The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

54 minutes ago, MDSilveradoGuy said:

Ugh. Just found out that my 3/25 TPW moved to 4/1. 

The longer it takes, makes me think I should just hold out for ordering a 2020.  Maybe they'll have tow mirrors and a larger fuel tank available.  

Hey guys, new to the forum, longtime follower. I ordered my new gmc truck back in beginning of January and Tpw of 2/25. Customer service from gmc said truck was shipped on 3/2. Recently spoke to dealer and said truck is still waiting to be shipped. My question is, is this normal when ordering a truck to take this long to ship? Thanks

1 minute ago, Tonyboy24 said:

Hey guys, new to the forum, longtime follower. I ordered my new gmc truck back in beginning of January and Tpw of 2/25. Customer service from gmc said truck was shipped on 3/2. Recently spoke to dealer and said truck is still waiting to be shipped. My question is, is this normal when ordering a truck to take this long to ship? Thanks

Yes, mine took more than a month. There should be some recalls that they need to address before shipping the truck. Ask them for the event code. 

On 3/1/2019 at 12:33 PM, SierraAT4 said:

My wife is a teacher, it's a special local credit union for teachers in the county. They haven't changed their rates in 4 years.

What credit union if you don’t mind me asking. My wife is also a teacher. 

Mine was built on 2/20, but hasn't shown up at my dealer in Delaware yet. Checked with dealer last week, and he said that my truck was shipped, but no final ETA available. Original ETA was listed as 3/12. When he ran my VIN, he noticed my truck is tagged for several updates once it arrives.

My truck was out of production on 3/10 and it is still in Mexico, as of today, waiting to be shipped with no ETA. Dealer said they don't know what the delay is and they won't have an ETA until it ships but it could take 3-4 weeks depending on whether it comes by boat or rail.

41 minutes ago, Jack D said:

Still waiting! Over 5 weeks since it was built. No word on updated ETA. Getting frustrated!

Wow, not great to hear. I heard about two weeks ago that mine had shipped. Just checked in today and now they're saying it's *waiting to be* shipped. The only silver lining I guess is that my trade-in value is locked so I'm essentially putting free miles on it.