The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

• 3 weeks later...

Some more information that i found today.  Looks like the Standard Bed Crew Cab, which I want will not be available until Jan/Feb 2019.  Now that sucks!

AVAILABLE MODELS
2WD Short Bed Crew Cab (CC10543)
4WD Short Bed Crew Cab (CK10543)
LATE AVAILABILITY 2WD Standard Bed Crew Cab (CC10743)
LATE AVAILABILITY 4WD Standard Bed Crew Cab (CK10743)
LATE AVAILABILITY 2WD Standard Bed Double Cab (CC10753)
LATE AVAILABILITY 4WD Standard Bed Double Cab (CK10753)

Late availability on the following models: (C*10743) Crew Cab Standard Bed, (C*10753) Double Cab Standard Bed

Late availability on the following Equipment Groups: (1WT) Work Truck, (1CX) Silverado Custom, (2CX) Silverado Custom Trail Boss

Late availability on the following engines: (LV3) 4.3L EcoTec3 V6, (L3B) 2.7L Diesel Turbo, (L82) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8

Edited by Black02Silverado

Oh the wait.... I ordered my 2019 (because they wouldn't let me order a 2018) on May 11th.  its a GMC 3500HD SLT SRW Duramax/Allison 4x4 Z71 and it's killing me how much lack of information GM or my Dealer has on my order.  It was built on 6/25 and in "Status 4300" in Flint since 6/27 and not moved as of this posting (7/10/18) GM Chat has no update and no eta on shipment.  Why in this day and age does GM not have a website that interactively tracks an order so you can have more info like Why it's sitting for weeks waiting to be shipped?  The GM Chat people are even starting to get a little "Short" with me contacting them weekly for updates. 

Any therapy appreciated,

Epicenter

Another week gone by it's 07/17/18 and on Friday the Salesman called to say "no news on your truck, waiting for it to be put on a railcar".   Really, 2 and a half weeks post production and it hasn't moved from the shipping lot... Arrgh!

07/19/18 Well at least some progress... it Finally made it on a Rail Car and is due into a Rail hub in Petersburg, VA by tomorrow (Friday) so I'm a little more encouraged, that's only 2 hours Driving time away from my dealership so maybe I'll get it by August <insert big sigh here>. 

07/20/18 Great to at least FINALLY have status changes every couple of days.  Very thankful to get the update tonight at 5:45 that it reached the Rail Hub in Petersburg, VA on schedule and has been loaded on a transport truck for dispatch to the Dealership!  Maybe I'll see it in the next 3-5 days??

7/24/18 Still waiting :-( Tomorrow will be 1 month anniversary of the truck being built. It sat for 2.5 weeks in the parking lot in Flint Michigan, then it was finally put on a rail car and sent to the distribution hub in Petersburg, VA last week so we'll see how long it sits there. Unfortunately that's only a 2 hour drive from my dealership.... The wait is still killing me but GM sure isn't in a hurry to get this "special order" out of its hair.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

FINALLY after 11 weeks of Waiting and 3 years of saving plus a call to the General manager to ask why it's been sitting for 3.5 weeks of its new life in a shipping yard it arrived Yesterday.

Wow, well worth it.  Everything I expected it to be.  

That's all I have to say about that!  My first Diesel truck and one of the first 2019s to make it to their new home.  See attached

Truck (1).jpg

Edited by Epicenter
Update

On 6/6/2018 at 2:26 PM, Sierra Dan said:

Trail Boss and AT4 still seem to have a Rake

Really?  A truck comes with rake?  Wow!  Listen people, trucks are built to tow and haul, not to be level like your wife or sisters car!  When loaded heavy or towing heavy, the rear squats to accept the additional load.  If it's level before additional weight, then it's going to squat lower than the front and not be set up properly or safely.  Get over it already. 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2018 at 10:48 AM, DougFL said:

My 2019 Silverado 2WD High County reached Order Status 3000 with a production week of 8/20/18!

Wow! Congrats! Still waiting to hear on our AT4 when the build date is supposed to be scheduled. 

Really?  A truck comes with rake?  Wow!  Listen people, trucks are built to tow and haul, not to be level like your wife or sisters car!  When loaded heavy or towing heavy, the rear squats to accept the additional load.  If it's level before additional weight, then it's going to squat lower than the front and not be set up properly or safely.  Get over it already. 

I guess you never heard of air bags? Ram has them as an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess you never heard of air bags? Ram has them as an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually...I have. I don't see your point here. I'm well aware of the Ram bags that help level, but we are not talking about the Ram...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

On 7/10/2018 at 10:17 AM, Epicenter said:

Oh the wait.... I ordered my 2019 (because they wouldn't let me order a 2018) on May 11th.  its a GMC 3500HD SLT SRW Duramax/Allison 4x4 Z71 and it's killing me how much lack of information GM or my Dealer has on my order.  It was built on 6/25 and in "Status 4300" in Flint since 6/27 and not moved as of this posting (7/10/18) GM Chat has no update and no eta on shipment.  Why in this day and age does GM not have a website that interactively tracks an order so you can have more info like Why it's sitting for weeks waiting to be shipped?  The GM Chat people are even starting to get a little "Short" with me contacting them weekly for updates. 

Any therapy appreciated,

Epicenter

Another week gone by it's 07/17/18 and on Friday the Salesman called to say "no news on your truck, waiting for it to be put on a railcar".   Really, 2 and a half weeks post production and it hasn't moved from the shipping lot... Arrgh!

I noticed that the local GMC and Chevy dealer got a load of 2019 HD's this week so yours is probably close.  I am sure you realize the 2019 HD's are just a carry over from 2018 and not the new body style. 

The 1st 2 weeks of July GM is typically on company wide vacation shutdown.

Really, 2 and a half weeks post production and it hasn't moved from the shipping lot... Arrgh!

This is normal, it can take up to 4wks, logistics takes time. Transit to NC will be train so its probably on a truck somewhere right now. 

There is a nationwide shortage of truck drivers. 

Edited by elcamino

Thank you for the reply, Right and understood on the no body style changes since those aren't due until mid-production year 2019 (that's why I ordered early, didn't like the fender well angle cuts on the 19's).  I did get an update Tuesday that it Finally made it on a Rail Car and is due into a Rail hub in Petersburg, VA by tomorrow (Friday) so I'm a little more encouraged, that's only 2 hours Driving time away from my dealership so maybe I'll get it by August <insert big sigh here>.  Tough being a first time new Vehicle purchaser (custom order) and still cannot believe the lack of communications from GM...

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:23 AM, Epicenter said:

Thank you for the reply, Right and understood on the no body style changes since those aren't due until mid-production year 2019 (that's why I ordered early, didn't like the fender well angle cuts on the 19's).  I did get an update Tuesday that it Finally made it on a Rail Car and is due into a Rail hub in Petersburg, VA by tomorrow (Friday) so I'm a little more encouraged, that's only 2 hours Driving time away from my dealership so maybe I'll get it by August <insert big sigh here>.  Tough being a first time new Vehicle purchaser (custom order) and still cannot believe the lack of communications from GM...

Try ordering one back in the 70's and not knowing a thing until three months later the dealer calls you to tell you your vehicle is in.  At least you have some information to go by. 

• Haha 1