Paul Wojcicki

2017 Sierra Denali rear window EXPLODED!!!

6 hours ago, smurfy71 said:

Yeah, just send your VIN to some random on the internet. That should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And how is this different from any random person in the world just walking up in a parking lot and getting it?

This rates up there with folks blacking out their license plates in photos!  :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

wow that's nuts~ glad you're ok man~... 

This happened to a co-workers 2014 Sierra SLT a few months ago.  His was the sliding rear window and the passenger side blew out when he was driving down the road.  Not sure whether he had his rear defrost on but it was past the warranty period and he paid out of pocket for replacement.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:53 PM, Paul Wojcicki said:

Even if it was on it still shouldn't of exploded like this

I believe that goes without saying.

Any update?

SAme exact thing just happened to me in my 2015 sierra. Remote started it got in the cab could smell something burning. Didnt see any smoke. I shut off the heated seats and the defrosters. About five minutes later i heard a loud bang. The window shattered on the passenger side. If you find out what caused it please let me know. Hate to spend $700 on a oem window for it to happen again. 

16 minutes ago, Philip Gilmore said:

SAme exact thing just happened to me in my 2015 sierra. Remote started it got in the cab could smell something burning. Didnt see any smoke. I shut off the heated seats and the defrosters. About five minutes later i heard a loud bang. The window shattered on the passenger side. If you find out what caused it please let me know. Hate to spend $700 on a oem window for it to happen again. 

I just got a call from the dealer and they replaced the entire rear window assembly but have no reason as to why it happened. I do want to know why so it wouldn't happen again but mine was fully replaced under warranty no questions asked 

14 minutes ago, Paul Wojcicki said:

I just got a call from the dealer and they replaced the entire rear window assembly but have no reason as to why it happened. I do want to know why so it wouldn't happen again but mine was fully replaced under warranty no questions asked 

Must be a common thing. Sucks im just out of the factory warranty. 

Had this happen on my F150.. glass replacement guys said it was common at the time. He speculated that it was that a couple of the wires were touching or snow/ice buildup on the bed cover touching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

93e826b0a2284c0b70d496b12162dd53.jpg

Same thing happened to my 15 Silverado! Dealership is ordering a new one and is going to cover it under warranty. Guess they have had a couple just like this recently..

This happened on my 2011 f150 dealer replaced it no questions asked, service manager said its common...

On 2/26/2018 at 6:55 PM, jay15892 said:

93e826b0a2284c0b70d496b12162dd53.jpg

Same thing happened to my 15 Silverado! Dealership is ordering a new one and is going to cover it under warranty. Guess they have had a couple just like this recently..

Is the truck out of the bumper to bumper warranty?

Is the truck out of the bumper to bumper warranty?

Dealership is going to cover it . I’m still under warranty..

2 minutes ago, jay15892 said:

Dealership is going to cover it . I’m still under warranty..

Im just out of warranty. Put in a claim with gm. That windows a lot of money.