In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

59 minutes ago, elcamino said:

fwiw, GM intends to build 2021 models till 9/24/21 as that is communicated to dealers as the build-out date...

There is a nation-wide shortage of Rail cars and shippers are experiencing extremely high demand and that's straining the logistics systems. 

Yeah, I don't believe the rail car shortage at all.  That has been an excuse for going on 7 years with GM.  Production isn't even close to what it has been in the past yet there's still a rail car shortage?  Not buying it.

On 4/22/2021 at 9:28 AM, elcamino said:

Full size trucks and full size suv's are not affected by chip shortage per GM as all resources are going to those vehicles, their most profitable models. 

GM builds what they call pattern orders based on available parts and if a dealer/customer opts for one of those vehicles, it move fast into production.  I was talking wit the a friend who sell them and commented why all the I4 trucks?  He said, GM is letting us have all we want but with the higher trim levels, High Country and Denali on constraints, take what we can get. They got in 4 GMC's all the same equipped, trim 3SB Elevation, 2.7L engine and few options (3).  They can choose the color but how they are optioned is up to GM.  Surprising they sold 3 in the first week they had them, 3 were black..

This is not true at all.  I have a Trail Boss sitting in Mexico with missing parts right now due to the chip shortage.  There are pics on this forum showing trucks sitting at an overflow lot at Ft. Wayne assembly waiting on parts.

Your sales guy is somewhat misinformed as well.  Dealer do not have to order a pattern order truck.  I ALWAYS build out my trucks how I want and not necessarily how the pattern orders are.  GM has what's called "FOCUSED ORDERING CONFIGURATION" when ordering.  That's an RPO code selected when you select everything GM wants you to.  There is also RPO R6Y "OPD/FOCUSED ORDERING CONFIGURATION NOT DESIRED"  That can be selected if I want to order the trucks with something that's not part of the pattern.  

Example, on Custom Trail Boss, I order them with the Safety Confidence Package(for steering wheel radio controls) and the rear seats with storage and fold down armrest.  This isn't part of the pattern but I can still order them.

We do all have to stay within GM constraints for the week though.  So, if you don't have an allocation for a 6.2 or 5.3, you have to order a 2.7 or V6.

Edited by GearheadSS
  • Like 1

Well ordered 4/16 ( 5.3 LT 1500) and have a TPW of 5/10 siting at 3300. Kinda surprised it got to that point so quickly. I'd guess that puts me at a late may-mid june delivery depending on shipping issues?

Ordered a 2021 1500 Denali 6.2 with every option (minus accessories)

Order date: 3/15

Accepted: 3/16

Original TPW: 5/10

Updated TWP on 4/23: 4/26

Completed and shipped end of 4/26 week (don't know which day, is on train in transit as of 5/5)

Told will be ready for pickup at dealer (in AZ) on 5/18 by both my sales/dealer and CS.

FWIW.

I emailed my dealer again today. A month ago he told me 6.2s and LT TBs were still on constraint. Ordered 1/28 and still don't have an accepted order. Not sure if I need to order through another dealer or what.

On 4/26/2021 at 12:37 PM, 04GMshorty said:

Still waiting for some kind of word on my at4 build, still hasn't been accepted by gm for some reason.. 

Basically at 7 months now.................... 

I would order from a different dealer.  There is no reason for it to take that long.  Most guys are getting there's in 2 months

On 4/13/2021 at 1:30 PM, millers215 said:

Thanks Jim, I'm just a regular citizen, no access to supplier pricing that I can find.  Any advice there?

If you have a Costco Membership, it should give u Supplier Pricing for GM

On 4/21/2021 at 10:13 PM, Delson0 said:

Ordered 2/25. No build date yet. The wait continues, and maybe the search for that matter...

I would order from a different dealer if they can't provide you with an update.  It sounds like the dealer doesn't have allocation to build one.  You should have a build date by now.

2 hours ago, z1boss said:

I would order from a different dealer.  There is no reason for it to take that long.  Most guys are getting there's in 2 months

I gave up on waiting and found one incoming at another dealer.. Its a short box but I'll make it work till I swap it up in 7-12 months 

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 7:53 AM, z1boss said:

I would order from a different dealer if they can't provide you with an update.  It sounds like the dealer doesn't have allocation to build one.  You should have a build date by now.

Plan on it. Or looking elsewhere/ out of state. Prices are outlandish right now though.

had a dealer say they wouldn’t sell one for less than msrp without a trade in that they wanted.... strange times 

Finally picked one up today! Original dealer still hasn’t seen movement on their incoming truck - so, it took me driving 2 hours one way to the next state over, but got the exact one I wanted (red hot lt trail boss w/leather sunroof etc) without the unknown wait time, and for almost the same financials.  Couldn’t be happier! Hope it works out for those still waiting/looking around! 

• Like 1