Jump to content

Paul Wojcicki

2017 Sierra Denali rear window EXPLODED!!!

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, smurfy71 said:

 

 


Yeah, just send your VIN to some random on the internet. That should be fine.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

And how is this different from any random person in the world just walking up in a parking lot and getting it?

 

This rates up there with folks blacking out their license plates in photos!  :lol:

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow that's nuts~ glad you're ok man~... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This happened to a co-workers 2014 Sierra SLT a few months ago.  His was the sliding rear window and the passenger side blew out when he was driving down the road.  Not sure whether he had his rear defrost on but it was past the warranty period and he paid out of pocket for replacement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:53 PM, Paul Wojcicki said:

Even if it was on it still shouldn't of exploded like this

I believe that goes without saying.

 

Any update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SAme exact thing just happened to me in my 2015 sierra. Remote started it got in the cab could smell something burning. Didnt see any smoke. I shut off the heated seats and the defrosters. About five minutes later i heard a loud bang. The window shattered on the passenger side. If you find out what caused it please let me know. Hate to spend $700 on a oem window for it to happen again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Philip Gilmore said:

SAme exact thing just happened to me in my 2015 sierra. Remote started it got in the cab could smell something burning. Didnt see any smoke. I shut off the heated seats and the defrosters. About five minutes later i heard a loud bang. The window shattered on the passenger side. If you find out what caused it please let me know. Hate to spend $700 on a oem window for it to happen again. 

I just got a call from the dealer and they replaced the entire rear window assembly but have no reason as to why it happened. I do want to know why so it wouldn't happen again but mine was fully replaced under warranty no questions asked 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Paul Wojcicki said:

I just got a call from the dealer and they replaced the entire rear window assembly but have no reason as to why it happened. I do want to know why so it wouldn't happen again but mine was fully replaced under warranty no questions asked 

Must be a common thing. Sucks im just out of the factory warranty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had this happen on my F150.. glass replacement guys said it was common at the time. He speculated that it was that a couple of the wires were touching or snow/ice buildup on the bed cover touching.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

93e826b0a2284c0b70d496b12162dd53.jpg

Same thing happened to my 15 Silverado! Dealership is ordering a new one and is going to cover it under warranty. Guess they have had a couple just like this recently..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This happened on my 2011 f150 dealer replaced it no questions asked, service manager said its common...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2018 at 6:55 PM, jay15892 said:

93e826b0a2284c0b70d496b12162dd53.jpg

Same thing happened to my 15 Silverado! Dealership is ordering a new one and is going to cover it under warranty. Guess they have had a couple just like this recently..

Is the truck out of the bumper to bumper warranty?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Is the truck out of the bumper to bumper warranty?


Dealership is going to cover it . I’m still under warranty..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jay15892 said:

 


Dealership is going to cover it . I’m still under warranty..

 

Im just out of warranty. Put in a claim with gm. That windows a lot of money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.