Jump to content

Zane

The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

Recommended Posts

It's never too early to start talking about the process of shopping around for a dealer, pricing, the ordering process, deposits, and production delivery times.  Although we're still months away from orders being accepted, this thread is meant to be a place where everyone can check in and share their experiences as they go through the process. 

 

I'm also going to document as many important dates in this initial post as I can. I'll attempt to keep everyone up to date on start of production, any ordering limitations, and when the ordering system will go live. 

 

NEW UPDATES AS OF: April 25th, 2018

 

T1XX-  2019 Chevrolet Silverado and 2019 GMC Sierra - Important Ordering / Production Dates

 

Pre-Production:  NOW - Captured Test Fleet Production Confirmed as of March 31st.

Fleet Order Entry Avaliable On

  • Crew Cab: 4/26/18
  • Double Cab:  6/21/18
  • Regular Cab: TBD

Retail Initial Consensus Month

  • Crew Cab: May 1st
  • Double Cab:  August 1st
  • Regular Cab: TBD

Initial Dealer Order Submission Process (DOSP)

  • Crew Cab: 5/17/18
  • Double Cab:  8/16/18
  • Regular Cab: TBD

Production Start Up For Dealer Delivery

  • Crew Cab: Quarter 3 - July/August/September
  • Double Cab: Quarter 4 - October November December
  • Regular Cab: TBD

2019 Chevrolet Silverado Start Up Schedule

2019_Silverado_Ordering01.jpg

2019_Silverado_Ordering02.jpg

2019_Silverado_Ordering03.jpg

2019_Silverado_Ordering04.jpg

2019_Silverado_Ordering05.jpg

 

 

2019 GMC Sierra Start Up Schedule

2019_GMC_Sierra_StartupSchedule.jpg

This post will be updated whenever new information becomes available. Please contact me if you can help clarify any of these dates.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2018 at 7:55 AM, Zane said:

It's never too early to start talking about the process of shopping around for a dealer, pricing, the ordering process, deposits, and production delivery times.  Although we're still months away from orders being accepted, this thread is meant to be a place where everyone can check in and share their experiences as they go through the process. 

 

I'm also going to document as many important dates in this initial post as I can. I'll attempt to keep everyone up to date on start of production, any ordering limitations, and when the ordering system will go live. 

 

T1XX-  2019 Chevrolet Silverado and 2019 GMC Sierra - Important Ordering / Production Dates

Orders will begin to be accepted: June-July

Pre-Production will begin: TBD
Production will begin:  TBD

Shipments to dealers will begin:  August - October

 

This post will be updated whenever new information becomes available. Please contact me if you can help clarify any of these dates.

Sweet! May have to talk to my local GMC dealer about ordering a 2019 Denali. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to what I can see on both of these websites below, the 2019 Silverado double cab order acceptance will start March 29th and production starting June 11th. I am unsure on what 2019 model this is, If it is the all new Silverado or if it is the current one (2019 Silverado Legacy its called)

 

https://www.donlen.com/buildstart-trucks-gm.html

https://www.arifleet.com/resources/manufacturing-updates/build-out-start-up-dates/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:38 PM, silveradonationfan15 said:

According to what I can see on both of these websites below, the 2019 Silverado double cab order acceptance will start March 29th and production starting June 11th. I am unsure on what 2019 model this is, If it is the all new Silverado or if it is the current one (2019 Silverado Legacy its called)

 

https://www.donlen.com/buildstart-trucks-gm.html

https://www.arifleet.com/resources/manufacturing-updates/build-out-start-up-dates/

Anyone know any details about what I just said above? I cant seem to find any order information about the 2019 1500's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need everyone's advice on when I need to place my order.  I will need to take delivery around the first of October that is when my lease is up on my F150.  I would just trade it in but from what I've been told almost nobody other than another Ford Dealership wants to deal with a Ford lease.  I am not ordering nothing crazy just want to make sure that a black Denali ultimate 4x4with black interior will be available when my lease ends.

I know it usually takes 6 to 8 weeks on orders so that should put me ordering the first of August or should I order sooner since it looks like production will start June or July for the 2019's.  I would hate to wait and place my order a month or two after productions start and get a 12 week or more back log.  Has anyone had experience with this before and what is everyone's opinion on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, strickland604 said:

I need everyone's advice on when I need to place my order.  I will need to take delivery around the first of October that is when my lease is up on my F150.  I would just trade it in but from what I've been told almost nobody other than another Ford Dealership wants to deal with a Ford lease.  I am not ordering nothing crazy just want to make sure that a black Denali ultimate 4x4with black interior will be available when my lease ends.

I know it usually takes 6 to 8 weeks on orders so that should put me ordering the first of August or should I order sooner since it looks like production will start June or July for the 2019's.  I would hate to wait and place my order a month or two after productions start and get a 12 week or more back log.  Has anyone had experience with this before and what is everyone's opinion on this.

Id would order mid July, usually when production plant switches and starts up on a new model it isn't set full capacity. I seen somewhere production on the crew cabs starts July 23rd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2018 at 3:23 PM, silveradonationfan15 said:

Anyone know any details about what I just said above? I cant seem to find any order information about the 2019 1500's

I stopped at my local GM dealer  this afternoon and yes, these dates are correct.  You could order your 2019 double cab today, without pricing, and he confirmed the startup dates.  No dates listed yet for the crew cab.

 

What I found interesting is on the order form, the exterior colors are the same as last year models.  At least for the double cabs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be hard for me to order a truck with no pricing especially since most dealers will want a deposit.  I imagine the orders for the crew cabs will start the end of April or first of May.  I will hopefully be ordering a Denali but I want to know what the price is first and what the dealer will sell it to me for before I order it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, packcrew said:

I stopped at my local GM dealer  this afternoon and yes, these dates are correct.  You could order your 2019 double cab today, without pricing, and he confirmed the startup dates.  No dates listed yet for the crew cab.

 

What I found interesting is on the order form, the exterior colors are the same as last year models.  At least for the double cabs.

 

2019 Double cab ordering right now is for the OLD body style continuation trucks, aka Silverado Legacy.  They start up 6/11/18. 

 

https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2018&butID=1&regionID=1&divisionID=1&vehicleID=21425&type=0

 

2019 NEW body style all cabs are TBD on ordering dates and production startup. 

Edited by newdude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, packcrew said:

I stopped at my local GM dealer  this afternoon and yes, these dates are correct.  You could order your 2019 double cab today, without pricing, and he confirmed the startup dates.  No dates listed yet for the crew cab.

 

What I found interesting is on the order form, the exterior colors are the same as last year models.  At least for the double cabs.

Acturally I looked into this also this past week and I discovered this ordering is for the 2019 "old" Silverado! its now called the silverado legacy. you can only get WT, LT and LT2 models

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know they have shown 3/4 ton work truck reg cab pics. Anyone seed any 1/2 to ones? I remember last time in 2013 a member here photo shopped one for us reg cab guys! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Likarok said:

I know they have shown 3/4 ton work truck reg cab pics. Anyone seed any 1/2 to ones? I remember last time in 2013 a member here photo shopped one for us reg cab guys! 

 

Real good question....With Ram discontinuing the regular cabs for 2019 it made me nervous Chevrolet might stop selling the consumer type regular cabs.....hopefully not !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Likarok said:

I know they have shown 3/4 ton work truck reg cab pics. Anyone seed any 1/2 to ones? I remember last time in 2013 a member here photo shopped one for us reg cab guys! 

 

Chevy showed the Regular Cab in WT trim when they unveiled the Silverado:  https://goo.gl/images/r4wFZx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have any update on when ordering will begin on the '19 Sierra Denali 1500?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Similar Content

    • By jay97
      My Suburban's sound system has recently gotten blown out. Does anybody know the size for the front and rear door speakers? I'm considering on putting an aftermarket sound system into the SUV.
    • By Domes68
      I have a 2005 Sierra 1500 with a blown gt5/g80 and a 2004 Silverado 1500 parts truck with a gt4. Just wondering if everything would be the same if I were to swap them or not
    • By green.joel2
      Hello all,
       
      This is my first post on this forum.  Last year I bought a 2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext cab LT with a 5.3l V8 that is Flexfuel capable.  Well, I never intended to use flex fuel, but last week, I did so on the spur of the moment.  We drove about 3/4 of the tank gone.  Then as I was pulling up to the gas station to refill before going out of town for work, my truck's idle began dropping and feeling like it is about to stall out at idle.  This happens whether park is engaged or not.  I filled up, put some seafoam in my tank and drove about 1.5 hours to work.  It continued to idle like this all throughout the trip and even later when I went out and sat at idle while on my break.  What could be the problem? I can't imagine that an engine that is meant for flex fuel could get that messed up by it.  A side note: we had the transmission rebuilt in January, just in case that makes a different.  It has only been a few weeks since last oil change.  All fluids were checked and filled up at that time and have been checked a couple of times since.
    • By Vindicta_Mihi
      Just wanted to post on here, as I have seen no less than a thousand posts with questions about the 6L80E, specifically about the power threshold of a stock unit. I have a 2014 GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab Standard Bed stock 3.42 gears stock drive shaft stock 20" rims/tires 6.2L fully forged top/bottom end "Armageddon Twin Nagasaki's" (GT3582R's) e-boost 2 gauge Z06/LT4 fuel system 365lph in-tank Armageddon fuel pump QTP exhaust cut-outs and laid down 965rwhp/850 rwtq on a mustang dyno with 18psi on 116 race fuel (cut-outs open). I say all of this because the stock transmission detonated the 4-5-6 shaft (intermediate hub) near the splines. I took it to a "race shop" that said they would upgrade as much as they could; and was told at the time, there were limited aftermarket parts available for the 6L80E. This was mid 2018 with less than 10K miles on the truck and about 500 miles on the engine/turbo build and I discovered that was not entirely true. I drove the truck after their work,  with "spirited road driving" while the roads were wet no less. Long story short; they f'd me and I detonated the 4-5-6 stock intermediate shaft again within 100 miles and no traction at all. They apparently replaced all parts that were broken with stock parts! Moving on, I took my truck to a different shop and researched my a** off and found PATC Transmissions. I had a warm and fuzzy after speaking with them and ordered the Phoenix Level 4 Master Rebuild kit among a few other minor accoutrements and re-tuning of my TCM by Mike from Century Automotive. It is now APR 2019 and I am about 1 1/2 weeks away from having the my billet planetary gear mailed to me; for the new, more reputable shop in my area to install all of this PATC bada**ery. If anyone is truly interested, I will post new info once I put the new Phoenix Master Rebuild kit through the ringer with the full weight/horsepower/torque of my particular application...I hope this helps if there are some lost souls out there that may be headed down the same long. hard. road. of a "full send" like myself! Please post if you have questions/comments/concerns; as I have "been there done that and forgot the t-shirt" with the L86/6L80E so far. 
       
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Forum Statistics

    205,518
    Total Topics
    2,196,643
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    174,778
    Total Members
    8,960
    Most Online
    nissyota88
    Newest Member
    nissyota88
    Joined
  • Who's Online   50 Members, 0 Anonymous, 390 Guests (See full list)

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.