About to sell my house without having a new one lined up....

cbrsilv15

So after numerous headaches, anxiety attacks and added stress, it's looking hopeful for us.  We found a great house in the area my wife wants to live in.  We found out it was for sale by the owner and no MLS listings were published so it was "under the radar".  We approached the owners daughter, as she is selling it for her mom, and found out it was under contract already as of last week.  Just my luck....  Apparantly the people in the contract couldn't get all their financing lined up and just fell through last night, so they just signed a release.  We got busy and wrote an offer last night and are patiently waiting today.  Currently going through offers and counter offers, but it's looking good for us.  It's a ranch that we wanted, finished basement with separate wood burning fireplaces that we really wanted.  Lots of new updates in the last year, and It's the half acre minimun I wanted.  I really had to have a 2 car garage minimum.  Well, as it turns out..................

This car has a 1.5 car garage attached to the house and a 5.5 car detached!!!!  I am literally in love with this house.  All garages are heated and on thermostats.  The attached garage even has a hot and cold water spigot inside to wash your car in the wintertime. I would be able to detail cars year round and make some extra money.  

Hopefully all these prayers have been answered and this will all fall into place for my family.  Great schools and a nice private neighborhood.  Fingers crossed that I'll have a positive update later today.

• Like 3

I'm about to be in the exact same boat my friend. We are looking to relocate a little closer to her parents. (Key word being LITTLE closer) lol. But ya I'm the same way, I don't do change and wanna have everything planned out and go without a hitch but it's a sellers market right now. I know a few people that have put theirs up here in NC and have literally had a contract within 12 hrs. Good luck bro hope all goes in your favor on the new shack! I need one with that kinda garage!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My wife and I bought our first home when I was 22, 10 years ago. It’s a 2 bedroom, 3 bath and a 1.5 car garage. It’s been an awesome home with everything we’ve added to it. New roof, windows, carpeting, furnace, whole house insulation, water tank, main electrical feed, etc.  With two small kids, we’ve outgrown it. We got the house on the market this past Wednesday and have had many showings and now competing offers on it. It’s going way faster than we expected. We’re about to sign the contract today, but we have nothing to buy. There’s zero houses that we are interested in because it’s still winter time. Anxiety level is through the roof. We’ll have to put everything in a storage unit and fortunately my sister will let us live with her until we find something. Has anyone been in a similar situation before?  Completely uprooted from something 100% reliable to the unknown?

Im not a big fan of change so this makes it difficult for me. Lol. Living out of a “suitcase” while everything is in storage. 

Were literally in the same situation. We close on our house the 28th and moved out yesterday. There’s nothing in town we like so we’re staying with my parents until something pops up we like. 75% of our stuff is in storage and it’s us plus 2 kids and a dog. Luckily my parents also live in the same town so it doesn’t affect the kids and I’m the interim we are just banking money, however it still feels like your life is in limbo

Also our house sold in 6 days lol

2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L

4.5" Zone

22x10 American Force Grips

33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Instagram @wildchevys

• Like 1

I’m lucky that we had my sister to stay with if we really had to. There’s zero other family that we could stay with. We close with our house now on the 15th and close on the new one on the 16th. The owners children are cool and holefully will let us move in a tad earlier than the 16th since it’s vacant right now. 

I cant wait to have a 3 car wide drive way and a garage(s) to park in. Switching spots in the morning really sucks. Also, my black truck might stay clean for an extra day. ?

• Like 1

Lol. It was a huge contributing factor to my anxiety. It’s still hard to believe that it just fell into place like that. We’ll see when it’s all said and done and we can move in. I’ll definately have some pics of the garage(s). 

• 3 weeks later...

40d3128d4eab46c2112672bfa7a64ecd.jpg

Picked these up tonight!! Closing isn’t until Thursday, but the sellers are awesome and letting us move stuff in early. I’m so grateful that this has all happened without having to move into my sisters or a storage unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2018-02-05 at 1:57 PM, cbrsilv15 said:

My wife and I bought our first home when I was 22, 10 years ago. It’s a 2 bedroom, 3 bath and a 1.5 car garage. It’s been an awesome home with everything we’ve added to it. New roof, windows, carpeting, furnace, whole house insulation, water tank, main electrical feed, etc.  With two small kids, we’ve outgrown it. We got the house on the market this past Wednesday and have had many showings and now competing offers on it. It’s going way faster than we expected. We’re about to sign the contract today, but we have nothing to buy. There’s zero houses that we are interested in because it’s still winter time. Anxiety level is through the roof. We’ll have to put everything in a storage unit and fortunately my sister will let us live with her until we find something. Has anyone been in a similar situation before?  Completely uprooted from something 100% reliable to the unknown?

Im not a big fan of change so this makes it difficult for me. Lol. Living out of a “suitcase” while everything is in storage. 

I know exactly what you guys are going through!  My wife and I sold our house over the winter, closing was mid January. We’re renting my wife’s business partner’s basement until we can find a house that work for us. We have an 8x20 storage unit stacked all the way to the ceiling, and my 7x16 trailer full to the roof with the rest of our belongings. The biggest challenge is that we decided to relocate to a different part of the province, about 7 hrs north. It takes a ton of planning to work out babysitting for our 3 kids (5 and under) so we can head up to look at houses.

I’m not a fan of change either, which makes this all the more difficult. As long as the pros outweigh the cons I say go with it. It’s all about giving our kids better than we had, and more often than not it takes some sacrifice along the way.

I keep telling myself that this will all be worth it once we’re up in our new house where the kids have acres to run around on without worrying about the neighbours b!tching about balls over the fence or hearing the kids screaming while they play. 

• Like 1

We just signed everything yesterday so it’s all a done deal. The new house is great so far. I’m growing tired of the 15hr days of nonstop work on the house though. Lol. Always something to do on a new house. It’s awesome so far giving the kids a bedroom to themselves and a big backyard to play in.  I heard gunshots Saturday when we were cleaning the house. Big difference in gunshots in the city vs having some property. ??. This morning I heard some roosters. Lol. I’m loving it so far. I’m not in the city limits anymore so it’s all new to us. This has all been such a blessing and miracle that it worked out like this. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cbrsilv15 said:

We just signed everything yesterday so it’s all a done deal. The new house is great so far. I’m growing tired of the 15hr days of nonstop work on the house though. Lol. Always something to do on a new house. It’s awesome so far giving the kids a bedroom to themselves and a big backyard to play in.  I heard gunshots Saturday when we were cleaning the house. Big difference in gunshots in the city vs having some property. ??. This morning I heard some roosters. Lol. I’m loving it so far. I’m not in the city limits anymore so it’s all new to us. This has all been such a blessing and miracle that it worked out like this. 

That’s fantastic to hear!  I totally get the 15 hour days working on the house, they can be brutal. Put in plenty of those on the house we sold. Part of why we’re renting now is that we’re looking for something that only needs minor touch ups. My wife would KILL me if I bought us a house that needed too much work. I used to hear gunshots somewhat regularly when I lived with my parents, they’re about 5 mins south of an area of subsidised housing that’s finally being redeveloped into condos and luxury towns.  It’ll be nice to know that the gunshots we hear up north will result in food on a plate, not a degenerate laying dead in a gutter. 

• Like 2