FHLH's 2016 Silverado CC LTZ Z71

FHLH

Here's my new to me CPO 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 5.3/8spd LTZ w/ LTZ Plus Package and Z71 Package. Silver Ice on Jet Black

Here are pics the day I picked it up from Lone Star Chevrolet in Houston TX on Feb 28.

Mods are going to be the usual and will be listed below

Thanks for looking!

3qtrLeftFront.jpg

Stockz71.jpg

Edited by FHLH

FIrst and most important Mod --- added a strip of thin foam on steering column under the key cylinder to prevent the keys and fob from making noise while banging against the column.... This was done mainly for sanity reasons... Why no true "keyless go" is beyond me, even cheap Ram Trucks have it. 

keyfobcolumn.jpg

• Like 1

Next... the all-important Cold Air Intake. Well, kind of. I decided the AirRaid Jr. Kit  (dry filter) would work perfectly for me (thanks to reading this board).

I really like the growl this created more than anything... 

Before and After Shots

StockIntake.jpg

airraidMIT.jpg

5 hours ago, FHLH said:

FIrst and most important Mod --- added a strip of thin foam on steering column under the key cylinder to prevent the keys and fob from making noise while banging against the column.... This was done mainly for sanity reasons... Why no true "keyless go" is beyond me, even cheap Ram Trucks have it. 

keyfobcolumn.jpg

Great idea! May have to add that to mine!

Just finished another mod with af Bilstien 5100 install! Very Happy with the ride and the level. Next Mod will most likely be the removal of the diving planks that are hanging on the sides of the truck. Wheels and Tires too! 

Bilsteins.jpg

SilverStreak.jpg

Just finished another mod with af Bilstien 5100 install! Very Happy with the ride and the level. Next Mod will most likely be the removal of the diving planks that are hanging on the sides of the truck. Wheels and Tires too! 

Bilsteins.thumb.jpg.3754e6116b7f54de4839359f9700ab0c.jpg
SilverStreak.thumb.jpg.727cf7aa206efd5883fc1d65886e4a94.jpg

How do you like the ride difference? And did you install yourself?

My truck just hit 50,000 and the Ranchos have some surface corrosion as well as a very jarring ride. Been reading up on the 5100’s....

On 3/13/2018 at 2:55 PM, WC_LTZ said:

How do you like the ride difference? And did you install yourself?

My truck just hit 50,000 and the Ranchos have some surface corrosion as well as a very jarring ride. Been reading up on the 5100’s....

I love the ride. It is a firmer ride,  but much less jarring than the Ranchos (mine had 27k on them). The truck no longer nose dives under heavy breaking and the sway is much more controlled.

I purchased them online through 4wheelparts and had them shipped to a local 4WP and had them installed along with an alignment. Could not be happier. Next is dropping the 20's for an 18" wheel and tire combo.

Edited by FHLH
grammer mistakes
  • Like 1

I love the ride. It is a firmer ride,  but much less jarring than the Ranchos (my had 27k on them). The truck no longer nose dives under heavy breaking and the sway is much more controlled.
I purchased them onlne through 4wheelparts and had them shipped to a local 4WP and had them installed along with alignment. Could not be happier. Next is dropping the 20's for an 18" wheel and tire combo.

Thank you.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't found a wheel and tire combo that I want to pull the trigger on and I have not removed my side porches, but I like how these garage shots came out.... so here that is along with the day I traded in my old Cummins for this lil' half-ton.

Bilstein1.jpg

Bilstein2.jpg

CoalnSilverStreak.jpg

Edited by FHLH
  • Like 1

Bilsteins.thumb.jpg.3754e6116b7f54de4839359f9700ab0c.jpg
SilverStreak.thumb.jpg.727cf7aa206efd5883fc1d65886e4a94.jpg

You feel that these have ‘leveled’ your truck? I believe they max at a 1.85” + height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You feel that these have ‘leveled’ your truck? I believe they max at a 1.85” + height.

It still has a little rake. I am contemplating adding 1” to the rear to get more.

Added 9 “Bull Rings” can never have enough tie downs!
d49776562c32703ba941edc2f645f0d7.jpg

And of course The World Series Champs license plate trim :)

497ba62de2632a98e8929e3819a5dec7.jpg

On 3/25/2018 at 11:58 PM, FHLH said:

Added 9 “Bull Rings” can never have enough tie downs!
d49776562c32703ba941edc2f645f0d7.jpg

And of course The World Series Champs license plate trim :)

497ba62de2632a98e8929e3819a5dec7.jpg

I like the rings. Are those OEM or aftermarket?