Upgrade

So I got a call today from my local dealer....short story....they offered me a 2018 1500 Silverado midnight edition crew cab shirt box LTZ Z71, $30 less a month. I’d be trading in a 2015 Silverado 1500 crew cab regular box LTZ Z71 tungsten metallic. Thoughts ? Pros cons please and thank you. 

So I got a call today from my local dealer....short story....they offered me a 2018 1500 Silverado midnight edition crew cab shirt box LTZ Z71, $30 less a month. I’d be trading in a 2015 Silverado 1500 crew cab regular box LTZ Z71 tungsten metallic. Thoughts ? Pros cons please and thank you. 

$30 less per month doesn’t mean anything. Need more detail. How much is the selling price of the new truck? How much is owed on 2015? How much are they taking your trade for? Etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you do a 3yr lease or 39 months reg is like 340$ taxes you don’t pay up front you pay in the payment each month a portion of the lease amount. I mean it all depends any more options in the truck then you have now. Back in a full warranty any mods you did that could be swapped over easily. I just did it from a 15 to a 18. Keeping this one at the end though.

I have a midnight edition. It's a nice truck being all blacked out with the black wheels and the duratracs.

Be aware that black is tough to keep clean if you've never owned a black one before. You'll want to film the front end right away to protect it from road debris.

I love the look and get compliments on the truck all the time.

11 hours ago, mfbearded said:

You're not really saving if you payments are now 7 more years than before. rough estimate

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, mfbearded said:

no go folks. couldnt come to a deal. wasnt completely sold on it anyway

I've never understood individuals leasing vehicles....businesses doing it, I get I guess.

You're basically renting it yet you are responsible for maintenance and wear-and-tear.  Is it the allure of the lower payments or what?  

I've never understood individuals leasing vehicles....businesses doing it, I get I guess.

You're basically renting it yet you are responsible for maintenance and wear-and-tear.  Is it the allure of the lower payments or what?  

My brother inlaw leases a double cab loaded Silverado for less than $200 a month after his wife’s employee discount. He doesn’t tow often and puts on less than 15k miles/yr. It’s not for me but it works for his situation.

On 3/11/2018 at 11:00 PM, lapoolboy said:

Yes this is the first lease I ever had always bought my cars and trucks , and always against leasing , but I plan to buy this truck at the end and if you don't,   .... i think thats where leasing is not a good move unless you have a business and you can write it off,..... my annunity will be availible in three years, and I will be able to buy it out at $28,500  at the end , not that I am worried about a credit hit its very minimal since only the $15,000  shows up on your credit report  not a full $30,000 or what ever you finance , I sold my f150  and was able to bank that and keep the cash  in the bank ,and with  $ 2000 down I was able to drive off with a new LTZ  Fully loaded , and the lease payments go into truck so its not like your just handing over your money and its gone . You are buying down the truck equity . so the truck is still a better deal buying it, instead of handing over the keys and losing all that equity 

So i kept $15,000 in the bank and to have a $400 a month  payment was a no brainer in my mind   ,if i would have  put $17,000 down  I would still have a $650 + a month  payment on the same truck , and nothing saved from my sale of  my f150, it works . But only if I buy it at the end of lease . and I doubt I would get My particular truck at $28,500 2 yrs 3 mos   from now when the lease is up ,

definitely would not have leased but this is my last new truck because i will be retired in a couple of years and the numbers just worked 

Leasing is alright for someone who always wants a new vehicle under warranty and doesn't put on a lot of miles.  I've never really thought about doing it myself because I like getting my moneys worth, but it makes sense for some people, especially if you have a GM supplier discount or similar incentive.

Archived