Watch GMC Unveil The 2019 Sierra Live With Us Today

Zane

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By far the most differentiated the Sierra has ever been.  Impressive.  That tailgate is slick, and I think I see built in lights under that step/extender piece.  Carbon fiber box is a subtle retake on the Protec, but a better one.  I wonder if they bar you from getting the spray in liner?  IMO, Silverado has me won on exterior, but this is one tight and toned truck. 

GMC has taken a big step away from Silverado which is good imo. Really thought GM would show more trim lines tho which leads one to believe lower model trims may have a few surprises. With no news on h.p. or torque numbers you pretty much know there going to have a little more imo. Yes interior looks similiar and they use a lot of same hard plastics but it also makes them easy to clean which is a bonus for trucks.

IIn the pic with the box blown apart with different colours for materials, the bed floor colour is not shown in the legend. The colour in the pic is very different to the side panels that are carbon fibre.  Can't see them using typical carbon fibre sheet that's generally very thin.  Doubt that would stand up to their toolbox drop test without requiring some repair.   Is the floor just a "sheet" of carbon fibre that basically used a stamped floor as the mold?  If you thought aluminum was difficult to repair, carbon fibre is even more difficult.  

1 hour ago, ts_hunter said:

If you had a hitch in your receiver, and then dropped that center section of the tailgate down, wouldn't it hit the hitch?   That would be a sad day.

Was thinking the exact same thing!. Those headlights if they are scooped like that.....man the bugs a guy would catch, especially where I live..lol 

Another disappointing year for GMC. I had an 06 Denali and once they went to the newer body style I was out. I've had my 2016 Ford F150 Platinum for 2 years now and its hands down better than the 2019 GMC Denali is. The features that my Ford had in 2016, GMC is now starting to integrate? 270 degree backup camera... old news. Trailer assist? More like here's a line on the screen and use that to backup... old news. Power tailgate? Old news...Adaptive cruise control? Old news.... The Stereo interface is ugly and looks like a 2005 android device. I've been wanting to go back to the Sierra Denali but until GMC catches up to the 21st century and stops playing behind everyone it will be hard. I will admit, the 10 speed transmission is nice, but Ford did that last year. Zzzzzzz

Matt Noone is the designer of this and I think he wants No-One to buy these. Haha, sorry, I had to do it. 

9 minutes ago, bigolyt said:

Another disappointing year for GMC. I had an 06 Denali and once they went to the newer body style I was out. I've had my 2016 Ford F150 Platinum for 2 years now and its hands down better than the 2019 GMC Denali is. The features that my Ford had in 2016, GMC is now starting to integrate? 270 degree backup camera... old news. Trailer assist? More like here's a line on the screen and use that to backup... old news. Power tailgate? Old news...Adaptive cruise control? Old news.... The Stereo interface is ugly and looks like a 2005 android device. I've been wanting to go back to the Sierra Denali but until GMC catches up to the 21st century and stops playing behind everyone it will be hard. I will admit, the 10 speed transmission is nice, but Ford did that last year. Zzzzzzz

Matt Noone is the designer of this and I think he wants No-One to buy these. Haha, sorry, I had to do it. 

You came to that conclusion by looking at pictures and reading press releases?  I don't get why you would even bother to look if your current vehicle is so far advanced.  Maybe it's just me. 

2 hours ago, ts_hunter said:

If you had a hitch in your receiver, and then dropped that center section of the tailgate down, wouldn't it hit the hitch?   That would be a sad day.

Wow, this comment struck a chord with me. I wish I would have looked this over when I had the truck front of me. I think it would hit from what I saw today but damn I don't know. Wouldn't GM engineer around that?  I will definitely ask GMC. 

3 hours ago, ts_hunter said:

Looking at the picture I don't see how it would ever drop lower than the regular tailgate drops.  The hitch/receiver/ball wouldn't be above the height of the bumper wouldn't it? 

39 minutes ago, Zane said:

Wow, this comment struck a chord with me. I wish I would have looked this over when I had the truck front of me. I think it would hit from what I saw today but damn I don't know. Wouldn't GM engineer around that?  I will definitely ask GMC. 

From the video I saw, it will drop down and hit.  Not a good thing.  That is one expensive tailgate to replace/repair.

3 hours ago, ts_hunter said:

Yes,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=77&v=SsL39F2O4EE

Archived