In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Has anyone replaced the power inverter?

I have a 2016 LT CC and I noticed that my 110 plus LED isn’t on. I checked the 50A fuse in the left of the dash which I believe should be where this gets its juice. The other USB and cigarette lighter power ports are functioning when the truck is running and when it is not. I first assumed it was a fuse. The others working leads me to the power inverted. I’ve read that it has issues and can go bad. Has anyone replaced it themselves? Any help would be great! Thanks fellas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, you're way out in left field on this. There is nothing in the left ip fuse box that has anything to do with the inverter. Pick a big fuse somewhere and that's good so it must be the inverter? Some inverters fail but have only seen a very few. 2 fuses in the right ip fuse box ( 1 via the bcm ) run the inverter. A 25a and a 10a. 9 times out of 10 , someone plugged a device that requires way too much wattage. I'ts only good for 150 watts.

I replaced the 25A blown fuse and plugged in my laptop and blew the fuse immediately. I meant the right fuse box. My mistake.

The 50A fuse in the left side that controls the other power and USB is fine. Everything else is good. Just the 110. I would like to use it for my laptop. It’s adaptor is 45W.

I have seen them do exactly that. I have even plugged in a three pronged household outlet tester and blown the fuse. Problem is, I can't remember if an inverter or outlet fixed it. I'm fairly sure an inverter fixed it though.

I have seen them do exactly that. I have even plugged in a three pronged household outlet tester and blown the fuse. Problem is, I can't remember if an inverter or outlet fixed it. I'm fairly sure an inverter fixed it though.

I’m headed in to the dealer Friday. I’ll update then. Thanks for checking back.

• 2 weeks later...

Went back to the dealer yesterday, they swapped the plug and it immediately blew the fuse. They checked it in and it was the inverter that had to be replaced. They said the plugs cause shorts most of the time but, for some reason, it was the inverter.

• 2 years later...
On 2/20/2018 at 11:53 AM, fatkid24 said:

Went back to the dealer yesterday, they swapped the plug and it immediately blew the fuse. They checked it in and it was the inverter that had to be replaced. They said the plugs cause shorts most of the time but, for some reason, it was the inverter.

Do you think the inverter is covered by extended warranty?