2019 Sierra to have air curtains!!

I was browsing the latest spy photos of the new 2019 sierra, I did notice in the photos in the link attached it appears to be air curtains on the outer edge of the fog lights, In the first few pictures of the truck with the black wheels its real noticeable on the left side. It looks like the same spot as the Silverado's.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/02/02/2019-gmc-sierra-1500-prototype-spy-shots/#slide-7231598

Apparently I don't know what air curtains are. I am looking at the picture thinking of air bags that come out of the pillar trim and that is clearly not what you are seeing, Right?

2 minutes ago, Eddie 70 said:

Apparently I don't know what air curtains are. I am looking at the picture thinking of air bags that come out of the pillar trim and that is clearly not what you are seeing, Right?

Those hideous things protruding out under the headlights in to the bumper on the 19 are called aero curtains or something like that. 

4353DB96-8697-40DC-AEC8-DF0E45FC016A.jpeg

On 2/2/2018 at 8:17 PM, DTB said:

Noooo. I hope not, but if they are I hope they are better integrated into the body than the after thought look of the Fuglyrado. If they tied it in to the fog lights it might be passable. 

Major facepalm when I watched the video w/ the styling 'white shirt' explain them. These are TRUCKS for crying out loud! I spent the last 3 days driving in northern Ontario during snow falls & I would imagine this 'feature' will be a nuisance in the snowbelt. When they are full of road slop & slush what use will they be?

Then again the guy said his last program was styling the most recent generation of the Camaro.

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

Major facepalm when I watched the video w/ the styling 'white shirt' explain them. These are TRUCKS for crying out loud! I spent the last 3 days driving in northern Ontario during snow falls & I would imagine this 'feature' will be a nuisance in the snowbelt. When they are full of road slop & slush what use will they be?

Then again the guy said his last program was styling the most recent generation of the Camaro.

I agree. The new styling/engineering department is way out of touch with what a truck is suppose to be. I don’t know how much you can blame Mike Simcoe but having an Aussie Holden guy at the helm is not helping matters. I remember the quote about the Camaro influence, if they are that stupid they might as well break out the mullet and the el Camino blue prints. 

I was just a dumb tool & die maker on the shop floor. My father had 2 3/4 tons in the 70s (both Sierra Grande trims) & I've owned trucks since '81, so I've been around a few. 

Hey I was told the depression on the hood of the GMT900 Sierra was in case they wanted to add a hood scoop I guess like the Taco'. Why I have no idea. 

• 4 weeks later...

This is awesome.  I have been waiting for YEARS to replace my 99 Sierra with a pickup that had this fantastic value added feature.  It is so exciting, I can't believe it. That GMC hides them a bit in that HU****INGGE protrusion on the outside jowls, but damn that is so exciting I just shit my pants.

Headed off to the dealer to camp out and get in line for some air curtains.

Archived