In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Misfire and HO2S codes

I recently noticed my check engine light was on, once I scanned it it came up with the codes P0155 and P0300. A while back I had to engine swap my truck, the engine stayed a 5.3 but the year of the motor changed. Before I did any engine work no check engine light was on (this was a couple of months ago, yes I am aware parts break and need replacement but I'm not sure where to start or if its a programming thing). I have only a one year old exhaust system, along with sensors. I have yet to look and see if any connectors or wires have corroded. In terms of misfire, I have all new spark plugs and wires. I know sometimes misfires are also effected by fuel (I replaced my fuel pump awhile ago). It is and older truck (2006). I was curious if it was because I run 87, what 89 might do, etc. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By ahendri
      First off I apologize if this is in the wrong forum I could not find anything related to a 2019 Sierra 2500HD.

I wanted to reach out the the community for some help/advice. I have been having issues with my 2019 L5P Duramax specifically the fuel rail pressure performance during deceleration fuel cut-off which is P1089. I have been to two different GM dealers and neither one have been able to successfully fix this problem. They have replaced the fuel pressure sensor and connector three different times and it still keeps returning. I am looking to you guys for some guidance hopefully someone has been down this path or has some insight on what I might be able to do. I keep asking the question to the dealership what could be causing this failure? Surely I have not just gotten my hands on 3 bad fuel pressure sensors?  My truck was in last week and I just received it back on 10/20/22 and yesterday I was coming to a stop and my truck started idling horribly and the cab was shaking almost as if it was misfiring. The CEL never came on yesterday but the traction control light did come on briefly. This cleared itself up after a short drive towards my house.  I immediately called the dealer I was just at and said something is clearly still wrong. They were nearing the end of their day yesterday and I would not have made it in time for them to read any diagnostics on it yesterday but this morning the CEL came on this morning with the same P1089 code. I drove over to the dealer this morning and there was a P0300 code that was in the history which I would expect since the general description is a Engine Misfire detected. Could an injector be going out and tripping the P1089? The dealers that I have been going to say they are following GMs procedures but that is about it. I am wondering if they are heading down the wrong path with this P1089 and something else is causing the issue masking the P1089 code? I have noticed that my truck will flutter for lack of a better way of describing it when coming to a stop. It's not downshifting its more of the RPM will flutter when coming to a stop and then when stopped they will resume to about 700 and be perfectly normal. I told the dealer about this as well and they did not have anything to comment on that.
    • By smitty123
      Please see attached file for report.  Been dealing with this for a while.  Mechanics said they smoke tested and found no leaks.
      Fuel pressure tested at 58.
      Has random misfire code p0300 and lean code  p0171. Has installed new, Delco cap and Delco rotor and Delco Iridium plugs.  Last year tried Bosch plugs and new after market cap and rotor.   Still no difference.   Shows classic sign of vacuum leak as throttle increase causes fuel trims start to lower. 
      What do you think?
      SavannaReport08062022_0001.pdf
    • By azurite
      Hello.

I have a Silverado 1500 4.8L base model with 200K miles.

I could use some guidance on how to troubleshoot two engine codes that my truck has. P0101 and P0171. I erased the codes, unfortunately. This is what I have done thus far:
      -Inspected the Air filter (it is clean)
      - Cleaned the MAF sensor with MAF cleaner. 
      - The MAF values are responsive to changes in engine RPM.
      I don't have any special tools to check for vacuum leaks.

I Took live readings with my Zurich ZR8 code reader
      The LTFT1 and LTFT2 hover around +14% when engine warm and idling around 600 RPM.  Drove around a little and LTFT1 and 2 rose as high as 21%.
      MAP -  11 Hg
      MAF reads 0.52 lb/min
      TPS reads 9%

Update 9/5/2021:
         I tested the fuel pressure and it is in the normal range, 58 while idling, a bit lower with the key in the "On" position.
      While running the engine, In short bursts,  I sprayed brake cleaner around the air intake hoses and gasket and listened for changes in the idle pitch.  Admittmedly, I may not have hit every crevice while doing this.  No leaks detected.
      What are my next steps?
    • By Bradamoki
      Hello I have a 2000 GMC Sierra 5.3 4x4, it has been sitting for 6 months. First thing I did was change the oil, next I drained the old gas and put new gas in. The truck would crank but not turn over. I replaced the fuel filter, and replaced the fuel regulator. Prior to replacing the fuel regulator I had no fuel pressure, gas was leaking through the diaphragm of the regulator into the intake manifold. Once I replaced the above items fuel pressure was up to 50psi with key in start position. The truck fired right up no problem but, there was a very loud ticking sound that sped up and got louder when I pushed on the gas. I immediately shut it off. I checked the oil and the dipstick smelled like gas. I drained the oil and there was a lot of gas mixed in with the new oil. I replaced the oil filter and filled it with new 5W-30 Mobile 1 high mileage synthetic oil. It fired right up again and the loud ticking sound was still there. Oil pressure was good I let it idle for a few minutes and the ticking got a little bit quieter but, still loud. Check engine light was on and the codes were P0300 and P0200. I hooked up a Noid light to each injectors wiring harness at idle and every one was firing. I removed the fuel injectors and cleaned them, did OHM test on each one and all of them had consistent readings. I do not know what else to do from here? Any help, direction, or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
      My truck has 245,000 miles on the original engine.
    • By Bradamoki
      Hello I have a 2000 GMC Sierra 5.3 4x4, it has been sitting for 6 months. First thing I did was change the oil, next I drained the old gas and put new gas in. The truck would crank but not turn over. I replaced the fuel filter, and replaced the fuel regulator. Prior to replacing the fuel regulator I had no fuel pressure, gas was leaking through the diaphragm of the regulator into the intake manifold. Once I replaced the above items fuel pressure was up to 50psi with key in start position. The truck fired right up no problem but, there was a very loud ticking sound that sped up and got louder when I pushed on the gas. I immediately shut it off. I checked the oil and the dipstick smelled like gas. I drained the oil and there was a lot of gas mixed in with the new oil. I replaced the oil filter and filled it with new 5W-30 Mobile 1 high mileage synthetic oil. It fired right up again and the loud ticking sound was still there. Oil pressure was good I let it idle for a few minutes and the ticking got a little bit quieter but, still loud. Check engine light was on and the codes were P0300 and P0200. I hooked up a Noid light to each injectors wiring harness at idle and every one was firing. I removed the fuel injectors and cleaned them, did OHM test on each one and all of them had consistent readings. I do not know what else to do from here? Any help, direction, or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
      My truck has 245,000 miles on the original engine.