2019 Chevrolet Silverado vs 2019 GMC Sierra - Which one do you like more?

2019 Silverado VS Sierra - Which one do you like more?  

738 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Owned 4 GM's - 98 1500 Silverado, 02 - 2500HD SLT and 2014 +2015 Denali HD.  If GMC puts those God awful fenders on the 2020 2500/3500 Sierra's, I'll be looking at Chevy next time around.  Though, if no one is able to tune L5P my next truck won't likely be a GM anyway.........

• Like 1

I am a current GMC Sierra owner.

Historically, I have purchased Chevrolet Trucks.

If I buy a 2019 GM truck it would have to be a Chevrolet.

The front end looks reminiscent of the old 88-98 style grille which I really liked.

The thin swept 3 LED lights along with the C shaped LED running light from middle out and the shaped tail lights just make the truck look tough in my opinion. 

To me, the 2019 GMC front end is a copy of the current GMC Terrain scaled down. Same Grille theory and backward C shaped lights.

The 2019 Silverado Grille looks nothing like any of the other Chevy Models. Yes the side view shape/lines do look like a Tundra, especially fender openings.

This 2019 GMC Pro Tailgate is rather odd and will be useless when a trailer is hooked up or a receiver hitch and ball are in place.

Probably adds quite a bit to the price tag as well. Give me a good old up down tailgate any day. I like the up-assist option on some of the Silverado trims.

Aside from aesthetics, the trucks will share the same interiors, same engines, mirrors etc.

The Carbon composite bed on the GMC is very innovative, but again, at what cost? Technology does come with a hefty price tag!

The Trail Boss and AT4 should not come with the typical Ranchos we have now, but nice upgraded Fox, Bilstein or other coil over type reservoir shocks

for those that prefer the Z71 and AT4 trims.

How can GM compare these rancho equipped versions with a Ford Raptor? Laughable as I see it!

For what we have paid for our K2's, these new 2019s had better shift smooth, not vibrate going down the highway and have all of the bugs worked out of them

that most of us experience now. 

Both trucks are a good step in the right direction and I would rather have either one over a Ram or Ford any day :thumbs:

We all like what we like and that is the beauty of being human and living in America.

Everyone enjoy what you have and what you can have. I look forward to reading future threads and posts about these T1 platform trucks as much as I have in the K2 forum.

• Like 2

It depends on the deal at the dealer. GMC is usually more expensive and has a nicer interior. As we get older we buy trucks that are upscale. I've enjoyed the work trucks in the past, less problems with electrical problems, door locks, windows etc.

My 2017 Silverado with OnStar follows us around like a puppy. Aside from the wheel wells, I like the GMC, but would pick the Chevy as the dealer is closer to home. 

On 4/3/2018 at 11:20 AM, Sierra Dan said:

I am a current GMC Sierra owner.

Historically, I have purchased Chevrolet Trucks.

If I buy a 2019 GM truck it would have to be a Chevrolet.

The front end looks reminiscent of the old 88-98 style grille which I really liked.

The thin swept 3 LED lights along with the C shaped LED running light from middle out and the shaped tail lights just make the truck look tough in my opinion. 

To me, the 2019 GMC front end is a copy of the current GMC Terrain scaled down. Same Grille theory and backward C shaped lights.

The 2019 Silverado Grille looks nothing like any of the other Chevy Models. Yes the side view shape/lines do look like a Tundra, especially fender openings.

This 2019 GMC Pro Tailgate is rather odd and will be useless when a trailer is hooked up or a receiver hitch and ball are in place.

Probably adds quite a bit to the price tag as well. Give me a good old up down tailgate any day. I like the up-assist option on some of the Silverado trims.

Aside from aesthetics, the trucks will share the same interiors, same engines, mirrors etc.

The Carbon composite bed on the GMC is very innovative, but again, at what cost? Technology does come with a hefty price tag!

The Trail Boss and AT4 should not come with the typical Ranchos we have now, but nice upgraded Fox, Bilstein or other coil over type reservoir shocks

for those that prefer the Z71 and AT4 trims.

How can GM compare these rancho equipped versions with a Ford Raptor? Laughable as I see it!

For what we have paid for our K2's, these new 2019s had better shift smooth, not vibrate going down the highway and have all of the bugs worked out of them

that just a few of us experience now. 

Both trucks are a good step in the right direction and I would rather have either one over a Ram or Ford any day :thumbs:

We all like what we like and that is the beauty of being human and living in America.

Everyone enjoy what you have and what you can have. I look forward to reading future threads and posts about these T1 platform trucks as much as I have in the K2 forum.

They don't, no where do they mention this a raptor fighter nor is it. So you can stop calling it that...

Also fixed that last part for ya, you are welcome!

Tyler

Tyler,

I stand corrected or should I say reminded.  Yes, A Few, Several, many, however you want to call it regarding transmission clunk.

I just read your post/reply in the:

Infamous 8 Speed Transmission Clunk - Dealer/GM Current Position on the Issue?

By Abonino, 1 hour ago in 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2018 Chevrolet Silverado & GMC Sierra 1500

13 minutes ago, amxguy1970 said:

amxguy1970 The consensus is the same in all the other threads you searched, nothing has changed each situation and each dealer response is unique.

Not sure what to tell you but try another dealer? What makes it infamous? Is it like the infamous tire shake that less than probably 1% of the trucks exhibit?

Funny you bring up price, you didn't pay enough. If you had purchased the $60k truck it would be clunk free...

Tyler

This is what I was getting at in my above opinion. Its an issue GM has with the K2 6 and 8 speed transmission offerings

Some days mine is flawless and others I wonder if I will make it to my destination. I still love my truck.

This has been an issue on every GM truck I have owned dating back to my 94 SB Z71 so it is not new to me.

As for a Raptor "fighter", I never quoted it as a "fighter"  

My reference was to the Off Road capability.

Web searches and video info on the new 2019 Gm trucks led me to this belief that GM came up with the AT4 and Trail Boss to take a bite out of Raptor or Ram Rebel sales.

The Reaper GM tried to market and sell did not catch on and was in my opinion rather ugly.

Like I said, I would rather have a GM over Ford or Ram any day.

This forum is about what we like more.....  GMC Sierra or Chevrolet Silverado

So what do you drive Tyler?  

1 hour ago, Sierra Dan said:

Tyler,

I stand corrected or should I say reminded.  Yes, A Few, Several, many, however you want to call it regarding transmission clunk.

By Abonino, 1 hour ago in 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2018 Chevrolet Silverado & GMC Sierra 1500

This is what I was getting at in my above opinion. Its an issue GM has with the K2 6 and 8 speed transmission offerings

Some days mine is flawless and others I wonder if I will make it to my destination. I still love my truck.

This has been an issue on every GM truck I have owned dating back to my 94 SB Z71 so it is not new to me.

As for a Raptor "fighter", I never quoted it as a "fighter"  

Web searches and video info on the new 2019 Gm trucks led me to this belief that GM came up with the AT4 and Trail Boss to take a bite out of Raptor or Ram Rebel sales.

The Reaper GM tried to market and sell did not catch on and was in my opinion rather ugly.

the Silverado reaper I don't think gm had anything to do with it, a aftermarket upfit company had to do with it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If I had to pick one of the two, definitely the Chevy.  Those wheel wells are butt ugly on the GMC and I've never been a fan of the GMC front ends in general.  Not crazy about how the front fender is done on the 2019's either.  The little winglet thing that protrudes on the top back of the cab reminds me of the one on the back of Deadpool's head, lol.

I much prefer the 2018 Chevy over both the 2019's.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2018 at 1:04 PM, Sierra Dan said:

Tyler,

This has been an issue on every GM truck I have owned dating back to my 94 SB Z71 so it is not.

GM had zero involvement with the Reaper. It was built and promoted by Southern Comfort Automotive and the engine upgraded by Lingenfelter. And yes, it was very very ugly. 

Judging by the size of the thread about K2 vibrations, the problem is nowhere near as common as the internet made it out to be. GM built and sold at least 1.5 and probably closer to 2 million K2 halftons. There should be a lot more unique registered users in that thread if the issue was even slightly as widespread as people make it out to be. High speed vibrations are getting to be an issue affecting all brands there are close to as many guys with 2009-2018 F-150's complaining of high speed vibrations that the dealer couldn't fix by replacing tires, re-balancing tires, replacing driveshafts, etc. Ram has had vibration issues, especially after they went to a multilink rear suspension, even the 2nd gen Tundra has had vibration issues. 

The F-150 has had complaints over clunking shifts too. Especially the 2015-18 trucks. Same with torque converter shudder. They usually tell you it's normal.

I like the Silverado.  The GMC to me hasn't really had much of a drastic change like the Chevy.  It still has that huge "pig snout" of a grill. Plus the lights, they look very similar to current production GMC's.  Now the wheel wells, they have changed. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I seriously still believe that GM will do another pretty big redesign in 21.  Just like they did with the previous, 2 years, get feed back, make lots of minor changes.  It will be interesting I bet.  With that in mind, my next truck will be '21