2500Hd Rumors

Couldn't agree more about the 6 liter being a dinosaur and I can't justify the Duramax option, especially between maintenance, the heavy cost of repairs, the Re-gen on trips, the cost of the fuel, the local shop not having a diesel mechanic on hand, the initial cost and not really a vast increase in MPG's. Yes, if the government didn't destroy the diesels of yesteryear then it would be a possibility. But in reality there's no reason that GM can't give us what the other manufactures are already offering in gas versions. And yes it's easy to say and I can already hear it from the keyboard warriors that think GM can do no wrong, just go buy a Ford or Dodge then, but that's not the point. We are and have been a GM family my whole life, even switched the Mrs. over from buying imports and she's been a happy GM customer also. Thanks for a glimmer of hope for those that said, we may see a new motor in the 4500/5500 models that may get passed down to us 2500 owners. I can only hope!!!

Edited by plumbob98

On 3/5/2018 at 11:29 AM, C/K Man said:

I think that GM will offer a gas option for the 4500/5500, and I think it is likely the L96 will be replaced in the 2500/3500 at some point, my guess is with the same engine in the new medium duty trucks.  A lot of large fleets are going back to gasoline, the economics of diesels no longer work out for them.  Sure diesels have a power advantage, but they no longer have a fuel economy advantage, they are less reliable than gasoline now and the are VERY expensive to fix.  Also, gasoline engines are easy to convert to CNG/LNG. 

Detuned 350hp/700tq L5P only. 

I remember the old Kodiak/TopKick trucks retained the 8.3L gasser after it was removed from the 2500/3500 trucks. Maybe they will bring back a derivative of it or the 7.4L

• Like 1

I was up in Kapuskasing Ontario (GM's Cold Weather Centre) this past weekend for some snowmobiling. I got a couple of crappy pics of a truck w/ 8 studs:

5ab1bb838f910_DSCF1408-Copy.thumb.JPG.9e1334734d6138be6e25969120cdca5c.JPG

5ab1bb9229cf7_DSCF1409-Copy.thumb.JPG.2c818187e6b256a2d353f6402520e742.JPG

Saw a dually crew cab around town (cladded as well) but not in a spot to get pics.

Bring on the mirror mounted to the door comments.

Edited by revrnd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If any of you guys want to camp out up there to get some shots, I got a message from a friend up there & it was -23*F this morning @ 7:45 AM.

9 hours ago, revrnd said:

If any of you guys want to camp out up there to get some shots, I got a message from a friend up there & it was -23*F this morning @ 7:45 AM.

Given it is technically spring, sign me up for the fair weather testing at around 75-80°. :thumbs:

Thanks for posting the photos.

3 hours ago, '01LS1 said:

Given it is technically spring, sign me up for the fair weather testing at around 75-80°. :thumbs:

Thanks for posting the photos.

Then you'll have to deal w/ the blackflies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_fly

I'll take the cold

• 11 months later...
4 hours ago, bshort said:

The 2020 gas is supposed to be a 6.6L (derivative of the 6.0) mated to a 6 speed.  

GM unveiled everything last month on the HD trucks. 

https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/home.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2019/feb/0205-silverado-hd-2020.html

https://media.gmc.com/media/us/en/gmc/home.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2019/jan/0122-sierra-hd.html