The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

On 3/5/2018 at 8:55 AM, Zane said:

It's never too early to start talking about the process of shopping around for a dealer, pricing, the ordering process, deposits, and production delivery times.  Although we're still months away from orders being accepted, this thread is meant to be a place where everyone can check in and share their experiences as they go through the process. 

I'm also going to document as many important dates in this initial post as I can. I'll attempt to keep everyone up to date on start of production, any ordering limitations, and when the ordering system will go live. 

NEW UPDATES AS OF: April 12th, 2018

T1XX-  2019 Chevrolet Silverado and 2019 GMC Sierra - Important Ordering / Production Dates

Pre-Production:  NOW - Captured Test Fleet Production Confirmed as of March 31st.

Fleet Order Entry Avaliable On

• Crew Cab: 4/26/18
  • Double Cab:  6/21/18
  • Regular Cab: TBD

Retail Initial Consensus Month

• Crew Cab: May 1st
  • Double Cab:  August 1st

Initial Dealer Order Submission Process (DOSP)

• Crew Cab: 5/17/18
  • Double Cab:  8/16/18

Production Start Up For Dealer Delivery

• Crew Cab: Quarter 3 - July/August/September
  • Double Cab: Quarter 4 - October November December

This post will be updated whenever new information becomes available. Please contact me if you can help clarify any of these dates.

What does retail consensus month mean... for may 1st... and initial dealer order... does this mean orders comin may 1sy? 17? Or after that?

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:25 AM, Zane said:

It's never too early to start talking about the process of shopping around for a dealer, pricing, the ordering process, deposits, and production delivery times.  Although we're still months away from orders being accepted, this thread is meant to be a place where everyone can check in and share their experiences as they go through the process. 

I'm also going to document as many important dates in this initial post as I can. I'll attempt to keep everyone up to date on start of production, any ordering limitations, and when the ordering system will go live. 

NEW UPDATES AS OF: April 12th, 2018

T1XX-  2019 Chevrolet Silverado and 2019 GMC Sierra - Important Ordering / Production Dates

Pre-Production:  NOW - Captured Test Fleet Production Confirmed as of March 31st.

Fleet Order Entry Avaliable On

• Crew Cab: 4/26/18
  • Double Cab:  6/21/18

Retail Initial Consensus Month

• Crew Cab: May 1st
  • Double Cab:  August 1st

Initial Dealer Order Submission Process (DOSP)

• Crew Cab: 5/17/18
  • Double Cab:  8/16/18

Production Start Up For Dealer Delivery

• Crew Cab: Quarter 3 - July/August/September
  • Double Cab: Quarter 4 - October November December

This post will be updated whenever new information becomes available. Please contact me if you can help clarify any of these dates.

The fleet orders happens April 26th, anyone have or know when the fleet order guide will be published on the GM site or available else where for the new 1500 crew cab?

Also can someone explain  what is retail initial consensus month and what is initial dealer order submission? Can orders be placed at a dealer april 26th?? I am kind of confused about the dates

On 4/8/2018 at 11:13 AM, Jeffro19 said:

I found it just became a member of the Facebook page. Great pics. 

Can somebody post these up somehow? I refuse to join Facebook.

I've asked Chevy if they have any idea when we'll know more about engine specs and pricing. I'll let everyone know what I hear back. 

On 4/15/2018 at 8:59 AM, onmytab said:

What does retail consensus month mean... for may 1st... and initial dealer order... does this mean orders comin may 1sy? 17? Or after that?

From what I understand, May 1st GM asks the dealers "How many trucks do you think you can sell?" and dealers let them know hard numbers. 

GM then goes back and figures out what they can actually make, allocates that to dealers, then on May 17th says "you have XX number of trucks and can enter orders today". 

basically....

11 minutes ago, Zane said:

I've asked Chevy if they have any idea when we'll know more about engine specs and pricing. I'll let everyone know what I hear back. 

From what I understand, May 1st GM asks the dealers "How many trucks do you think you can sell?" and dealers let them know hard numbers. 

GM then goes back and figures out what they can actually make, allocates that to dealers, then on May 17th says "you have XX number of trucks and can enter orders today". 

basically....

Awesome great news! I already been bugging my dealer. Im ready! My 2014 is already on autotrader! I wonder if we are gonna get pricing also and the specs.. around may 1st then.

Edited by onmytab
  • Like 1

Does anyone know when we will be able to view the ordering guide that shows all the options and packages availible? It’s usually on a GM ordering website. Not sure the actual term for it. 

I just watched this video, according to this person we will not see any new 2019 Silverado's until at least January 2019! production ending on the current  mid December 2018, and the new body style  starting early January 2019........This has to be wrong, if it is true I must say I will have to really consider buying a new ram because I cannot wait that long.

in the meantime on the Chevrolet website it says arriving fall 2018. so

4 minutes ago, silveradonationfan15 said:

I just watched this video, according to this person we will not see any new 2019 Silverado's until at least January 2019! production ending on the current  mid December 2018, and the new body style  starting early January 2019........This has to be wrong, if it is true I must say I will have to really consider buying a new ram because I cannot wait that long.

in the meantime on the Chevrolet website it says arriving fall 2018. so

I seen the same video.  Like you said it states on Chevy and GMC'S websites that they will be arriving fall 2018.  

On 4/18/2018 at 8:41 PM, texasaggies16 said:

Wow this is a step back LOL, looks like no LEDS or fancy headlights. is that bumper all plastic?

Its a base model... what do u expect? Trail boss comes in custom trailboss this one base model... and trailboss lt..