The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

20 minutes ago, Zane said:

I just found out our LTZ was pulled aside for quality control. Not sure what that means but it might be a little longer to get it on the rail car. 

Well, good on them for doing that.

Just wish they had done that with my 2007 ... :shakehead:

16 hours ago, strickland604 said:

Mine has been in transit from Roanoke Indiana to Fort Wayne Indiana for a week and a half.

It's 2018. Why does transit time and current location have to be so variable and confusing? 

That sucks.  Every time I called or chatted with GM, I got so many different answers.  They all told me the Trail Boss was being built in Mexico, when it was built in Indiana.  One person said it takes weeks to build a truck while others told me about 2 days.  They were very misleading on just about everything!

My Silver Ice Metallic Trail Boss was built last Monday and my dealer just got notification that is has been loaded on the car hauler heading to the dealership!

They should offer tracking like FedEx and UPS. Scan the vin and it uploads to a tracking website with current assembly status and then location on it's way to you. However it would probably make some customers mad when they see it Indiana then a trip to Orlando before turning around and being in Chicago on it's way to the final destination of Dallas! 

5 minutes ago, ZSTIV said:

I still don't understand how there is no configurator up yet... Its starting to piss me off. 

I know TFL Truck had a link to one for fleets but it doesn't have any pictures. 

I know, right?

I did a chat session on Chevy.com and she said to keep checking but they have no info.  

I informed her the trucks are on the lots and she responded with "is there anything else I can help you with?"

1 minute ago, shift_grind said:

I know, right?

I did a chat session on Chevy.com and she said to keep checking but they have no info.  

I informed her the trucks are on the lots and she responded with "is there anything else I can help you with?"

Ya its irritating, especially when the Ranger has the configurator already out and that truck isn't available till 2019....

As far as them going from Roanoke to Fort Wayne, that's about 10 miles. The plant is actually west of Roanoke about 5 miles, and southwest of Fort Wayne a few miles. It's right off Interstate 69. I've seen new trucks sitting in holding areas on the east side of Fort Wayne, the old Harvester plant area is used to stage haulers and trucks for loading once they are built. It's possible for them to take a few days to be moved from the plant, to the holding area, then onto trucks for delivery to the assigned dealership.

I been waiting since May and I don't have a production date yet. They are saying that pearl, 22s, and floor mats are holding mine up. That is BS. I'm seeing that same stuff I got on lots or in transit to other dealerships. They are putting trucks on the lot to be sold before they fill sold orders.