In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

If I was going to talk with anyone, it would be your salesman/dealer.    Likely have an item on constraint in your build.

I had to drop the running boards (no big loss) from my build and it went right through.  And it showed up minus two LPO's (the black out package and the all weather floor mats).

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Built 10/16 brought it home 10/24. 

Picked up my Double Cab AT4 today. Really pleased with how my order came out. I picked the right trim, options and color.

10:00 AM tomorrow and he comes home. I can’t stand it!

Posted Images

On 1/5/2021 at 5:40 PM, Heinzy said:

Took delivery on 12/22/2020. Just under 90 days from order date. I think using an independent dealer may have slowed it down by a couple of weeks. 2021 AT4 Short-box with 3.0L Diesel and Carbon Pro edition. Waiting for availability of the Bakflip MX4 for Carbon Pro to finish it up.

AT4_D-Day.jpg

Not sure if you ordered the tonneau cover yet, but it's finally available for the carbon pro.  I ordered mine from tonneau covers.com. 3 weeks to build supposedly.  

Ordered this on Nov 18th from a trusted dealer and it was delivered Mar 1st.  From what I understand it has a lot to deal with a chip issue.  As well as options you choose with limited availability.  I as well ordered factory steps and they were later on back order.  Also not on the build site anymore.  

I'm a firm believer that if you are patient enough (definatly during covid) to wait a month or 4......order your truck.  You ABSOLUTLY save money.  

Get what you want.  You defiantly pay for it.

Truck.PNG

2021 RST CC 5.3  ordered Dec. 18th build week was Jan. 11 took delivery on February 2. Not bad considering this crazy world we live in....

Also built in the Fort Wayne, Indiana which is not far from SW Michigan. 

HAIL 〽️ GO BLUE !

• Like 1
On 3/4/2021 at 11:06 PM, Bud Boss Lt said:

Ordered this on Nov 18th from a trusted dealer and it was delivered Mar 1st.  From what I understand it has a lot to deal with a chip issue.  As well as options you choose with limited availability.  I as well ordered factory steps and they were later on back order.  Also not on the build site anymore.  

I'm a firm believer that if you are patient enough (definatly during covid) to wait a month or 4......order your truck.  You ABSOLUTLY save money.  

4 months would be nice... Im currently at 5 and still no build date.. Ordered as a 20, now its a 21..might show up as a 22.....

Ordered my AT4 1500 Crew Cab with Standard Bed on 01/20/2021, got a call on 02/11/2021 from my dealership and told me that they no longer are doing the AT4 Premium Package no longer exists as the running boards are so backordered and that I have the max tow package on my truck and they have stopped all production on that packages because GM cannot get their hands on the semiconductor that runs the anti-sway system on the truck.  My dealer told me that we can either keep it how it is and wait 6-9 months for the semiconductor or take off the running boards and the max tow package (Bringing the max tow from 9100lbs to 7100lbs).  I chose to remove the max towing package and change the Premium package to Value Package and now my truck is being built this week, 3/8/2021.  Hoping to see it soon!!

Edited by drew.sunderland

So I went to the dealer that I picked up my truck from last Monday.  Apparently there is a huge chip issue (I've heard other of you fine fellas I think say this too) Because of this, they are also cutting the finish date at the bowling green plant for the 21' corvettes.  My father in law just picked his up like a month ago and our dealer had 8 allocations.....now they have 2 because they are starting the 22's. in July which is early.  I gave him a build for a Tahoe for my wife.  3 people ahead of me and per allocations he assumes (in my opinion) it won't be here (WV) till may...July. This doesn't make sense to me because it doesn't solve the chip issue.  Don't look for any rebates from your dealer unless they REALLY like you because they don't need too.  Supply and demand unfortunately.  Why would they rebate something when they don't need too.  Hope this helped anyone who was wondering.

I really feel like GM and other manufacturers will start doing an online build to order and pay/finance through GM...FORD...DODGE etc.....cut out dealerships.  Which is unfortunate because as bad as dealerships can be sometimes there is a use for them and some people there care and want to put a face to a vehicle.

So I went to the dealer that I picked up my truck from last Monday.  Apparently there is a huge chip issue (I've heard other of you fine fellas I think say this too) Because of this, they are also cutting the finish date at the bowling green plant for the 21' corvettes.  My father in law just picked his up like a month ago and our dealer had 8 allocations.....now they have 2 because they are starting the 22's. in July which is early.  I gave him a build for a Tahoe for my wife.  3 people ahead of me and per allocations he assumes (in my opinion) it won't be here (WV) till may...July. This doesn't make sense to me because it doesn't solve the chip issue.  Don't look for any rebates from your dealer unless they REALLY like you because they don't need too.  Supply and demand unfortunately.  Why would they rebate something when they don't need too.  Hope this helped anyone who was wondering.
All automotive manufacturers are being affected by a shortage of semi-conductors on a global scale. GM was as proactive as they could've been. Other car companies were hit harder. This has been in the news for a few months now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ordered my 21 Sierra 1500 6.2 SLT, Premium Plus Package, X31, Cayenne Red Tintcoat, Dark Walnut/Slate on 11/2/20. Schedule build week of 3/22. Doing my Happy Dance!

Edited by dennismc
On 3/8/2021 at 10:59 AM, 04GMshorty said:

4 months would be nice... Im currently at 5 and still no build date.. Ordered as a 20, now its a 21..might show up as a 22.....

Man.... I wouldn't be able to wait lol

On 3/8/2021 at 10:59 AM, 04GMshorty said:

It is not based on a time frame...It's based on available allocation at your dealer