Rough Country 3.5" Knuckle Lift

http://www.roughcountry.com/gm-suspension-lift-kit-121c.html

So I saw this lift today, and its listed as "New". I haven't seen anyone on here running it, and it looks like its made specifically for those of us blessed with stamped control arms. Anyone running this kit yet that would care to comment on it? 

• 8 months later...

I have this kit on my 2017 Silverado z71. Overall, it’s nice. You do need to get the 1/4” wheel spacers if running stock 20” wheel.

this is a simple DIY kit and doesn’t take too much to install other than owning a type of saw, pry bar for dislodge the upper control arm ball joint and possibly an impact.

I believe the layout is a little deferent from the GMC that is shown on the videos as far as the undercarriage. I struggled to place the 1” diff spacers, other than that, everything else is straight forward.

ride quality is decent, you will have to re-tighten the hardware (as specified) after a couple hundred miles. You’ll hear some popping sound as you go over bumps or stop and go. Tighten them up and you’ll be ok. 

Good thing is you can still fit in most parking garages (on stock wheel/tire fitment).

51D9B80F-694B-44F6-B85B-86C3A4748E9C.jpeg

• 2 months later...

I recently had the 3.5" RC knuckle kit installed on my 2017 high country, also put on some 285/60/20 ridge grapplers. 

For anyone that has put this kit on, if you have 4x4 and have your knob set to auto, have you noticed any additional noise? Before lift and new tires, I would drive around in auto and it was a hair louder than 2wd drive. After putting the lift on, it sounds much louder. The installer/owner of the well know truck/jeep shop I had it done at said that it was noisy to him, like it was forcing front diff to go 4wd. He said he had a call into RC and the engineers but I haven't heard back yet. Then told me I should just drive in 2wd and then go to 4wdh when I need it - I don't know if that is normal.  Thought the whole point of this kit having the diff spacers and knuckle replacement was to keep the angles near stock? 

Any and all input appreciate from those that have the same kit. 

IMG_1729.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 2019-01-29 at 7:12 PM, virtualron1976 said:

I recently had the 3.5" RC knuckle kit installed on my 2017 high country, also put on some 285/60/20 ridge grapplers. 

For anyone that has put this kit on, if you have 4x4 and have your knob set to auto, have you noticed any additional noise? Before lift and new tires, I would drive around in auto and it was a hair louder than 2wd drive. After putting the lift on, it sounds much louder. The installer/owner of the well know truck/jeep shop I had it done at said that it was noisy to him, like it was forcing front diff to go 4wd. He said he had a call into RC and the engineers but I haven't heard back yet. Then told me I should just drive in 2wd and then go to 4wdh when I need it - I don't know if that is normal.  Thought the whole point of this kit having the diff spacers and knuckle replacement was to keep the angles near stock? 

Any and all input appreciate from those that have the same kit. 

IMG_1729.jpg

Angles are not near stock.  I thought they'd correct the angles more considering they're throwing in new knuckles too but they tilt the upper balljoint mount so it's more in a level plane putting less stress on the balljoint but other than that the tie rod angles are steep and CV angles are equivalent to a 2.5" level.

Edited by Tyy1907
Auto correct