I have a 2012 silverado and my check engine light keeps coming off and on. The codes read are

c0900- device 1 voltage high(history)

c0899- device 1 voltage low(history)

p0300- multiple misfire detected (History Mil)

p0301- cylinder 1 misfire detected (confirmed) 

there is a slight rough idle on the truck, and I think that my gas mileage has decreased slightly 

Does anyone have any idea what my problem could be before I take it to a shop, or start replacing parts

Edited by Tyler_bland38

21 hours ago, Tyler_bland38 said:

I have a 2012 silverado and my check engine light keeps coming off and on. The codes read are

c0900- device 1 voltage high(history)

c0899- device 1 voltage low(history)

p0300- multiple misfire detected (History Mil)

p0301- cylinder 1 misfire detected (confirmed) 

there is a slight rough idle on the truck, and I think that my gas mileage has decreased slightly 

Does anyone have any idea what my problem could be before I take it to a shop, or start replacing parts

depending on mileage start with plugs and wires as far as the misfire goes. how old is the battery?

On 2/14/2018 at 7:22 AM, bgbdwlf2500 said:

depending on mileage start with plugs and wires as far as the misfire goes. how old is the battery?

It has 163 k miles. Plugs were replaced 3000 miles ago with ac delco plugs as a routine maintenance. The battery is about a year old. Could o2 sensors be a problem ?

thanks 

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:20 PM, Tyler_bland38 said:

It has 163 k miles. Plugs were replaced 3000 miles ago with ac delco plugs as a routine maintenance. The battery is about a year old. Could o2 sensors be a problem ?

thanks 

with that amount of mileage o2 sensors could for sure be a factor but so could many other things. that's pretty high mileage for a 12, my 10 has almost 129k

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By rae185
      Husky Liners VS Weather Tech

Both are Max coverage floor liners, I bought the husky liners after seeing my buddies 2018 silverado with the weather tech liners. They Both are great in their own ways. I have some pro's and con's for both

I paid 210.80 on amazon, I don't recall  exactly what he paid for the Weather tech laser fit ones on their website its about 190 before shipping. 

Starting with the husky liners
      Pro's

- Fit - I myself like the way that they fit, so much that i would say its perfect for me. They match the contour of the floors perfectly without coming up in any spots.
      - Material -They used a good material with a nice rubbery feel. Easy to remove and clean, Pull them out spray them off with water let them dry and their are back to looking brand new out of the box.
      - Stay Put Cleats - On both the driver and passenger side. The driver side has the factory "pop in" Holders that help keep them in place as well.

Con's

- Although they have the cleats to help keep them in place, The passenger side one does move around a little bit.
      - They also do not go as high up on the sides as the weather tech liners, This can be a Pro or a Con depending on what you are looking for.
      - If you have the Jump seat in the front they offer the liners in a 3 piece set to get full coverage of the hump in the center as well. I opted for no coverage on that but still, this could be a pro or a con again depending on what your looking for. 

I cannot speak for the weather tech liners, Since they are not in my daily driver. However I can say there is one con on the weather tech's. I noticed when I was riding in the other truck on the passenger side, The liner is supposed to hug the side, and it does not. Weather they had it packed and it bent the liner or what ever the case may be it doesn't fit properly now. and ill attach photos of both fronts and back.

Overall Im happy with the husky liners and ill continue to purchase them. They work for me just well.

Thanks for reading, If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message.

• By Zane

Zane Merva
      Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com
      7/18/2018

GM-Trucks.com can confirm that Chevrolet is sending out media invitations for a next generation 2019 Silverado first drive program that will take place in just a few weeks. Scheduled during the second week of August, the invite only program will give selected national journalists and automotive media a first chance to get behind the wheel of the all new pickup in the mountains of Wyoming. 

That's good news for anyone interested in a third party opinion about the all new Silverado and undoubtedly the beginning of a media onslaught of 2019 Silverado and Sierra content. We can't wait!

We're finalizing our plans to attend the event ourselves and very much looking forward to seeing how the new Silverado matches our expectations. Especially since our long term 2019 Silverado LTZ should arrive just a few weeks after we get back.

• By PhatBoy
      GMT-K2xx   2014-2018 
      Brand new in the box GM/Borla 6.2 exhaust.  Part number on box shows dual side exhaust but laying it out it's a dual out the back exhaust, not what I wanted so its for sale.  Part numbers on box are: 19303345 (dual out the side) and 19303348 ( dual 4" black tips).  Parts have never been installed just laid out before install.  Pictures are of actual parts.  

$950 takes it. Pm with contact info and I'll be quick to reply.  

Thanks Roy  

PREFER LOCAL SALE, DO NOT WANT TO SHIP...... 
      Houston, Tx

• By 1SIKK_RADO
      I HAVE A '16 SILVERADO 1500 5.3 W/ ABOUT 49K MILES. WHILE I WAS PARALLEL PARKING, AFTER THE 2ND PUMP, I REALIZED THE TRUCK WASNT STOPPING. I HAD TO USE BOTH LEGS TO MAKE IT STOP BEFORE HITTING THE CAR IN FRONT OF ME. WHILE DOING THAT I FELT THE ABS KICKING IN. MY BRAKE PADS AND ROTORS ARE FINE. INSTALLED HIGH PERFORMEANCE ROTORS AND PADS LIKE ABOUT 10-15K MILES AGO. BRAKE FLUID IS FINE. I DO HEAR AN ABNORMAL NOISE COMING FROM THE ENGINE AREA AT ALL TIMES. KINDA LIKE A BAD PULLEY BEARING OR SOMETHING. NOTICED IT THE DAY THE TRUCK STARTED ACTING UP. WHILE DRIVING THE BRKAES WORKING FINE IT ONLY OCCCURES WHEN I AM PARKING AND AFTER LIKE THE 2ND PUMP I HAVE NO BRAKES. ALSO IF I TAKE IT TO THE DEALER, DOES IT FALL UNDER THE POWERTRAIN WARRENTY OR BASIC?