The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

14 minutes ago, Black02Silverado said:

I contacted Costco and the dealer I'm buying from, again in a small town isn't part of the Costco system.  :(

Where are you located?  I'm told that makes a difference on what GM can offer as well.  It stinks but such is life.

I'm in Los Angeles area. I believe Costco's deal finished on January 2nd, but instead, loyalty increased from $1500 to $2500. I suggest you to look at Kelly Blue Book website and get some idea about fair prices, if your dealer isn't friendly enough. You can also see available inventories in there too. www.kbb.com 

You can also build your truck on GM website and look at the available inventories which are similar to your desired one. Then start negotiating. I believe you can also select up to 5 different dealers to contact you. 

Edited by AMPRG

1 minute ago, AMPRG said:

I'm in Los Angeles area. I believe Costco's deal finished on January 2nd, but instead, loyalty increased from $1500 to $2500. I suggest you to look at Kelly Blue Book website and get some idea about fair prices, if your dealer isn't friendly enough. You can also available inventories in there too. www.kbb.com 

You can also build your truck on GM website and look at the available inventories which are similar to your desired one. Then start negotiating. I believe you can also select up to 5 different dealers to contact you. 

Mine is an order vehicle and just came in.  So I need to get what ever incentives are out now when I take delivery.  That is the other bad thing about ordering, you can't get the better deals from off the lot, but then I did get exactly what I wanted.

Just now, Black02Silverado said:

Mine is an order vehicle and just came in.  So I need to get what ever incentives are out now when I take delivery.  That is the other bad thing about ordering, you can't get the better deals from off the lot, but then I did get exactly what I wanted.

I agree! But if you like to play with them, just tell them you don't want the car,  and there are better deals outside. Remember, you have no obligation to buy the car, even if it was ordered in your request. Even they have to reimburse your deposit if they are any. They'll work with you, since there is a risk for them to be able to sell your special order. Specially, since you are in a small town. 

3 hours ago, BeardBros said:

If you like that Z71 emblem on the bed just use a heat gun, warm up the emblem, peel it off and stick it on the bed wherever you like. When these are new all the adhesive will stay on the emblem.

I feel comfortable getting it off, and will take it off at the very least to see what it looks like.  I got z71 decals from last gen waiting to see how it looks.

5 hours ago, UGADawgs said:

I'm looking at the RST Max Tow and would love to swap out the a front area and back bumper to the black like the trail boss like you. What are they charging you and what are you doing with the chrome parts? Is the dealer giving you anything for them?

I’ve got a big price sheet with all the part numbers on it.  For the front grille and the bumpers you are looking at around 2486.

the issue is they have to order whole new pieces because no one will paint the chrome ones.

when they swap mine out(again new and never been on road) then the chrome pieces will be put into the boxes the painted parts were shipped in.  Then given to me with the truck.

i did this on my current truck also.  I put the parts up on eBay with a discription saying these were installed from factory but never left the lot installed.  

I was was able to sell all the parts within the week and essentially made the money back because there were a lot of people wanting chrome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AMPRG said:

You should push them to sell it in suppliers discounts. Ask them to give you a copy of the GM invoice. There are dealers who are selling in that price. I got mine with $1500 loyalty, $4500 dealer at the time of ordered, $700 more at the time of signing contract, and $700 from Costco. I got $7400 total discount. You know the dealers. Don't give up easily ?

I got the gm invoice to the dealer, he’s charging me 500 more than that:) 

7 hours ago, obfirefighter22 said:

I’ve got a big price sheet with all the part numbers on it.  For the front grille and the bumpers you are looking at around 2486.

the issue is they have to order whole new pieces because no one will paint the chrome ones.

when they swap mine out(again new and never been on road) then the chrome pieces will be put into the boxes the painted parts were shipped in.  Then given to me with the truck.

i did this on my current truck also.  I put the parts up on eBay with a discription saying these were installed from factory but never left the lot installed.  

I was was able to sell all the parts within the week and essentially made the money back because there were a lot of people wanting chrome.

Just an FYI, you can paint anything as long as it is prepped correctly. I own a collision repair/ restoration/hotrod shop and we have painted chromed parts before.

1. Wash the surface

Wash the surface with soapy water, rinse it, and apply wax & grease remover according to the manufacturer's instructions.

2. Sand the chrome

Sand the chrome with 80-grit sandpaper until the surface is dull and rough. Use a DA sander for best results or you can have it media blasted. The idea is to rough up the surface so the primer sticks. This is the most important part.

3. Apply self-etching primer

Apply wax & grease remover again, then apply self-etching primer. Follow the directions on the package, and give the primer time to dry. Sand the dried primer if the instructions recommend it.

4. Apply surface primer and body filler

If any roughness or gouges remain visible, fill them with body filler. Lightly sand the primed surface. If you accidentally sand through the primer, reapply it, and wait for it to dry before you proceed. Apply wax & grease remover.

5. Paint the part

Apply one or two coats of paint, let the surface air dry. If doing base/clear now apply the clearcoat.

6. Grab some beers and watch your paint dry!

2 hours ago, BeardBros said:

Just an FYI, you can paint anything as long as it is prepped correctly. I own a collision repair/ restoration/hotrod shop and we have painted chromed parts before.

1. Wash the surface

Wash the surface with soapy water, rinse it, and apply wax & grease remover according to the manufacturer's instructions.

2. Sand the chrome

Sand the chrome with 80-grit sandpaper until the surface is dull and rough. Use a DA sander for best results or you can have it media blasted. The idea is to rough up the surface so the primer sticks. This is the most important part.

3. Apply self-etching primer

Apply wax & grease remover again, then apply self-etching primer. Follow the directions on the package, and give the primer time to dry. Sand the dried primer if the instructions recommend it.

4. Apply surface primer and body filler

If any roughness or gouges remain visible, fill them with body filler. Lightly sand the primed surface. If you accidentally sand through the primer, reapply it, and wait for it to dry before you proceed. Apply wax & grease remover.

5. Paint the part

Apply one or two coats of paint, let the surface air dry. If doing base/clear now apply the clearcoat.

6. Grab some beers and watch your paint dry!

Well yes, I know it could it just takes some work.  Local places I called didn’t seem remotely interested in it

9 minutes ago, obfirefighter22 said:

Well yes, I know it could it just takes some work.  Local places I called didn’t seem remotely interested in it

Some places don't like to do "custom" work. They just want the insurance company checks for collision. I like doing the custom work, it pays good too.

Edited by BeardBros

7 minutes ago, Camario said:

How do you guys find out the TPW and order status of your truck? Dealer told me they placed the order last week. Is there anyway I can track it?

When the order being accepted by GM, they'll issue an order number. You should have the order number to track it. You should bug your dealer contineously, until they get the number. There are other stuff need to happen by your dealer, such as providing allocation,... But you shouldn't worry about those if you are dealing with a big and reputable dealership. After a week, your dealership should be able to give you the order number. If you get the order number, then you can chat with GM through Chevy website. You can ask them to enroll you in automatic weekly update email system. 

After 2 weeks, if your dealer doesn't give you the order number, that means something is wrong. 

Edited by AMPRG
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, AMPRG said:

When the order being accepted by GM, they'll issue an order number. You should have the order number to track it. You should bug your dealer contineously, until they get the number. There are other stuff need to happen by your dealer, such as providing allocation,... But you shouldn't worry about those if you are dealing with a big and reputable dealership. After a week, your dealership should be able to give you the order number. If you get the order number, then you can chat with GM through Chevy website. You can ask them to enroll you in automatic weekly update email system. 

After 2 weeks, if your dealer doesn't give you the order number, that means something is wrong. 

Cool, thanks. I’ll probably ask them next week if they got an order number. 

• Like 1