3.08 to 3.73 gearing swap

• 1 year later...
On 3/3/2018 at 5:32 PM, Bobaloo22 said:

I need to find a shop to do this in central Virginia and soon. We want to buy a camper that weighs around 7k so 3:73 it is. Could you share the cost please to give me something to gauge it by? Also how long did it take from the time you set up install until they did it? I hope to find someone reputable in the Fredericksburg area. 

Thanks,

Bob

Bob - did you get your swap done?  I’m in the Fredericksburg area and am thinking about it.  If you have a recommendation that would be great.  Thanks!!

chris

No, we had a family medical issue so I cancelled my appointment. I had the install set up at a shop in Raleigh, NC. I really didn't check out the Fredericksburg area too much. It seemed most shops concentrated on big lifts and such. If you do find someone let me know, if I keep my truck I might still do it. By the way I had ordered a Diablo tune and couldn't cancel, so I installed it and got a custom Lew tune for towing and it is sooooo much better all the time, also dropped AFM as well.