Watch GMC Unveil The 2019 Sierra Live With Us Today

Zane

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, ratman69 said:

Stop start kills it for me

Easily disabled. Although, I'd imaging you'd have to do it each key turn.  Third button from the left in this photo. 

2018-03-01 16.39.01.jpg

3 hours ago, j-ten-ner said:

I don't know why everybody hates the dashboard.

It's clean, organized and functional.

The screen has the right size to not make it look like a home entertainment system.

so long

j-ten-ner

The only thing that I disliked about it was the design/look of the duel glove box, the top box's cover turns inward on the bottom, seems a little out of place.

2 hours ago, silveradonationfan15 said:

Did you hear anything about ordering? when will ordering start? production start up ect?

Ordering is slated to open in late June or early July, as of last Thursday.  We'll stay on top of this and report back because we're trying to get ahold of one of the first Silverado ourselves.

I was impressed by how the female model in the first truck on stage held that smile for so long, without having facial convulsions.

My guess is they put a sensor in the trailer hitch receiver to detect if it has a ball mount in it. If so, it may lock/disable the upper gate from dropping down to avoid damaging the tailgate.

On 3/2/2018 at 7:00 AM, gmissed said:

This ^^^. It just cost me 2k to replace a tailgate on a '17 Silverado. This tailgate would be very expensive to replace, so no I wouldn't want it.

Here in the DFW Metroplex tailgate theft is a growth industry.  These thieves work in teams and travel about.  A team hit my community about a year ago and stole six tailgates in one night.  Then apparently moved on.  It’s been quiet since...

Looks better than the Chevy, but still looks too much like a Tundra. I also bought my 15 Silverado over a Ford or Dodge because I liked the low seating position compared to the others that felt like sitting in a big rig, so I'm disappointed to see them jacking it up 2 inches. When I chose GM over the other trucks on the market, I did it because I felt like this was the most unique truck with the features I wanted, and it drove the least "truck like" on the road. Now it looks like they're making it out to be exactly like the competition. If they're all relatively similar, what reason would I have to chose theirs over anyone else's?

I am glad that they stuck with the column shifter and a center jump seat option, I prefer it to the center shifter or that crappy Dodge knob.

I'm not really into all the features anyway, I currently drive an LS Custom, all I need is a decent radio with Bluetooth, and I'm a happy camper, only extra feature I wish I had was a backup camera. In a few years if I'm looking for a new truck, I'll probably just buy a low mileage 2018 off lease.

• 1 month later...

Drove the least truck like??? Why buy a truck? Pull a trailer with a car. This is why new trucks suck, they are not cars, don't drive like cars, don't like the way it drives, don't buy and don't bitch about the ride, it's a TRUCK, drives like a TRUCK. 

The entire reason why are trucks are so soft now.

5 minutes ago, gearheadesw said:

Drove the least truck like??? Why buy a truck? Pull a trailer with a car. This is why new trucks suck, they are not cars, don't drive like cars, don't like the way it drives, don't buy and don't bitch about the ride, it's a TRUCK, drives like a TRUCK. 

The entire reason why are trucks are so soft now.

There are some people that for a variety of reasons simply cannot physically get into a car, and cannot come up with the coin for the SUV.  If the nice ride bothers you so much, get a HD truck.  Or, swap out the P tires for LT tires. 

Archived