Jump to content

Zane

The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

Recommended Posts

Now all we need is pricing.  Curious to see how much they go up with the HUD and new tail gate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2018 at 8:55 AM, Zane said:

It's never too early to start talking about the process of shopping around for a dealer, pricing, the ordering process, deposits, and production delivery times.  Although we're still months away from orders being accepted, this thread is meant to be a place where everyone can check in and share their experiences as they go through the process. 

 

I'm also going to document as many important dates in this initial post as I can. I'll attempt to keep everyone up to date on start of production, any ordering limitations, and when the ordering system will go live. 

 

NEW UPDATES AS OF: April 12th, 2018

 

T1XX-  2019 Chevrolet Silverado and 2019 GMC Sierra - Important Ordering / Production Dates

 

Pre-Production:  NOW - Captured Test Fleet Production Confirmed as of March 31st.

Fleet Order Entry Avaliable On

  • Crew Cab: 4/26/18
  • Double Cab:  6/21/18
  • Regular Cab: TBD

Retail Initial Consensus Month

  • Crew Cab: May 1st
  • Double Cab:  August 1st
  • Regular Cab: TBD

Initial Dealer Order Submission Process (DOSP)

  • Crew Cab: 5/17/18
  • Double Cab:  8/16/18
  • Regular Cab: TBD

Production Start Up For Dealer Delivery

  • Crew Cab: Quarter 3 - July/August/September
  • Double Cab: Quarter 4 - October November December
  • Regular Cab: TBD

 

This post will be updated whenever new information becomes available. Please contact me if you can help clarify any of these dates.

What does retail consensus month mean... for may 1st... and initial dealer order... does this mean orders comin may 1sy? 17? Or after that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:25 AM, Zane said:

It's never too early to start talking about the process of shopping around for a dealer, pricing, the ordering process, deposits, and production delivery times.  Although we're still months away from orders being accepted, this thread is meant to be a place where everyone can check in and share their experiences as they go through the process. 

 

I'm also going to document as many important dates in this initial post as I can. I'll attempt to keep everyone up to date on start of production, any ordering limitations, and when the ordering system will go live. 

 

NEW UPDATES AS OF: April 12th, 2018

 

T1XX-  2019 Chevrolet Silverado and 2019 GMC Sierra - Important Ordering / Production Dates

 

Pre-Production:  NOW - Captured Test Fleet Production Confirmed as of March 31st.

Fleet Order Entry Avaliable On

  • Crew Cab: 4/26/18
  • Double Cab:  6/21/18
  • Regular Cab: TBD

Retail Initial Consensus Month

  • Crew Cab: May 1st
  • Double Cab:  August 1st
  • Regular Cab: TBD

Initial Dealer Order Submission Process (DOSP)

  • Crew Cab: 5/17/18
  • Double Cab:  8/16/18
  • Regular Cab: TBD

Production Start Up For Dealer Delivery

  • Crew Cab: Quarter 3 - July/August/September
  • Double Cab: Quarter 4 - October November December
  • Regular Cab: TBD

 

This post will be updated whenever new information becomes available. Please contact me if you can help clarify any of these dates.

The fleet orders happens April 26th, anyone have or know when the fleet order guide will be published on the GM site or available else where for the new 1500 crew cab?

Also can someone explain  what is retail initial consensus month and what is initial dealer order submission? Can orders be placed at a dealer april 26th?? I am kind of confused about the dates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2018 at 11:13 AM, Jeffro19 said:

I found it just became a member of the Facebook page. Great pics. 

Can somebody post these up somehow? I refuse to join Facebook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, smit303 said:

Can somebody post these up somehow? I refuse to join Facebook.

Posted right here.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've asked Chevy if they have any idea when we'll know more about engine specs and pricing. I'll let everyone know what I hear back. 

 

On 4/15/2018 at 8:59 AM, onmytab said:

What does retail consensus month mean... for may 1st... and initial dealer order... does this mean orders comin may 1sy? 17? Or after that?

From what I understand, May 1st GM asks the dealers "How many trucks do you think you can sell?" and dealers let them know hard numbers. 

 

GM then goes back and figures out what they can actually make, allocates that to dealers, then on May 17th says "you have XX number of trucks and can enter orders today". 

 

basically....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Zane said:

I've asked Chevy if they have any idea when we'll know more about engine specs and pricing. I'll let everyone know what I hear back. 

 

From what I understand, May 1st GM asks the dealers "How many trucks do you think you can sell?" and dealers let them know hard numbers. 

 

GM then goes back and figures out what they can actually make, allocates that to dealers, then on May 17th says "you have XX number of trucks and can enter orders today". 

 

basically....

Awesome great news! I already been bugging my dealer. Im ready! My 2014 is already on autotrader! I wonder if we are gonna get pricing also and the specs.. around may 1st then.

Edited by onmytab
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know when we will be able to view the ordering guide that shows all the options and packages availible? It’s usually on a GM ordering website. Not sure the actual term for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, silveradonationfan15 said:

i believe this is the site... https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/

 

That's the one.  Also, to all, take note the old body trucks are what is in there right now.  It will be updated with the new body at some point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just watched this video, according to this person we will not see any new 2019 Silverado's until at least January 2019! production ending on the current  mid December 2018, and the new body style  starting early January 2019........This has to be wrong, if it is true I must say I will have to really consider buying a new ram because I cannot wait that long.

in the meantime on the Chevrolet website it says arriving fall 2018. so

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, silveradonationfan15 said:

I just watched this video, according to this person we will not see any new 2019 Silverado's until at least January 2019! production ending on the current  mid December 2018, and the new body style  starting early January 2019........This has to be wrong, if it is true I must say I will have to really consider buying a new ram because I cannot wait that long.

in the meantime on the Chevrolet website it says arriving fall 2018. so

 

I seen the same video.  Like you said it states on Chevy and GMC'S websites that they will be arriving fall 2018.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2018 at 7:48 PM, Swamphunter said:

Just discovered this photo of a custom Trail Boss. 😍

E261F9FD-5EA1-451B-B767-DF50A2FC1E15.jpeg

Wow this is a step back LOL, looks like no LEDS or fancy headlights. is that bumper all plastic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2018 at 8:41 PM, texasaggies16 said:

Wow this is a step back LOL, looks like no LEDS or fancy headlights. is that bumper all plastic?

Its a base model... what do u expect? Trail boss comes in custom trailboss this one base model... and trailboss lt..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Similar Content

    • By jay97
      My Suburban's sound system has recently gotten blown out. Does anybody know the size for the front and rear door speakers? I'm considering on putting an aftermarket sound system into the SUV.
    • By Domes68
      I have a 2005 Sierra 1500 with a blown gt5/g80 and a 2004 Silverado 1500 parts truck with a gt4. Just wondering if everything would be the same if I were to swap them or not
    • By green.joel2
      Hello all,
       
      This is my first post on this forum.  Last year I bought a 2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext cab LT with a 5.3l V8 that is Flexfuel capable.  Well, I never intended to use flex fuel, but last week, I did so on the spur of the moment.  We drove about 3/4 of the tank gone.  Then as I was pulling up to the gas station to refill before going out of town for work, my truck's idle began dropping and feeling like it is about to stall out at idle.  This happens whether park is engaged or not.  I filled up, put some seafoam in my tank and drove about 1.5 hours to work.  It continued to idle like this all throughout the trip and even later when I went out and sat at idle while on my break.  What could be the problem? I can't imagine that an engine that is meant for flex fuel could get that messed up by it.  A side note: we had the transmission rebuilt in January, just in case that makes a different.  It has only been a few weeks since last oil change.  All fluids were checked and filled up at that time and have been checked a couple of times since.
    • By Vindicta_Mihi
      Just wanted to post on here, as I have seen no less than a thousand posts with questions about the 6L80E, specifically about the power threshold of a stock unit. I have a 2014 GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab Standard Bed stock 3.42 gears stock drive shaft stock 20" rims/tires 6.2L fully forged top/bottom end "Armageddon Twin Nagasaki's" (GT3582R's) e-boost 2 gauge Z06/LT4 fuel system 365lph in-tank Armageddon fuel pump QTP exhaust cut-outs and laid down 965rwhp/850 rwtq on a mustang dyno with 18psi on 116 race fuel (cut-outs open). I say all of this because the stock transmission detonated the 4-5-6 shaft (intermediate hub) near the splines. I took it to a "race shop" that said they would upgrade as much as they could; and was told at the time, there were limited aftermarket parts available for the 6L80E. This was mid 2018 with less than 10K miles on the truck and about 500 miles on the engine/turbo build and I discovered that was not entirely true. I drove the truck after their work,  with "spirited road driving" while the roads were wet no less. Long story short; they f'd me and I detonated the 4-5-6 stock intermediate shaft again within 100 miles and no traction at all. They apparently replaced all parts that were broken with stock parts! Moving on, I took my truck to a different shop and researched my a** off and found PATC Transmissions. I had a warm and fuzzy after speaking with them and ordered the Phoenix Level 4 Master Rebuild kit among a few other minor accoutrements and re-tuning of my TCM by Mike from Century Automotive. It is now APR 2019 and I am about 1 1/2 weeks away from having the my billet planetary gear mailed to me; for the new, more reputable shop in my area to install all of this PATC bada**ery. If anyone is truly interested, I will post new info once I put the new Phoenix Master Rebuild kit through the ringer with the full weight/horsepower/torque of my particular application...I hope this helps if there are some lost souls out there that may be headed down the same long. hard. road. of a "full send" like myself! Please post if you have questions/comments/concerns; as I have "been there done that and forgot the t-shirt" with the L86/6L80E so far. 
       
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Forum Statistics

    205,518
    Total Topics
    2,196,647
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    174,778
    Total Members
    8,960
    Most Online
    nissyota88
    Newest Member
    nissyota88
    Joined
  • Who's Online   33 Members, 0 Anonymous, 378 Guests (See full list)

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.