New Sierra Revealed

I'd like to see the all terrain model or the lifted version and the cheaper versions. I really finds it strange GMC didn't use a electronic shifter, also the use of a twin panel moon roof, Also on the denial the use of a information larger screen, a full digital DIC also cooled sets.

Actually is there anything this time around that is Denali class exclusive? doesn't appear...

Also any one know how many trim levels here will be for this truck? 8?

42 minutes ago, silveradonationfan15 said:

I'd like to see the all terrain model or the lifted version and the cheaper versions. I really finds it strange GMC didn't use a electronic shifter, also the use of a twin panel moon roof, Also on the denial the use of a information larger screen, a full digital DIC also cooled sets.

Actually is there anything this time around that is Denali class exclusive? doesn't appear...

Also any one know how many trim levels here will be for this truck? 8?

They have not said much yet . Believe they said more info coming at another truck show next month . 

Looks like a Colorado and a Titan mated and had an uglier child.   I have always liked a GMC over a Chevrolet but the factory lifted Silverado blows this wildebeest away.   

2014 for life! 

Anybody hear them talk about or see anything for adaptive cruise control? I like the look, i think 2020 will have some quick changes and might be the year to get.

Maybe the gauge needles are digital now? I see white needles in the picture of the gauge cluster.

• Like 1

The new tech, especially the tailgate, is awesome. I like the look but don't love it as much as the K2 when it first came out. I'm sure it will grow on me. I didn't like the Silverado at first either but it has grown on me already. I am surprised there isn't a panoramic moon roof since everybody is doing that now.

Also, how are we going to make these trucks sound good with the dynamic fuel management and auto stop and start etc??? Disabling AFM wasn't that intrusive and the pros easily outweighed the cons. Now I'm not so sure that will be true. This system actually sounds like it will make a difference in fuel economy.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sierra Jon said:

The new tech, especially the tailgate, is awesome. I like the look but don't love it as much as the K2 when it first came out. I'm sure it will grow on me. I didn't like the Silverado at first either but it has grown on me already. I am surprised there isn't a panoramic moon roof since everybody is doing that now.

Also, how are we going to make these trucks sound good with the dynamic fuel management and auto stop and start etc??? Disabling AFM wasn't that intrusive and the pros easily outweighed the cons. Now I'm not so sure that will be true. This system actually sounds like it will make a difference in fuel economy.

It is my understanding that GM is locking down hard on their ECM's and aftermarket tuning is not going to be happening. So disabling AFM or this new system might not be possible.  I guess time will tell.

It is my understanding that GM is locking down hard on their ECM's and aftermarket tuning is not going to be happening. So disabling AFM or this new system might not be possible.  I guess time will tell.
I'm sure someone will figure it out haha.

I do find it interesting that GM and other companies acknowledge the need for good sound in a sports car but refuse to do the same for truck owners. I get it, it's not a sports car but all of the "truck guys/gals" I know want their truck to sound like a truck.

The only thing to make me move to a '19 would be adaptive cruise control and blind spot monitoring, neither of which is seen or discussed to my knowledge. The new tailgate would be very expensive to replace if you ever needed to so that would be a deal breaker for me. Don't like the Sierra at all.

The asymmetrical wheel openings look horrible to me... I’m sure it will a challenge to figure out that geometry with aftermarket wheels and tires as well.

I chose the GMC over the bow tie because of appearance for my 16 but have to say the Chevy looks better in the new body style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, gmissed said:

The only thing to make me move to a '19 would be adaptive cruise control and blind spot monitoring, neither of which is seen or discussed to my knowledge. The new tailgate would be very expensive to replace if you ever needed to so that would be a deal breaker for me. Don't like the Sierra at all.

It will have both. Adaptive cruise is the only thing I wish my truck had as I use cruise a lot and no one else seems to. Problem is it will be probably only on the box checker models with leather and huge wheels and I hate the cheap leather they put in trucks and the problems that come with it, good thing I have a ways to go before a new truck purchase.

BSM to me is useless, I always turn my head as that is much more reliable.

Both look ok, but I don't buy a truck based on looks...

Tyler

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, amxguy1970 said:

It will have both. Adaptive cruise is the only thing I wish my truck had as I use cruise a lot and no one else seems to. Problem is it will be probably only on the box checker models with leather and huge wheels and I hate the cheap leather they put in trucks and the problems that come with it, good thing I have a ways to go before a new truck purchase.

BSM to me is useless, I always turn my head as that is much more reliable.

Both look ok, but I don't buy a truck based on looks...

Tyler

They talk about safety features but they have never mentioned these 2 features, Time will tell. What is a checker box model?