• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Joey Likes GM Trucks
      Hey guys, this is a officially my first post on this forum as a member!

I've recently got my exhaust done for my 2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic that I recently bought about 3 months ago now. I decided I wanted it pretty loud with a deep rumble with a good amount of drone but not obnoxious and screamy. I did a lot of research on a true dual setup and read that it would be louder than your standard single in dual out muffler. So I decided to have 2 Flowmaster Original 40 series mufflers installed with dual 2.5 inch pipes in and out coming out of the sides 45 degrees with 4x18" chrome slash cut tips. 

It's not giving me the volume and tone I was expecting, hearing how the 6.0 is a very noisy and loud engine to quiet down. It's barely louder than stock single exhaust on idle. I was thinking of taking it to another exhaust shop and having them run 3" pipes instead of 2.5" pipes since stock pipes are already dual 3", swapping out the original 40's and replacing them with super 44's. I hear that the 44's are more deeper and aggressive than all the 40 series that Flowmaster has to offer. I'm not really a big fan of the single chamber mufflers and straight through mufflers as they just sound too tinny and way to aggressive for my taste. I'm also aware that adding headers would really help, but I've seen videos of these things with stock manifolds and cats and they are VERY loud with the 2-chambered Flowmasters. Here's a list of things that I'm not happy about and a list of things I think I'm thinking of doing. It be really cool if you guys can share your knowledge and experiences with me to give me advice on what I should do.

Not Happy:
      - Start up isn't very impressive (I feel like its sounds more like Flowmaster moderate sounding mufflers like the 50 series)
      - I get none of this "dreaded and obnoxious interior drone" the 6.0 is infamously known for, especially with the 40 series installed. Cruising in the city, it's not much louder than the stock muffler even when accelerating. It does drone just a little bit when going up hills or inclines though. (I'd love to have a decent amount of drone)
      - Not impressed by the exterior sound. I had my friend drive it as I stood outside and it was not loud at all, though it did have a nice sound to it. It had more of a moderate volume, sounding more like today's newer trucks with the stock duals that come with them. (I'd love to get a really loud deep rumble with a good amount of aggressiveness.)
      - The guy who did my exhaust seemed to have added 2.25" 40's instead of 2.5" but he stretched the inlet and outlet out to 2.5 inches, but still looks like there's a 2.25" choke point restricting the flow, but I don't know if that has an affect.
      - He welded my tips on weird, welding 10" of the pipe itself inside the tips

What I'm thinking of doing:
      - Swapping out the 2.5 inch pipes with 3" pipes (I heard pipe diameter and muffler choice really have an affect on volume and tone)
      -Swapping the original 40's for 2 Flowmaster Super 44's
      - Adding an H-pipe 
      - Put the mufflers as close to the cab as possible to increase cab resonance.

Will the Flowmaster Super 44's and  dual 3" pipes have an effect on volume then what I have already?
      What do you guys think? Let me know!
      Thanks!

• By Cloventhal
      I am wanting to trade in my 14 silverado 1500 for something thats rated to pull more weight. I notice on Chevrolet's website that the commercial silverado 1500 w/ 3.73 rear axle ratio has a 15000/16700lbs w max trailering package rating. Every dealership I've called doesn't know what I am talking about so can someone verify for me that this configuration of the Silverado exists?! 
    • By Cloventhal
      I am wanting to trade in my 14 silverado 1500 for something thats rated to pull more weight. I notice on Chevrolet's website that the commercial silverado 1500 w/ 3.73 rear axle ratio has a 15000/16700lbs w max trailering package rating. Every dealership I've called doesn't know what I am talking about so can someone verify for me that this configuration of the Silverado exists?! 
    • By Mattbull88
      Hey everyone, got a question someone might be able to answer. 

I've got a '14 Silverado 1500 WT.  At the back under the bed on the driver side near the spare tire is a wire hanging down with no end. Originally thought it was a frame ground because the outer casing is black but today I took a pair of wire stripers and found that there are 3 thin wires inside of the black sheathing. They are Solid Red, Solid Yellow, and Solid Black. All lights on the truck work, the trailer lights all work when plugged in too. 

Anyone have any idea what this could go to? I currently have it rolled up and ziptied to the frame.  Thanks for any help.