Eibach Springs and Shocks

Does anyone have any experience with Eibach's Pro Truck Shocks (bonus if you have used their spring as well). 

Their shocks appear to be similar (if not identical) in design to the Bilstein 5100's....perhaps with different valving?  From speaking with Eibach, the spring is 10% stiffer than OEM.

https://eibach.com/us/c-56-car-truck-suv.html

Who is running their set up and what are your thoughts on ride quality over OEM or in comparison to the 5100's.

Sad to see this die, as I'm interested in reviews of this kit as well. I continued the quest in the Bilstein thread because these seem to be what everyone has been waiting for in terms of the Bilstein coil-overs for the newer Sierras.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:05 AM, jgraves13 said:

Another difference between these and the Bilstein is the shock diameter. Bilsteins are 51mm those are 46mm I believe

For what its worth I have a set of 5100's in my garage from my 03 Silvi and I just measured the OD of both shocks. 

The Bilstiens measured 1.970" and the Eibachs measured 1.985".   They sure seem like the same diameter shock.

For what its worth I have a set of 5100's in my garage from my 03 Silvi and I just measured the OD of both shocks. 

The Bilstiens measured 1.970" and the Eibachs measured 1.985".   They sure seem like the same diameter shock.

Upon further research, bilsteins are 46mm as well, so really they're the same, maybe different valving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I have had a few request to finish my review, so here are my thoughts on the Eibachs:

Initial day 1 impressions (from a post in the Bilstein thread):

Installed the Eibachs today.  Full review to come, but during the test drive they are a significant improvement over the ranchos.  Honestly on my truck I never felt like the Ranchos were lacking in the handling department, but they totally sucked when it came to absorbing a bump... frost heaves, speed bumps, etc... it was horrendous.  The thing was like a bucking bronco.  One frost heave near my house in particular I couldn't take at over 5 mph.  During the test drive I hit the same heave at 5, 10, and 20mph and it was hardly even noticeable.  So, a definite improvement in that regard.  

The ride is slightly stiffer (and I mean slightly) but not bad at all. 

For what its worth, I installed the Eibachs on the 3rd setting and I have ~1" of rake.  The 3rd setting did actually give me a little more lift than I wanted, but I will see if the suspension settles at all.  I actually think the Eibachs give a little more lift than the Bilsteins.  I saw ~1.75" of lift in the front end on the 3rd setting.  So I would expect just over 2" for the highest setting.

All in all, they seem like a nice set.  I will give it some time, get an alignment, and report back.

Note: in the picture below the truck is on a slight incline which makes it look like its a little nose high (just look at the wheel gaps).

IMG_6609.thumb.JPG.ceeba506b5250464a7ed622202be7c7f.JPG

Longer term review:

A few weeks later and after an alignment, I can say that I am still satisfied with my purchase.  Though I absolutely hated the Ranchos.  I think they are the worst shock Ive felt on a vehicle made in the last 30 years.

Are they better than the Bilsteins?  I dont know, I have no basis for comparison unfortunately.  They are stiffer than stock for sure, but the rebound dampening is MUCH better than the Ranchos.  Overall I think they are a solid upgrade.  At some point I may drop them to setting #2 to see if it softens things a bit.  The ride is firm, but it isn't harsh.  They perform best down washboard roads or big bumps.  Its the smaller defects in roads that you tend to feel more.  From the descriptions of the Bilsteins that I have read, they sound to be very similar if not identical in ride. 

I think the folks that complain about the ride harshness most likely didnt have a z71 truck to start with.  So going from the softer ride of the Monroe shocks to the stiffer ride of the Bilsteins or Eibachs leaves a bad taste in their mouths.

Overall I am happy with the Eibachs.  Id give a them a 7/10.  If you are looking for a budget improvement over stock, these sure seem like a great option.

Edited by 1940ModelB