Pics of leveling kits with stock wheels

Bilstein 5100's with 1/2" top spacer, 1" over rear blocks on 275/70/18 BFG's.  Bora 1.75" wheel spacers and better photos TBD.  It's my "factory offroad" creation.  

IMG_7177.jpg

Edited by Leevon
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Leevon said:

Bilstein 5100's with 1/2" top spacer, 1" over rear blocks on 275/50/18 BFG's.  Bora 1.75" wheel spacers and better photos TBD.  It's my "factory offroad" creation.  

IMG_7177.jpg

How is the ride with the top spacer on the Bilstein's?  What setting did you put the snap ring on?  So did you get almost 2.5" total lift in the front?  This looks good, and I would like a little more lift on mine, but I have heard the Bilstein on the top notch with a spacer rides rough.

On 9/18/2018 at 6:14 AM, Kubs said:

How is the ride with the top spacer on the Bilstein's?  What setting did you put the snap ring on?  So did you get almost 2.5" total lift in the front?  This looks good, and I would like a little more lift on mine, but I have heard the Bilstein on the top notch with a spacer rides rough.

Ride is great.  I'm at the top groove, yes right at about 2.5".  I drove it with the BFG's before and after the struts and it rides better after.  The load range E tires are a little stiffer than the factory tires,  that's about all I can detect.  Actual dips, bumps, etc are smoother.  

Edited by Leevon
  • Like 1

On 9/17/2018 at 3:51 PM, Leevon said:

Bilstein 5100's with 1/2" top spacer, 1" over rear blocks on 275/50/18 BFG's.  Bora 1.75" wheel spacers and better photos TBD.  It's my "factory offroad" creation.  

IMG_7177.jpg

Are sure those are 275/50R-18? That would make those tire less than 29"....

9 minutes ago, Hate Work said:

Are sure those are 275/50R-18? That would make those tire less than 29"....

Typo, meant 275/70/18.  33.2" according to BFG's spec sheet.   I went up and fixed it for future readers, and so we can delete our posts if needed. 

Edited by Leevon

On 9/17/2018 at 3:51 PM, Leevon said:

Bilstein 5100's with 1/2" top spacer, 1" over rear blocks on 275/70/18 BFG's.  Bora 1.75" wheel spacers and better photos TBD.  It's my "factory offroad" creation.  

IMG_7177.jpg

That is how a Z71 should come from the factory! Super nice truck, perfect stance!

• Like 1

On 9/28/2018 at 10:24 AM, cwhitehurst34 said:

That is how a Z71 should come from the factory! Super nice truck, perfect stance!

Thank you!  That's exactly what I'm going for.  I installed 1.75" BORA hub adapter/wheel spacers today and got a little rubbing to deal with.  Here's updated pics.  

IMG_7354.jpg

IMG_7361.jpg

IMG_7358.jpg

Edited by Leevon
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd chime in here. Nothing at all special, but this is my 2017, Z71 with a 2" Southern Truck under strut leveling kit and factory wheels and tires (265's on 18's). My ultimate goal is to get some 275 70's on it, but that will have to wait until I wear out the stockers. 

Leevon, the look you have achieved is my ultimate goal. That looks just right to me.  Well done!

Screenshot_20180809-102430_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Jason23