Coin in defrost

My first thought was to pour molasses down the vent but figured your issue wasn't really that funny for you.  Noise like this would be extremely annoying.  My suggestion is to give it time and maybe it will find a nook or cranny to settle.

4 minutes ago, Donstar said:

My first thought was to pour molasses down the vent but figured your issue wasn't really that funny for you.  Noise like this would be extremely annoying.  My suggestion is to give it time and maybe it will find a nook or cranny to settle.

If it continues, I just might have to lol. 

I can't stand rattles in my trucks.

1 hour ago, Toolbox1 said:

Wonder if a borescope with a magnet attachment would work?  Something like this?   Don’t think the coin is magnetic enough though.  But if you could get eyes on it maybe you can come up with a solution to pick it up??  

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076BKVCJC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_qTVGAbP4SJ8RP

You know I could actually "borrow" a scope from work. I'm in the healthcare field and we use what is called a bronchoscope to go down patient's lungs. We have disposable ones that are at least 3 feet long.

9 minutes ago, njs2247 said:

You know I could actually "borrow" a scope from work. I'm in the healthcare field and we use what is called a bronchoscope to go down patient's lungs. We have disposable ones that are at least 3 feet long.

What good would seeing the coin do?

Go to the hardware store and buy a cheap section of tubing. 3-4’ should be adequate. Duck tape it to an attachment on a vacuum/shopvac and try that. That’s what I do to clean out my dryer vent. Attachments are too big to fit in, but the tubing works great. 

41 minutes ago, cbrsilv15 said:

Go to the hardware store and buy a cheap section of tubing. 3-4’ should be adequate. Duck tape it to an attachment on a vacuum/shopvac and try that. That’s what I do to clean out my dryer vent. Attachments are too big to fit in, but the tubing works great. 

Even better than trying to fit a whole vacuum head down the vent. Great idea!

• Like 1