In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

On 1/21/2021 at 10:21 AM, Palytoxin said:

I ordered mine on 1/16/21.

2021 Sierra 1500

Crew Cab, Short Box

AT4 Trim

Satin Steel Metallic

6.2L

AT4 Preferred Package

Driver Alert Package 1

20" Wheel Option

Power Sunroof

Was told 12 + weeks. Now to just hurry up and wait.

That's pretty much what I ordered and I'm at like 19-20 weeks now.. I've lost count.. Still no word

On 1/25/2021 at 2:13 PM, Mercracing said:

I just go to the GMC webpage and a little icon pops up towards the lower right asking if I want to chat. I used that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What info did you need to check on build status? Thanks 

So here's a weird one.  We ordered 5 trucks for work through Enterprise.  Placed order with GM Dec 1.  Got a notice last week that they cancelled 1 of the trucks, mine.  Enterprise says GM took too many orders and are cancelling some. If I want a GM I would have to wait till 2022 orders.  Crazy cancelling paying customers, but I guess they have enough orders to keep them busy till July.  Guess I'll get a Ram.

23 hours ago, nekit said:

So here's a weird one.  We ordered 5 trucks for work through Enterprise.  Placed order with GM Dec 1.  Got a notice last week that they cancelled 1 of the trucks, mine.  Enterprise says GM took too many orders and are cancelling some. If I want a GM I would have to wait till 2022 orders.  Crazy cancelling paying customers, but I guess they have enough orders to keep them busy till July.  Guess I'll get a Ram.

I ordered a 6.2 CCSB LT Trail Boss today. Dealer said 3-4 month wait most likely. He also told me GM stopped all fleet orders of 2021s. Maybe that’s why yours got canceled? With 5 trucks would it be a fleet sale?

13 minutes ago, AtomicYJ said:

I ordered a 6.2 CCSB LT Trail Boss today. Dealer said 3-4 month wait most likely. He also told me GM stopped all fleet orders of 2021s. Maybe that’s why yours got canceled? With 5 trucks would it be a fleet sale?

Yep.  It's a fleet sale through Enterprise.  I just thought it was odd they have so many orders they are turning away paying customers.  Hopefully it helps you get your quicker.

16 minutes ago, AtomicYJ said:

Did your dealer say why your order will take a 3-4 month wait and why fleet sales were stopped?

1 hour ago, Steve-2019 said:

Did your dealer say why your order will take a 3-4 month wait and why fleet sales were stopped?

He speculated GM is going to start producing 2022s early. He also said something along the lines of things at GM are bannanas right now. I wanted the advanced trailering package, but its no longer available on the LT TB. He also thinks it won’t come back until the 2022s drop.

Nekit, I would understand no longer accepting fleet orders, but cancelling one seems dumb.

Ordered an AT4 in late October...apparently the Denali's & AT4's are down to a 30% production rate as they are only getting a small amount of spray-in bedliner paint.  Mine is sitting in an 1100 status...so still no build date assigned.

On 1/29/2021 at 5:30 PM, nekit said:

GM must really be hurting to get these trucks built.  They just cancelled 2 more of the 5 fleet trucks we had ordered in December.  We had signed purchase agreements, so by all intensive purposes these were sold vehicles for them.  Of these trucks we had 4, 6 and 8 cylinder engines, so not an engine issue.  Dual cab and Crew cab.

Ordered my truck dec 17th 

Custom trailboss 6.2 midnight still no eta 

Chevy chat says 

been accepted into the system but hasn't been assigned a target production week yet.

Edited by Fubar12

Must be something to do with the 6.2L. I ordered a 3.0L AT4 on the same day. It’s In transit to dealership with 2/10 eta as of GMC Chat this morning. It sucks they leave you in limbo. I was very lucky. 

4 hours ago, nekit said:

GM must really be hurting to get these trucks built.  They just cancelled 2 more of the 5 fleet trucks we had ordered in December.  We had signed purchase agreements, so by all intensive purposes these were sold vehicles for them.  Of these trucks we had 4, 6 and 8 cylinder engines, so not an engine issue.  Dual cab and Crew cab.

4 hours ago, nekit said:

They were all WT, so I would guess that they are figuring they will make more money building the higher trims and can only build so many.

That's just crazy to me that they'd cancel basically sold vehicles. They must make a killing on the higher trim trucks. Did they cancel any crewcab trucks? I've seen people post in the 2020 HD forum that they're only building CC HD trucks at the moment