2019 GMC Sierra

I like the Silverado more than the Sierra. I absolutely disliked the Chevy when I first seen it, but it has since grown on me. I am curious how the tailgate will hold up when filled with ice and snow in the -25 to -30+ C range. Some days' it's a struggle to tug the door open when it's frozen up, I can only imagine the tailgate...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This x2. This is part of the reason I bought an 18. I am so disappointed in the way the 19s look. The sierra is a lot better than the silverado, but they are both ugly. Looks like a ram and an f150 had a baby. I think the K2 trucks look so good, I feel like this was a major step back. The interior of the silverado looks mostly untouched as well when the new ram has been totally redesigned. I hope I'm wrong but I think GM is going to have a hard time keeping up with the market with these new trucks...

I was just talking about this I agree with you on the 19’s I like the Sierra getter then the Silverado. But up to the 19’s I like the Silverados better lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overall I'm pretty meh about this new generation. If I was going to buy today, as much as it pains me to say, I'd probably lean most heavily to the RAM, stupid shift knob and all.

The headlights do not match the front end at all. At least Ford integrated their headlights into the grill. Looks like it came off a completely different truck. Fog lights look real odd, especially with all the chrome around them. So high and outside, maybe it will look better color matched.

New wheel wells look odd. They do look larger though so should be able to stuff some bigger tires under it without much lift, which is nice and I think looks better.

The tailgate in a tailgate is weird. I guess I can see it's use but I don't work construction so I don't know how valuable it will be. Personally I've never been annoyed at the range or while hunting with having to put my coffee on the tailgate but hey.

I still think that center console is hideous. Maybe it will grow on me but I'm not a fan.

In true GM form, they'll roll with '19 and '20, and have their minions scour the boards for what everyone dislikes. The '21 will probably be closer to everyone's mark. We're the beta testers for the first few model years. 

At least the ugly front end rake is relatively gone. 

4 hours ago, BlueSilvyZ71 said:

I like the Silverado more than the Sierra. I absolutely disliked the Chevy when I first seen it, but it has since grown on me. 

It usually takes time for design changes to settle.  I enjoy reading comments where people take an instant dislike or get overly excited about a design change. Views will change.  I look forward to seeing these trucks hit the road and when they've been around awhile.  The one concern that seems to pop up about these trucks is the interior.  I personally find them positively outstanding! They are familiar looking (which is a good thing) but they are substantially different.  RAM adds a biggy-sized television in their dash and fans see this as brilliant and a tremendous transformation.  Car manufacturers are aware of the likes and dislikes of their target customer and I think GM stands to increase their fan base with this new generation of trucks!

Now they put in a sport mode... not since the 4l80e has a gm truck transmission shifted properly (minus Allison). And now they finally offer different modes. Its ridiculous, the corvette had a number of modes with the 8l90e, and we got nothing. I haven't even heard of complaint with the 8spd in the corvette.

And now they finally get their $#@* together...

2 hours ago, Horacio said:

In true GM form, they'll roll with '19 and '20, and have their minions scour the boards for what everyone dislikes. The '21 will probably be closer to everyone's mark. We're the beta testers for the first few model years. 

At least the ugly front end rake is relatively gone. 

Hey tell GM to FINALLY ditch the location of the On-Stupid/XM antenna put a low profile in the middle of the roof or something. It has always looked like a pimple on a supermodels forehead. I want to swap mine out with a color matched so bad just so it’s not so noticeable but it don’t leak and I’d like to keep it that way... And maybe the new one will receive signals better too...

18 hours ago, Boardmember said:

as my experience with 2-3 manufacturers is there are lots of bugs with first model years, somewhat fewer as they progress.

Ain't that the truth. I have a '14 that sucks and a '15 that is great. 

When somebody has 2 ugly children and one is prettier than the other, they still have 2 ugly children no matter how you look at it.  GM might say that their drop in sales for 2019 was because of first year model change but we'll all know differently.

1 hour ago, wforrest08 said:

Hey tell GM to FINALLY ditch the location of the On-Stupid/XM antenna put a low profile in the middle of the roof or something. It has always looked like a pimple on a supermodels forehead. I want to swap mine out with a color matched so bad just so it’s not so noticeable but it don’t leak and I’d like to keep it that way... And maybe the new one will receive signals better too...

Do like I did on mine.  Get a paint matched spray bomb, vinyl primer, mask around the antenna and just paint it. Then It becomes a pimple on a super models forehead with makeup. Barely noticeable from 10 feet away.

4 hours ago, Jmiller11331 said:

1641cf936b441c9fc567ea0ab9023f7f.jpg

Who noticed the tour, sport, off-road, trailering option on the dash cluster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking at everything and I did not notice that.

Omfg, finally!

hopefully the sport mode is remotely close to a blackbear tune

Definitely like it. Some things I don't like - like the Fordish headlights.

Curious how the bifold tailgate will hold up in rust belt. 

At any rate, I'm still more interested in the HD's. Loving my 2015 SIlverado very much!

Archived