The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

8 minutes ago, David Nagra said:

Anyone have any update on when ordering will begin on the '19 Sierra Denali 1500?

That is the million dollar question.  Someone on here said they heard production will start mid to end of July.  If that is the case pricing and ordering would probably be end of may first of June.  I think GM is trying to sell their current model inventory before starting orders for the 2019 plus the longer they string us along the longer it will be in the news.

• Like 1

I agree 100% .  My current lease is up in Oct. so I would like to kind of get an idea of cost and order dates.  Ford has their mid model redesign out, 2019 Rams are starting to hit the lots and all GM is giving us is some none descript pictures and tailgate videos.  I am not a big fan of the waiting game they know what the pricing is going to be and the order and production dates so why not tell people?

14 hours ago, David Nagra said:

Thanks for the response.  I agree but what they don't realize is that some people may get tired of waiting and move on to a competitor.  Thanks!

exactly! its been 3 months since the Silverado made its appearance. The only shown the exact same 4 display trucks (blue LT, Red LT trailboss, Silver LTZ and a Brown Hugh country)

I was in the market for a new truck since late last fall, I was really hoping to buy one of those new Silverado's but it appears I will have to wait to at least mid September. I remembers the new 2014 model year 1500s  hit the lots June 2013.

2 hours ago, silveradonationfan15 said:

exactly! its been 3 months since the Silverado made its appearance. The only shown the exact same 4 display trucks (blue LT, Red LT trailboss, Silver LTZ and a Brown Hugh country)

I was in the market for a new truck since late last fall, I was really hoping to buy one of those new Silverado's but it appears I will have to wait to at least mid September. I remembers the new 2014 model year 1500s  hit the lots June 2013.

I purchased my 2014 sierra in July 2013.  Im with you I do not understand why they are being so vague with the pics and info on these trucks.  When Ram revealed their trucks they had all kind of media attention from the auto website's and you could even go to their website and build the new truck.  Not a Ram guy but at least they were giving you something and keeping people excited. It's been a week since any news from GM I feel they have dropped the ball on this one.

1 hour ago, strickland604 said:

I do not understand why they are being so vague with the pics and info on these trucks.  When Ram revealed their trucks they had all kind of media attention from the auto website's and you could even go to their website and build the new truck.  

Because the '19 Ram will be at dealerships this month +/- while the GM twins will be a more traditional Fall model year release. Just guessing that GM was torn between making a big splash in Dec that led to the Detroit Auto Show vs having a completely separate event mid summer 90 days in advance of the trucks being delivered. The K2's were revealed in Dec '12 & at dealerships May '13. So that was a much shorter window than what they are doing this round. I'm sure pricing on all models is going to be similar to Ford/Ram. HP/mpg ratings always seem to be the last known bits of info.

Edited by '01LS1

1 hour ago, '01LS1 said:

Because the '19 Ram will be at dealerships this month +/- while the GM twins will be a more traditional Fall model year release. Just guessing that GM was torn between making a big splash in Dec that led to the Detroit Auto Show vs having a completely separate event mid summer 90 days in advance of the trucks being delivered. The K2's were revealed in Dec '12 & at dealerships May '13. So that was a much shorter window than what they are doing this round. I'm sure pricing on all models is going to be similar to Ford/Ram. HP/mpg ratings always seem to be the last known bits of info.

I agree with you 100%.  It may have been one of those things like hey we know Ram is launching early but look at what we have coming later this year. I am looking forward to hopefully buying one and personally would like a little more info but it is what it is.  Will just have to be patient and wait.

6 hours ago, strickland604 said:

I purchased my 2014 sierra in July 2013.  Im with you I do not understand why they are being so vague with the pics and info on

these trucks.  When Ram revealed their trucks they had all kind of media attention from the auto website's and you could even go to their website and build the new truck.  Not a Ram guy but at least they were giving you something and keeping people excited. It's been a week since any news from GM I feel they have dropped the ball on this one.

I came across this on YouTube. it appears to be at the fort wayne assembly  lot waiting to be shipped somewhere....its nice to know the high country got a decent looking 20" wheels and an available black interior vs brown one.

Wish they would have skipped the crazy upper fender & door body line on the Silverado & kept it similar to the Sierra. Understand they were attempting to differentiate the models/brands. But liking the more subtle Sierra upper body line. 

Anyway, found this a bit ago. The AT4 looks better, at least to me under full lights vs what I had seen at the reveal. It is around 4 min long. 

That red kind of muted that horrific “puke line” on the front fenders.

That dark color and especially silver will accentuate that nasty thing.

Wtf. Looks like a sonic or Malibu not a serious vehicle for men.

Sent from device. Excuse errors.

On 4/4/2018 at 2:57 PM, silveradonationfan15 said:

I came across this on YouTube. it appears to be at the fort wayne assembly  lot waiting to be shipped somewhere....its nice to know the high country got a decent looking 20" wheels and an available black interior vs brown one.

I can’t tell if those are 20” wheels or 18”. Sure look like the tires from the Sierra AT4 that are on the 18”.