Boris.d.Blade

I want to add a speaker under the rear seat but also a storage unit. Any advice

Hello all! Glad I found a place with some knowledgeable folks so I can ask my modification questions. As of a few days ago I am a proud owner of a 2018 Z71 All Star Edition Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab. I absolutely love this truck but what truck would be complete without a couple of modifications!? I'm running into a situation that hopefully someone else has run into and solved. I want to add a storage unit under the rear seats; however, I also want to add the 10 inch kicker sub woofer that comes from Chevy to give my stereo a little fuller sound. The only place that 10 inch speaker seems to be able to go is under the passenger side rear seat. I have yet to see an under seat storage unit that is basically only half the size so the speaker can fit too, Has anyone done this and if so what storage unit did you get that allowed for both the speaker being mounted and storage bin placement? I do the apartment thing so I don't have the resources or space to fabricate my own as I have seen some on youtube do. Any guidance would be great! Thanks,

• Like 1

One option would be to get the speaker and underseat storage box, then cut off half of the storage box. 

• Like 3

604f72e6b459a445edc12501f432e5cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

604f72e6b459a445edc12501f432e5cd.jpg

Did you cut out any of the floor liner? I had to cut out around the sub the seat wouldn’t sit flat unless I cut it out.

• Like 1

Did you cut out any of the floor liner? I had to cut out around the sub the seat wouldn’t sit flat unless I cut it out.

Nope.

Why not get an under console sub box? Then you can keep your entire storage space.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

if you have a center console you could also go with the jl stealth box that fits there too and sounds great just installed one in my friends.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By ShortyMatt
      Greetings.  New guy here, so please freely call me out an any forum missteps. 

I started out with a base model 2018 GMC Sierra 4wd, regular cab, standard bed.  It has a snow plow package and 3.42 gears.  Onyx Black.  No frills.  I'll try and remember the order in which I did everything.  All work do date has been done in my driveway, which I'm reasonably proud of because I work a job where I mostly send emails and sit in meetings.

-- Debadging happened the first day of ownership... just my thing, costs nothing.
      -- Blacked out my front badge with with plasti dip
      -- Removed the air dam
      -- Cover King carpeted dash mat added, in the color of 'wine'. 
      -- Cover King saddle blanket seat covers added in wine/whiteish....  returned after about a month because they were coming apart at the seams in a quite literal sense.  Back to my grey cloth seats.
      -- Added a Rough Country 2 inch level (those cheap spacer things that are shaped like 'C'
      -- Brow tint on the windshield and multiple layers of Collinite way done by Motoring Images in Lee NH (ok, this wasn't in my driveway)
      -- Airaid modular intake and filter added.  Sounds great, I'm a fan.
      -- Borla ATAK cat back system with polished tips.  Sounds wonderful.
      -- Diablo Intune3 handheld tuner, custom (non dyno, remote) tuned further for 91+ and some extra oomph by Lew.
      -- Mudflaps installed and ultimately removed because they were the no drill kind and drilling would have helped from losing one in a carwash or who knows where, so those are gone.

• By midwestdenaliguy
      2016-2018 GMC Sierra Elevation grille that's been professionally painted black. This is a brand new OEM grille. I ordered it and decided to go with a different style grille, absolutely nothing wrong with this grille. Shipping to continental US is free, local pick-up near St Louis MO. Price is $500.

• By 18LonestarZ71
      Starting off I am sure there are threads that answer these questions but I had trouble finding answers, and it’s my first time lifting a truck so trying to be thorough.

So I have my 2018 1500 Z71 CCSB that once my warranty runs out I plan to lift it, leaving stock till that day, I’ve been looking at BDS lifts and Zone, the 6” and 6.5” is the height I want to go with. Zone’s 6.5” kit from what I’ve learned is a maxed out 4.5” kit basically. BDS 6” has either the coil over package or the strut spacer package I believe, I have stamped steel control arms for UCA, LCA I can’t remember exactly and will check when I get home. My questions are based toward the BDS option as I do not want to use the zone unless I have to

My questions are is it worth it to get the coil over system vs the kit without coil overs, because that’s almost 1700$ more?

What kind of installation costs is it typically for a installation?

Has anyone had issues since they installed their kit?

if I go with the coil overs, should I do the base set  of coilovers or the ones with DSC?

Id like to have 4WP install the kit so I could have their warranty on the install along with the BDS lifetime warranty, but not sure if they would do the install (I haven’t called them to see about this yet) 

I’m going to use the custom offsets site to see what wheel/tire combos I can run but if y’all have pictures that would be awesome to see to get a ballpark
    • By jessez24
      Hi there - first time posting here, I figured this would be the place to go. I am currently looking for some rear seat covers for my 2019 Silverado RST Crew Cab. So far, I've had no luck finding something that still allows me to utilize the rear seat folding compartment (cup holder). I have 2 kids under 2 and i am desperate need of them, they have already done a number to my SS and don't want it on the RST lol! Thanks in advance 
    • By USC2447
      Looking for some tire recommendations for my 2018 Z71 Silverado 4x4. I currently have a Moro fab lift (3” in the front and 2” in the rear) and am looking to run 33’s. Anyone running 275/70r18’s or 285/70/r18’s or 285/75/r18’s? Drop pictures and recommendations if you have them. Looking to keep my stick 18” rims.