Paul Wojcicki

2017 Sierra Denali rear window EXPLODED!!!

My $25k Kia has a "feature" where the defrost shuts off once the window gets warm. I guess that would be too much to expect from GM for double the price or more. 

I put feature in quotes because it sucked when I lived in a condo with heated underground parking. On longer drives when it's very cold, it will shut the defrost off when the window gets warm but it won't turn it back on when the window cools off again, so I'd always fog up when I pulled into the garage. 

44 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

My $25k Kia has a "feature" where the defrost shuts off once the window gets warm. I guess that would be too much to expect from GM for double the price or more. 

I put feature in quotes because it sucked when I lived in a condo with heated underground parking. On longer drives when it's very cold, it will shut the defrost off when the window gets warm but it won't turn it back on when the window cools off again, so I'd always fog up when I pulled into the garage. 

haha.. i've had fewer problems with a $20K Sonata than I have had w/ a $70K truck!  -_-

20 hours ago, nw96 said:

Just picked mine up. Again they stated they did not find any evidence of anything. However I did find this: e2260d23f3613335531361dc3860cf22.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, umm... that doesn't look like it's supposed to be there.. Did the dealer notice that?  The "point of impact" was a damned mini blow torch caused by the defroster...

Also, did you report it?  If not, PLEASE REPORT IT TO:   https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

There is a section in your report where you can attach pictures.

You are one of the few who actually has evidence that there is some kind of electrical/fire damage.  All we have is the aftermath, and unfortunately, is not proof.

1 hour ago, Aaron Ch said:

haha.. i've had fewer problems with a $20K Sonata than I have had w/ a $70K truck!  -_-

If Hyundai or Kia (or even Honda) made a full size pickup, I'd probably buy it. 

• Haha 1