature does not have a defeat button, also no shakes, the tranny better shift like a tranny should shift and the throttle response should be smooth. Bottom line, if this truck acts like my old trucks, like a vehicle should perform, then I will buy one. I do not believe I'm asking too much !!

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 12:43 PM, gmyeah said:

Great information on the '19 Silverado.  I noticed on-line there are a lot of pics detailing the differences in the 8 trim levels.  The one item I was looking for is gear ratios....and information published on that?  I'm curious if some of the models like the LT Trail Boss will be geared for good gas mileage.....or will it be able to tow a little too (or at least a bit easier).  Thanks! 

No info yet, I guess?

On 2/1/2018 at 12:07 AM, Enough said:

1) More and stronger bed tie downs-- Good !

2) Aluminum tailgate with more gadgets, no thanks. Tailgates take a beating. Replacements with power actuators will all cost more. Not really a fan of any aluminum body parts ( yes I know my 2016 has an aluminum hood). Most will not be repairable thus will need complete replacement when damaged. What will this do to insurance costs down the line ?

3) No to auto lane assist and auto stop. Put down the Starbucks and cell phone, pay attention and drive the truck. That is what you are behind the steering wheel to do !!

4) Big no to the auto start/stop. One of the largest areas of complaint with these truck is electrical gremlins. All the constant on and off amp draw of the starter with auto start/stop in traffic will further test the questionable electrical systems.

5) Bonus points !!! Not a big fan of the Nisarado styling either. Don't like the modified swoopie Titan front fenders and doors or the fact that the rest of the truck looks like a Colorado on steroids. Guess all of the millenial designers are using the same wind tunnel and drinking the same Starbucks. To each his own.

Couldn't agree more on #5. I thought the 2019's looked revolting in pictures. I daresay they are even worse in person.

I like what I've heard thus far but they can get rid of the start stop crap... drove a couple vehicles with that and it's annoying... Besides.... when I put a nice exhaust on there I want to hear it at a stop light :D

Cargo tie downs?  OK, they should work (i.e. no opinion)

Power tailgate?  I like the idea, I hate that funky looking button.  Why not just make it work with the normal lever, or a small button under the lever?  That button they showed looked Terrible!

Automatic braking?  They already had lane assist, right?  Automatic braking I think is a good idea.  Would love for more control over how, when, why, etc though.  Hopefully they have that.

Start-Stop tech?  LOVE it!  Glad to see it on a big V8.  Needs full control though, another fingers crossed thing.

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 11:07 PM, Enough said:

5) Bonus points !!! Not a big fan of the Nisarado styling either. Don't like the modified swoopie Titan front fenders and doors or the fact that the rest of the truck looks like a Colorado on steroids. Guess all of the millenial designers are using the same wind tunnel and drinking the same Starbucks. To each his own.

I have to agree mostly.  For me, I kind of liked the old squarish wheel wells.  Gave the truck character.  These sorta round wheel wells are rather ugly.  The beefier parts are OK though.  But something about this truck just doesn't sit as well as the outgoing model.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2018 at 7:58 AM, mookdoc6 said:

Yet, 1 more reason the FERD blows....The bed in the 2019 Chevy is outrageously useful looking for the Contractor/ working man/gal.

Anybody, remember the tabs on F-150's used to love cinching up the straps and popping those stupid F'N tabs off the trucks.....Between the 2.7EB and 3.5EB nonsense and aluminum Bed I can't really see anybody who truly uses these trucks to even consider that crap?   

As somebody mentioned GM will probably have to use the button to turn off start/stop feature but if they give us the button than BLESS THEIR HEARTS!

This is a GM forum, not a Ford Forum. Ford outsells GM. You clearly don’t know what you’re talking about. It’s also spelled Ford sweetie. Run along now, adults are talking. 

Archived