Gorehamj

GM Shows Off New 2019 Silverado 4500HD, 5500HD, 6500HD at Work Truck Show - Pictures and Details

On 3/7/2018 at 10:54 PM, SilverIce17 said:

Really should offer a 26,000 gvwr. 22,500 as max gvwr will lose a lot of sales 

Who knows, maybe they'll introduce a class 7/class 8 at some point?

So they're using the same engine that comes on the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks?

Also, wtf these big boys come with painted frames?  C'mon GM start building the 1/2, 3/4 and 1ton with painted frames

I was surprised with the added 6500 but why didn't they just do like they used to have  8500,7500,6500,5500,4500 they need more engine choices or hp's in the Dmax and gvw's from 35k down seams that the amount of time spend on this they would have that line up again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      6-18-2018

In preparation for an expected surge of truck orders and purchases from buyers, GM is ramping up the production capabilities of the all-new GMC Sierra and Chevy Silverado.

The Oshawa, Ontario Canada plant that builds the trucks will be adding a second shift to begin to build inventory. The Oshawa plant is the final paint and assembly location for double cab trucks. These are “re-imported” trucks that GM builds in Indiana, ships to Oshawa, and in many cases, then re-imports them to the United States. Oshawa, Ontario is just across Lake Ontario from New York State (north of Buffalo and Rochester). It is only about sixty miles from both and about 100 miles by land to Niagara. GM employs roughly 9,000 workers in Canada.  

Source: Automotive News

• By Huntere
      I have a 2017 silverado with a 5.3l v8 E Assist and have been looking at different accessories for the truck.

To make sure that the parts will fit I would need to select either 5.3L GAS   or   5.3L FLEX FUEL   or   5.3L GAS/ELECTRIC
      Is the E Assist engine considered just a gas engine or a Gas/Electric engine?

I KNOW for sure that the truck is not a Flex Fuel 
      Thanks!
    • By BigMikeZ71
      Just wondering if theres much rubbing with 33s that are 11.5 wide.

• By jogutier
      Selling a pair of Anzo U-Bar headlights. The headlights are great to perfect condition and were only used for about 2 months. I switched back to my originals being that is more of my style.  

$300 and that includes ground shipping.

• By cchiodo
      1999 GMC Sierra 1/2 ton 4X4 240k miles

I am hearing a loud single pop/clunk from the front end passenger side when I turn the steering wheel sharp LEFT ONLY in forward and reverse.  I can replicate the noise nearly 100% of the time if the truck is on a moderate to steep incline.  This only happens at slow speeds.  I feel next to nothing through the steering column.  I hear the most out the front passenger window and feel the pop/clunk through the floor of the cab.  I have replaced the intermediate steering shaft with the updated GM part.

Any direction would be really appreciated.