The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

Well I may be joining in on this game soon.  My truck was severely injured in an accident (luckily I wasn't).  I think it will be a total loss.  I have (had) a 2018 Sierra crew cab 6.2 max tow right now.  Now debating between a 6.2 AT4 or 6.2 Max tow.

If you don't get a TPW within a week I would be pressing your dealership VERY hard as to whether or not they have the necessary allocation to get your order accepted by GM.

My AT4 order went nowhere for a solid 2.5 months before I pulled the plug and switched dealerships, had a TPW within a week, have my truck 3 months later. 

2 hours ago, SierraAT4 said:

If you don't get a TPW within a week I would be pressing your dealership VERY hard as to whether or not they have the necessary allocation to get your order accepted by GM.

My AT4 order went nowhere for a solid 2.5 months before I pulled the plug and switched dealerships, had a TPW within a week, have my truck 3 months later. 

I bought from a dealer that seems to be a volume dealer (they are one of the dealers that specializes in Corvettes, Callaway tuned trucks, etc)... so hopefully they do. My salesman emailed me earlier and said they expect within a week.

If the order is not moving by Saturday there will be words exchanged. My Cruze is in their service department today, and I have to go pick up my loaner in a bit so I plan on popping by to keep my annoying face present.

1 hour ago, MDSilveradoGuy said:

I bought from a dealer that seems to be a volume dealer (they are one of the dealers that specializes in Corvettes, Callaway tuned trucks, etc)... so hopefully they do. My salesman emailed me earlier and said they expect within a week.

If the order is not moving by Saturday there will be words exchanged. My Cruze is in their service department today, and I have to go pick up my loaner in a bit so I plan on popping by to keep my annoying face present.

First, you should get your order number. That easily takes one to 2 weeks. With your order number, you can easily chat with Chevy and get updates. 

I got my order number and TPW on Saturday. 3/25. I think it is supposed to be coming from Ft. Wayne (double cab), so hopefully the transit to the DC area isn't too bad. Anyone have an idea of how long that transit takes?

Needless to say I am losing my mind already... I waited a year from order to delivery of my smart and nearly 7 months from order to delivery for my Mercedes and neither were as bad as the wait for this for me.

It seems that my TPW is sooner than some others (March vs. April compared to Bshort for instance)... it makes me wonder how they determine production order.

Edited by MDSilveradoGuy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MDSilveradoGuy said:

I got my order number and TPW on Saturday. 3/25. I think it is supposed to be coming from Ft. Wayne (double cab), so hopefully the transit to the DC area isn't too bad. Anyone have an idea of how long that transit takes?

Needless to say I am losing my mind already... I waited a year from order to delivery of my smart and nearly 7 months from order to delivery for my Mercedes and neither were as bad as the wait for this for me.

It seems that my TPW is sooner than some others (March vs. April compared to Bshort for instance)... it makes me wonder how they determine production order.

The fun part hasn't started yet. You'll get more crazy when you find out that your truck is build a and has been shipped but you don't know where it is and when you'll get it. My truck was in that stage for more than a month ?

• Sad 1

Does anyone know how often they update their order tracking system? Hourly, daily, weekly?

I'm having the worst factory ordering experience. Placed order for a GMC AT4 on 1/7/19 and still don't have a TPW. I use the chat feature on GMC's website and contact my dealership regularly only to get the same answer, "there is no new movement and there is no TPW yet". Do y'all suggest switching dealers or just hang tight?

42 minutes ago, chris2010 said:

Does anyone know how often they update their order tracking system? Hourly, daily, weekly?

I'm having the worst factory ordering experience. Placed order for a GMC AT4 on 1/7/19 and still don't have a TPW. I use the chat feature on GMC's website and contact my dealership regularly only to get the same answer, "there is no new movement and there is no TPW yet". Do y'all suggest switching dealers or just hang tight?

I'd be calling your dealer to see if they have an allocation to order your vehicle, sounds to me like it's not even in the system yet. 

2 hours ago, chris2010 said:

Do you have your order number for GM? If not, then your dealer screwed up everything and you should change them. If you have the order number, then you can't do anything until GM give you the update. Ask the GM about your current "event number". Then you can check it in this list:

https://www.google.com/amp/gmauthority.com/blog/gm-order-tracking/gm-order-event-codes-and-definitions/amp/

I do have an order number. The exact response I get almost every time from GM is, "Your order has been accepted into the system, but there is no TPW yet". So I'm guessing it is in their queue, but just no movement. I'll definitely ask about the event number next time.