My fuel gauge is in my blazer is driving  me crazy. when iam driving, the gauge  goes from full to empty and the low fuel light comes on and then back to fuel. this is driving me cray.. do I need to replace the whole fuel pump. since I have to drop down the tank??? I know this is the hardest too do and money  wise will be a facter.. I seen on the u tube that if you cut a hple in the back seat , this is the easiest way too do it and better then taking the tank  down, I am open for all discussions, thank

• 1 year later...

I dropped the tank off a 2001 Jimmy to replace the fuel pump and never again.  What a headache.  After I did it one of the connections on the pump was not on properly so instead of dropping it again I cut a hole in the back.  I did that on a second Jimmy that I own too.  Far easier.  The only problem is that there is a support cross beam that may need to be cut to get the fuel pump out.  You may need to loosen one side of the fuel tank straps to lower one side to get an angle that you can pull the pump out without cutting the support beam.  But I can't recommend cutting into the back instead of dropping the tank enough.  Definitely the way to go.