2019 Chevrolet Silverado vs 2019 GMC Sierra - Which one do you like more?

2019 Silverado VS Sierra - Which one do you like more?  

738 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 hours ago, chevy2tuff2006 said:

Im a long time GM owner and its just getting sicking that gm comes up with all these cool options (ex. 6.2L, multi-pro tailgate) but then puts it on the highest trim level possible.  Take the new tailgate on the gmc's... Gm says its so great for the "working man", people who uses their truck for a mobile office and fleets but then makes it only available on AT4, SLT and denali models....what company is going to have a fleet of these $55,000+ trucks...  Thats why ford does out sell gm is mostly because of their fleet orders and the ability to option the wt models with some of these upgrades.  Heck you can even get an ecoboost engine in a work truck trim.  You can't even get the max trailering package on a WT gm product..WTF.

The MultiPro Tailgate only comes on higher trim levels due to the auto up feature which again requires a different master wiring harness and bcm (assumably).

The more involved tech features require different harnesses and they are not found on say Base, LT, or SLE trim levels.

GM and other automakers want you to buy the higher trim packages by luring you in with the added features and options.

Otherwise production would be very complicated if you were truly able to custom build your own truck from the ground up.

It would be great to have an SLE or LT trim level where you could simply click on a button and add the MultiPro Tailgate or High Country auto up gate.

Same theory applies to Cable TV and Satellite providers. You have to buy "Tiers" just to get an extra channel or two rather than Ala Cart programming.

10 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

GM and other automakers want you to buy the higher trim packages by luring you in with the added features and options.

Very true. The reason I am going with a new high country is because I want less chrome than the LTZ along with the heads up display.

Fleet buyers won't want that tailgate anyway. It would be too expensive to replace if it were damaged. IMHO That tailgate is for people like the yuppie in the first video I saw of it. A guy that looks like he's never used a truck a day in his life. Would it be handy? Sure. Is it needed? Not really.

On 9/19/2018 at 5:46 PM, Daly said:

Fleet buyers won't want that tailgate anyway. It would be too expensive to replace if it were damaged. IMHO That tailgate is for people like the yuppie in the first video I saw of it. A guy that looks like he's never used a truck a day in his life. Would it be handy? Sure. Is it needed? Not really.

I hate that tailgate.  Any time you make something more complicated than it needs to be you're going to have problems. Not to mention it is just plain ugly.  

• Zane unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Will be replacing my wife’s Yukon when the nbs comes out, so won’t have to worry about deciding my favorite T1 truck yet. I do like the Silverado a lot in person, but will probably stick to GMC because we like our dealer. Hopefully by the time I replace my 17 they will have ponied up and offered adaptive cruise as an option [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

23 hours ago, Skidsareforkids said:

Will be replacing my wife’s Yukon when the nbs comes out, so won’t have to worry about deciding my favorite T1 truck yet. I do like the Silverado a lot in person, but will probably stick to GMC because we like our dealer. Hopefully by the time I replace my 17 they will have ponied up and offered adaptive cruise as an option emoji849.png

GM is said to be adding 'Super Cruise' to the lineup for 2020 which is supposedly beyond current adaptive systems. It's available to Cadillac now and will be filtering down. Obviously, it should've been ready for the 2019 truck rollout but it is what it is. Maybe a smaller twin turbo will V8 will make its way to the truck lineup, too. 

GM is said to be adding 'Super Cruise' to the lineup for 2020 which is supposedly beyond current adaptive systems. It's available to Cadillac now and will be filtering down. Obviously, it should've been ready for the 2019 truck rollout but it is what it is. Maybe a smaller twin turbo will V8 will make its way to the truck lineup, too. 

Ooooooh! That system is supposed to be great! Yup, I’ll be signing up for that for sure! [emoji41]

1 hour ago, Skidsareforkids said:

Ooooooh! That system is supposed to be great! Yup, I’ll be signing up for that for sure! emoji41.png

What could go wrong with a truck that tries to steer itself while towing? 

I really liked the Silverado at first but then I started to get distracted by the front fender / bumper junction, and now I can't help but focus on it. The GMC has much cleaner lines, and I do like how the front end resembles the Yukon but more aggressive.

I'd go for the GMC AT4 with 6.2 and no extra fluff, like the driver assist, HUD or gimmick tailgate. I just wish you could get the 3.42 rear end without losing the dual exhaust.

I use my trucks as trucks and having a tailgate mechanism to make it easier to get up into the bed is important to me. I currently use a foot step that attaches to the hitch receiver and pulls out but it is far from ideal. The tailgate is more than 39 inches off the ground and so hopping up into the truck is not really an option. With the Ford truck tailgates there is a step that flips out and a grab bar the raises up.

One thing I like about the tailgate on my 2011 Silverado is that I can unfasten the retaining cables and drop the tailgate so it hangs down and is out of the way. Try loading and unloading 30 bags of concrete at 80 lbs. per bag and see how easy it is with the tailgate straight out.

A child could do a better job of designing access to the bed than the engineers at GM have been able to do and so the new tailgate while overkill and expensive is at least an effort which is novel for the company.

What I wish is that GM would hire some people who can do cab layouts. My 2011 has the 4WD indicator hidden behind the steering wheel. With my 2018 Traverse the head and fog light dial and indicators is hidden from view while driving as well.

Why should I have to get a LTZ to get a locking tailgate? Why can't I get a two-speed transfer case unless I order the Trail Boss LT at a cost of an additional $8,000? And if I get a Trailboss LT I have to get the crew cab and the double cab is not available. It took a while to find that the Custom Trail Boss has the 2-speed transfer case and can be ordered with the double cab but Chevrolet makes it tough as hell to order a truck from them. Even then the truck only comes with the old 6-speed transmission.

The Custom Trail Boss ships ONLY with mud tires - how dumb is that that? I can go to 20" wheels to get all terrain tires but the truck still ships with a 17" spare - not at all good for the drivetrain if using 4WD.

No bucket seat option with the Trail Boss - something that is available with trucks from Ford and Ram.

At least with the GMC Sierra the build tool on the website works well which cannot be said for the Silverado build that is deeply flawed.

And even with the Trail Boss that is supposed to be for use off road and on trails there is still only the 26 gallon gas tank. With Ram there is the optional 33 gallon fuel tank though getting it adds $3,445 to the price for the truck. With Ford, the large 36 gallon fuel tank adds only $445 as it is not hooked into premium packages. With Toyota the Tundra comes standard with a 38 gallon fuel tank. I went with the diesel Silverado 2500 as it provides 30% more range with the truck's 36 gallon fuel tank than the gas powered 2500 trucks. Having more than 500 miles of range on a tankful of fuel is a very big deal in many areas west of the Mississippi, especially if towing a trailer. 

GM has made it impossible to get a practical truck configuration for off-roading or towing with all the trim and package and fuel tank and drivetrain restrictions. I suspect it is a good part of the reason for its being in third place in truck sales behind Ram and Ford.

I agree with you on the fuel tank size, it’s frustrating that GM won’t put bigger than a 26 gallon tank in the 1/2 tons. It’s been 20 years!

i disagree about the bed access. I’ve owned a Ford with the tailgate step, and a Ram that has nothing. GM wins hands down with their bumper cutout steps. Ford’s fold down step is flimsy and vulnerable to damage, and I have to assume that GMC’s new 47-piece tailgate will be too.

OH oh ohhhhhhhhh!!  I just saw an AT4 Sierra in dark grey with tinted windows I actually turned around and went back to look at it omg that thing looked so awesome!!  It had a new tag applied for so somebody just bought it but man that grey color looked so nice!!  Sorry just had to post that, but the guy was looking back at my truck maybe he had a ram before not sure.  

17 hours ago, SuthrnZ71 said:

OH oh ohhhhhhhhh!!  I just saw an AT4 Sierra in dark grey with tinted windows I actually turned around and went back to look at it omg that thing looked so awesome!!  It had a new tag applied for so somebody just bought it but man that grey color looked so nice!!  Sorry just had to post that, but the guy was looking back at my truck maybe he had a ram before not sure.  

The gray color you saw was probably the Smokey Quartz Metallic.

It is a nice color!  The Satin Steel is also nice.