Gvwr question for people smarter than me

Jacob22

I'm looking to buy a 1992 ck 3500 with a dump bed on it. Does anyone know what the gvwr is on the truck ? or how I can figure it out. I'll be pulling a skid steer with a 14k trailer and I don't have a cdl..... so I'm needing combined under 26k. 

Unless someone peeled the sticker off, or painted over it, the weights/ tire sticker  SHOULD be in the doorjamb or on the door itself. That truck shouldn't have much more than 10k GVWR, nor much more than the same for GCWR (trailer and truck hooked together). You'll be fine without a CDL. I would be careful that your gross trailer weight doesn't exceed what the truck is rated for, otherwise you could get in trouble.

I'm looking to buy a 1992 ck 3500 with a dump bed on it. Does anyone know what the gvwr is on the truck ? or how I can figure it out. I'll be pulling a skid steer with a 14k trailer and I don't have a cdl..... so I'm needing combined under 26k. 

Why combined under 26k?

CDL is truck over 26k towing trailer over 10k (that is class A)...so think class B truck towing a trailer over 10k...

You won't need a CDL since the truck is well under a registered weight of 26k (it is nowhere near a class B).

Steve

2012 2500hd

Archived