In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

I have a question I just bought a 2018 Sierra 5.3 I got it with 260 Miles on it, never owned a new vehicle before so it seemed okay (they sold it to me as “New”)with me after taking it home I noticed my driver door wasn’t closing as smooth as it should for a brand new pickup, I saw a video where a guy was sold a “new” truck and it turned out to be a “dealer trade” and also he found out the truck had been wrecked before after finding pieces of glass in the truck , any way I became paranoid after watching this video and thought maybe mine has had a previous accident and the door not closing as smooth as I expect for a brand new pickup is a sign,figured mine had 280 miles on it, the door doesn’t close smooth, there wasn’t a window sticker when I bought the truck and maybe I’m just crazy but I feel like it doesn’t shift so smooth out of the first few gears (it’s an automatic), so naturally became more and more paranoid, so I got under the passenger side where door with the minor problem is  and tried my best to find evidence of a previous wreck I saw a cable that was taped with electrical tape  which looked fairly sloppy it split with another cable near the transfer case and it led to a connection adapter that was mounted on the chases of the truck and it ended right there at the adapter there was nothing connected to it so I was wondering is that normal? Like could it be there for some added accessories or am I missing something I don’t want to take it to the dealer in fear that they are well aware of an issue and won’t want to help, I already took it because the door not closing as smooth as the rest and they told me it’s a brand new pick up let seals break in and it shouldn’t be an issue, so please help . I’ll add pics to my profile for y’all to see because they’re to big to attach 

6EDCBEDC-42E6-42F9-BD05-80015B8B3EDF.jpeg

Edited by Andrewsb

So you bought a new vehicle with out a window sticker? How did you determine MSRP and factory options? According to the FCC, window sticker is required by law on a new vehicle and may only be removed by the purchaser. I'd go back ask (politely demand) that they provide this.  Did you do a Car Fax on it?  

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0209-buying-new-car

Edited by reardiff

No I didn’t do a car fax on it, I saw it online the local dealer was have 10k rebate on the trucks so I went over we talked some numbers and I left thinking I got a good deal then realized there was no sticker .

thats weird there was no sticker... ... i'd be scratching my head... i'd go back and ask for the sticker.. match it to the vin as well... .. hope you didnt get ripped off either... no sticker.. means ..lets tell this guy x amount.. he wont know~.. man shady

Yeah we’ll before I bought the truck i was looking at it online and it gives you the option to view the window sticker and that’s what I did, and that why u thought I got a good deal.

That definitely sucks. The best solution is to bring the truck back to the dealer you purchased it from and express your concerns. My rear door (crew cab model) was getting hung up when I was trying to close it, it wasn't in an accident, the dealer fixed it under warranty. They didn't tell me the problem or solution, but I imagine they just greased the moving components. It could be as simple as that, or there could be hidden repairs with your truck. If that is the case you will be protected by consumer laws and able to get your money back out of the truck.

Okay so I just ran a CarFax the truck came out clean and shows when it was sold to me as “New” now I’m worried about not having the window sticker and why they sold it to me like, and besides that the dang cable down there that I have no idea what it is .

46 minutes ago, Andrewsb said:

Okay so I just ran a CarFax the truck came out clean and shows when it was sold to me as “New” now I’m worried about not having the window sticker and why they sold it to me like, and besides that the dang cable down there that I have no idea what it is .

I would check the glove box and or your paper work and make sure the sticker isn't folded up in there somewhere. My truck had the window sticker but the dealer removed it when prepping the truck for delivery but was given to me in my other paper work.

Is the window sticker in one of the two glove boxes? Look in the owners manual pouch aka ziplock bag also, if it’s not there the dealer can get you another one. It isn’t uncommon for salesmen to drive these trucks home so that’s probably where your 200+ miles came from. Dealers trade vehicles all the time that has nothing to do with anything. If it been in an accident you would know nobody with a dealership is going to take the chance of a multi-million dollar lawsuit to cover up a wrecked truck that insurance would pay for anyway. 

There is hundreds of post on this site about the way these transmissions shift in the 14 & up trucks. And your door isn’t that uncommon of a issue either might need a minor adjustment if your stealership has a body shop go show them and see what they say instead of the service writer.

The plug is more than likely for some option you don’t have find another one on the lot optioned just like yours and climb under it and see if it’s the same. I’m betting it is.

• Like 1

Checked everywhere for the sticker and can’t find it I remember test driving it and even the sales man was looking for it so he could show me all the features, guess going through all the process I forgot about it and am now realizing it after finding these little issues .

And as for the plug that’s really what I’m hoping it is, I just don’t understand why it looks as sloppy as it does ,y’all can see the picture I posted right ?

Edited by Andrewsb

My 2015 Sierra had slightly over 100 miles on it when I bought it, which concerned me. Turns out it was a dealer trade, and the other dealership was almost 100 miles away....not out of the ordinary in Texas.

looks like the connector is attached to something. Maybe it is just part of the harness for another feature and not being used. As for the dealer trade, it happens a lot. You go to a dealer and ask them to find you a truck, they find it locally and agree to trade something they have for it. Our local dealer will go up to 350 miles to find a vehicle from another lot. Usually saves me a lot of time when shopping. 

As for the sticker, you should have been given it when you picked the truck up. 

I totally empathize with your concerns.  The uncertainty of those first 260 miles can make your imagination go wild.  My last truck only had 39 KMS on the odometer and even this bugged me!   My previous new trucks had less than 10 KMS.   The fact is,  your truck is absolutely fine and 260 miles is a blip on the life of your truck.  Go talk to your salesman and explain your concerns.  Tell him or her that in your excitement when buying your new truck you initially downplayed any concerns over the significant pre-delivery mileage.   Maybe suggest that one or two additional free services will make you whole again. I have gone back to my salesman after a purchase and been treated well.   They want your future business and for you to refer other customers.  The sticky door thing and the extra connector have nothing to do with the mileage.  I would have both dealt with by your service department.