Watch GMC Unveil The 2019 Sierra Live With Us Today

Zane

4 hours ago, bkesting said:

The new Denali is going to be an $85k truck, isn't it?

It is definitely not going to be wallet friendly.  

For GMC having their own event. Did they not have more than the two display trucks in SLT & Denali trim? 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, '01LS1 said:

It is definitely not going to be wallet friendly.  

For GMC having their own event. Did they not have more than the two display trucks in SLT & Denali trim? 

Nope, just the two. No mention of anything below SLT trim. 

11 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

From the video I saw, it will drop down and hit.  Not a good thing.  That is one expensive tailgate to replace/repair.

This ^^^. It just cost me 2k to replace a tailgate on a '17 Silverado. This tailgate would be very expensive to replace, so no I wouldn't want it.

39 minutes ago, Zane said:

Nope, just the two. No mention of anything below SLT trim. 

Very strange they unveiled just 2 high end models I think. Maybe Chevy is going to have some models GMC will not like the Trail Boss model. Just seemed like such a small unveil compared to the Silverado.

Stop start kills it for me

I was given a loaner 2018 Malibu from the dealer that had stop/start and I was able to disable it in the system options so I hope you can do the same with this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop start kills it for me
Then you better love your current truck... because all makes will have it mandatory moving forward.
But I agree..it sucks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Then you better love your current truck... because all makes will have it mandatory moving forward.
But I agree..it sucks.

OMG me to bought a 18 LTZ that had it drove it for a day drive it right back no thank you. Make a disable button or something it’s horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I don't understand the disdain for the auto stop/start.  Like every new change it will become normal after a short while.  Wonder how many refused to purchase a new vehicle if it meant having to take an automatic, or to give an example closer to current, how many took the 4.8 in the truck because there was no way they would take the "always shifting" 6 speed.  I guess now that the 4l60 is not available anymore some people are stuck with their current 4l60 ride. 

46 minutes ago, BLACK BOWTIE said:

Wonder how well the tailgate will work after driving in snow at  -10 degrees. Especially without a tonneau cover. I'm sure the push buttons will be iced over.

I mean its pretty much like any door when frozen over. 

3 hours ago, GMC-AT said:

But I agree..it sucks.

Hopefully it will have a override. If not,  glad I bought a 2018 to replace my 2015

3 hours ago, Jaychevy81 said:

OMG me to bought a 18 LTZ that had it drove it for a day drive it right back no thank you. Make a disable button or something it’s horrible.

Both the 2019 Silvy and Sierra have an override button.  If you look at the pictures of the buttons below the HVAC controls it's the one nearest the driver.  It has a small "A" with a circular arrow around it.  But if it works like the current Cadillacs and Buicks you have to disable it each time you restart the truck.

Archived