The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

1 hour ago, AMPRG said:

Do you have your order number for GM? If not, then your dealer screwed up everything and you should change them. If you have the order number, then you can't do anything until GM give you the update. Ask the GM about your current "event number". Then you can check it in this list:

https://www.google.com/amp/gmauthority.com/blog/gm-order-tracking/gm-order-event-codes-and-definitions/amp/

I tried asking the Chevrolet chat folk, and to no surprise, they had no idea what the hell I was talking about with those.

7 minutes ago, MDSilveradoGuy said:

I tried asking the Chevrolet chat folk, and to no surprise, they had no idea what the hell I was talking about with those.

You should chat with them at the morning. Their afternoon people are absolutely clueless. No credit to their morning staff. But they're a little bit better. You can ask your dealer to find your event number also. 

Well I am finally getting closer to taking the plunge and ordering a new truck (3rd Chevy Truck order since 2000).  

2019 Chevrolet Silverado High Country

Crew Cab Standard Bed

6.2L Ecotec3 V8 Engine

10 Speed Automatic Transmission

Satin Steel Metallic

Jet Black, Perforated leather-appointed seat trim

TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE $1,625

Z71 OFF-ROAD PACKAGE $350

SAFETY PACKAGE II $745

First and second row all-weather Floor liners with Z71 logo $210

Front and rear Black molded splash guards$180

Suspension Upgrade System (Trailboss Kit 84629787) $1295

• Like 3

20 hours ago, MDSilveradoGuy said:

When I ordered mine, I was told the Trail Boss/AT4 and anything 6.2 was delayed.  

1 hour ago, bshort said:

When I ordered mine, I was told the Trail Boss/AT4 and anything 6.2 was delayed.  

Current restrictions

2019 Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra 1500 Double and Crew Cab (Next Gen)

• 1WT/1CX/2CX & L82 (5.3L V-8) - Estimated constrained through March 2019
  • V6 Engine w/o G80 Locking Differential (1WT&1CX&LV3-G80) - Estimated constrained through March 2019
  • Bedside Storage Boxes (RW9) - Option No Longer Available
  • Bedliner less Denali/SLT/AT4 (CGN&1SA/3SA/3SB - Sierra) - Estimated constrained through March 2019
  • 1WT / 1CX Trim Levels (1WT/1CX) - Estimated constrained through May 2019
  • 1LT/1SP & L84 (5.3L V-8) - Duration expected thru May
  • Spray On Bedliner without LTZ (CGN - 1LZ) - Estimated constrained through March 2019
  • Spray On Bedliner without High Country (CGN - 3LZ) - Estimated constrained through March 2019
  • Engine 3.0L Duramax Diesel, V6 (LM2) - Availability TBD
  • 5.3L Engine (L82) - Supplier Restriction - Duration expected thru March
  • V8 Engine w/1SA (L82&1SA) - Supplier Restriction - Duration expected thru May
  • SLE / Elevation (3SA/3SB) - Supplier Restriction - Duration expected thru June

• LTZ (1LZ) - Material Restriction - Duration expected thru model year

• SLT / AT4 (4SA/4SB) - Material Restriction - Duration expected thru model year

• V6 Engine w/o Locking Differential (&1WT&1CX&LV3-G80) - Material Restriction - Duration expected thru model year

• Custom Trail Boss (2CX) - Material Restriction - Duration expected thru May

• SLT / Denali (4SA/5SA) - Material Restriction - Duration expected thru May

• Smokey Quartz (GS6) - Material Restriction - Duration expected thru May

I pick up my double cab, standard bed Custom tomorrow (Thursday), Friday will be eight weeks from the day it was ordered from the dealer.

On 3/12/2019 at 1:01 PM, chris2010 said:

Does anyone know how often they update their order tracking system? Hourly, daily, weekly?

I'm having the worst factory ordering experience. Placed order for a GMC AT4 on 1/7/19 and still don't have a TPW. I use the chat feature on GMC's website and contact my dealership regularly only to get the same answer, "there is no new movement and there is no TPW yet". Do y'all suggest switching dealers or just hang tight?

Finally got a TPW of 4/1 after two months of waiting. Hoping for no further delays now. 

Hopefully the constraints will be lifted soon and the order will get going.  You would think that it would not be constrained due to the fact that it is likely the most profitable model in the Silverado lineup.