In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Ebonez

2007 Avalanche Differential Capacities

I've seen several conflicting reports regarding the fluid capacities on both the front and rear differentials on my 07 Avalanche. The manual does a great job specifying the gear oil types but seems to be lacking the capacities part in the "fluids and capacities" section. :lol: Anyone have a good answer for me? I sure would appreciate it!

This is from the book! Hit that like button! Pictures cost me a FORTUNE!!! ;)

Capture.thumb.JPG.d76136a7555c6a723b5a0e6568b7e864.JPG

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:02 PM, carnau said:

This is from the book! Hit that like button! Pictures cost me a FORTUNE!!! ;)

Capture.thumb.JPG.d76136a7555c6a723b5a0e6568b7e864.JPG

Gave you a like to help you make ends meet.  Come to think of it........that has to be my 2nd or 3rd like, so you should be well on your way.

Edited by GhostWriter

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By pascalgerber
      I am a proud owner of a GMC Yukon 2016 Denali. Since these cars are not officially available in Europe, I imported a Yukon. Basically, I am very satisfied with the vehicle.

But unfortunately, I have a problem with the vehicle, and nobody could help me so far: The car vibrates quite heavily and uncomfortably. The vibrations started when I stopped at the side of the road to let my wife get out. The engine lamp flashed, and the vehicle had hardly any power left. I drove about 1/4 mile, stopped again, and switched off the car. Afterward, I waited for over one minute and then restarted the car. The engine light stayed off, and so I was able to drive on. Also, the power was as usual again. But from there on I had vibrations which I didn't have before.

So I went to a service station to read out any errors and get some help. But there were no errors detected. Since the vibrations did not disappear on the next miles, I went to the dealer again. They reprogrammed the ECU unit with the latest software and balanced the tires. Nothing has changed. So I went to another dealer, hoping that it could help me in a better way. They told me that my tires were worn out and that they could cause the vibrations. We changed all four tires. The handling was a bit better afterward, but the vibrations remained.

Because in my country there are just about 10 GMC Yukon and a few Escalades driving around, no dealer has a clue and can solve my problem. Therefore I did a lot of research on the internet and on the paid platform of GM (ACDelco TDS) - unfortunately without success so far. 

I am also familiar with the service bulletins for the 8-speed automatic transmission. But I can exclude these vibrations so far. I have some of these vibrations in my car. However, I have now imported the right oil from Texas by ship, and I will do the oil change within the next days.

But the other vibrations are noticeable at any speed, even at only 1 or 2 mph or over 100 mph. Especially when I ride uphill or downhill, it vibrates a lot. As if I had no suspension in the back and the vehicle would bounce around. The vibrations are mainly felt in the seat. Very slightly also in the steering wheel. From the beginning, my car tends to steer slightly to the left. But I never paid much attention to this, because measuring the track showed that everything is ok.

I am aware that a remote diagnosis is challenging. But perhaps you have any ideas where I should proceed with my further diagnosis? Is the suspension the right start, the drive shaft, or the wheel mounting? Or could it be the engine mounting? Or something completely different? What is the best way to proceed?
    • By Real Rocky Top
      Where can I get the best advise/information about a false theft/no start multi-module shut down on my 2017 Silverado 1500?
    • By aWelderZ71
      Hello everyone. I've been looking for a raptor style grille for my '14 silverado 1500. I see ones online that I like but I can only find them for the 16-18 models. They have the 3 amber led's on top and "CHEVROLET" fairly large across the middle. For these, you can find them for 120-175 dollars.
      The only raptor style grills I've found for the 14-15 chevy have the amber lights but no chevrolet across the front. I've also seen grills with chevrolet across the front but don't have any lights AND they cost 500-700 dollars and at that point, I would just stick to the stock grill.

Anyone have any ideas on where I could find this? or ways that I could maybe buy the blank grill with the lights and buy lettering somewhere separately and somehow attach them to the grill?

I've attached 3 pictures. The first one is what I want but it's not the right year. Second is what I can find for my year and 3rd is the one with no lights, but has lettering across middle for 600 dollars. 

Any advice would be awesome!

• By j.c.hill
      So I recently purchased a 2020 GMC Sierra and I have the jump seat configuration Id like to switch to the jump seat to a center console and I was wondering has anyone done that on a 2019 or a 2020 GM truck already? I feel this is a do-able modification to my vehicle but Im looking to see what I would need to do. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated. 
    • By Corey H
      GM OEM TRI-MODE POWER BOARDS FOR SALE FOR 2019-2020 modeL SIERRA AND SILVERADO trucks. 

great shape. Minor scratches. Only on The original vehicle for a couple months. 

SHIPPING FROM NEW ORLEANS 
      PRICE = $900 + shipping cost