2019 Chevrolet Silverado vs 2019 GMC Sierra - Which one do you like more?

2019 Silverado VS Sierra - Which one do you like more?  

738 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted chevrolet. Ever since the 2016 came out I like the Chevy better. Also with my 06 Duramax LT I preferred the Chevrolets front end batter as well. 

One thing I like better on my 2018 Chevy than the GMC is it doesn't have the plastic band around the wheel wells. Not sure what pupose that serves other than collect water and salt. I also like the headlight and grill better as well as I do on the new gen 2019. The greenish blue interior lighting around knobs in switches I like better than the old Pontiac inspired red that GMC uses.The rest of the GMC truck where they place badging and so on has an overall nice feel to it but the differences explained above make me like the Chevy better. 

After owning a 14 and 17 Silverado. I'd say the purpose of the fender trim on the GMC is to protect the shitty thin water based paint from stone chips. Both the Silverados were chipped to hell, all along the wheel well edge, within the first 3 months. My 18 Sierra still looks like it did the day I got it. Rust is never an issue for me as I undercoat everything I own, it's a neccessary evil in southwestern Ontario. 

Edited by Daly
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Daly said:

After owning a 14 and 17 Silverado. I'd say the purpose of the fender trim on the GMC is to protect the shitty thin water based paint from stone chips. Both the Silverados were chipped to hell, all along the wheel well edge, within the first 3 months. My 18 Sierra still looks like it did the day I got it. Rust is never an issue for me as I undercoat everything I own, it's a neccessary evil in southwestern Ontario. 

Mine is not only undercoated but rust proofed as well.

On 8/25/2018 at 11:06 AM, Sierra Dan said:

I like the fender trim onmy sierra.

Gives it some contrast and adds a tough look.

No paint issues here after 4 years

I like that for aggressive tires too, you don't have to worry about rock chips.

Finally saw a  blue 2019 Sierra SLT today.  I liked it a LOT more than I thought I would.  Now I'm not sure which of the two I like more.  

Edited by shift_grind

5 minutes ago, shift_grind said:

It was the darker blue, yeah.  I liked stone blue more myself, but this looked pretty good.  Dark blues can be hard to keep looking good in my experience.  

So can black! Lol

Can't believe they ditched Deep Ocean Blue, one of Chevy's best colors ever. But, variety is the spice of life. 

I can attest to paint chip city on the lips of the fenders. Quite a few, from road debris and tires kicking up stuff. Doesn't help that my michelins throw more rocks too

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Im a long time GM owner and its just getting sicking that gm comes up with all these cool options (ex. 6.2L, multi-pro tailgate) but then puts it on the highest trim level possible.  Take the new tailgate on the gmc's... Gm says its so great for the "working man", people who uses their truck for a mobile office and fleets but then makes it only available on AT4, SLT and denali models....what company is going to have a fleet of these $55,000+ trucks...  Thats why ford does out sell gm is mostly because of their fleet orders and the ability to option the wt models with some of these upgrades.  Heck you can even get an ecoboost engine in a work truck trim.  You can't even get the max trailering package on a WT gm product..WTF.

• Like 1