Do you still have factory wheel or did you get aftermarket thinking about getting this kit and I’ve read some UCA’s require aftermarket wheels.

Still have factory wheels. Going to be upgrading to a taller tire soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I’m curious as well. I ran the 2.25 readylift on my 2015 and had zero issues with the aluminum arms. I just bought a new 2018 all terrain and was going to purchase the same 2.25 kit until i found their new kit with the arms. They act like the new kit is a must on 2017 and up.

i have this kit. I have had it since June. 3500 miles. no issues. my stock 285/45-22s on stock 22s with +24 offset just barely rub the control arm at full lock. (readylift told me they would). other than that, no issues with the control arms

• 3 weeks later...

First time post.  I'm brand new here, new to GM as well.  Dealer is suppose to have my new/leftover '18 1500 today, and have it prepped by Monday.   I've owned two dodges and four fords since '98, they were new and I installed small 2-2.5" lift/levels on each one.  Never had an issue.  I was thinking I was going to do the same with this one...... $200 in parts, few hours, good to go, but now I see this may not be the case.  It seems some company's say the UCA's are Absolutely required  (which I'm sure they are the right thing to do), yet other company's (sometimes the Same company) also have on their websights that the UCA 's are not required.  I drive my trucks as cars.  No work, no off road action. Stock wheels, (20's) and just  one size up on tires.  One I get the truck I will jack it up 2-2.5", off the fame, (stressing the stock  upper joint), and see how it looks I guess.   Advice?  Thank you.  I've just not put $700 worth of lift parts (front and back)!in a truck in a long time.  And way back then....$700 use to buy a lot of metal. 

On 9/24/2018 at 12:06 PM, 2k10CrewCab said:

I’m looking to do 20x10 -19 or -24 (not sure yet) wheels. Would those wheel specs be an issue with the readylift control arms? 

Negative offset wheel have to worry about rubbing on the wheel liner, not the control arms.  You'll be fine with factory or readylift control arms.

5 hours ago, Stronger800 said:

First time post.  I'm brand new here, new to GM as well.  Dealer is suppose to have my new/leftover '18 1500 today, and have it prepped by Monday.   I've owned two dodges and four fords since '98, they were new and I installed small 2-2.5" lift/levels on each one.  Never had an issue.  I was thinking I was going to do the same with this one...... $200 in parts, few hours, good to go, but now I see this may not be the case.  It seems some company's say the UCA's are Absolutely required  (which I'm sure they are the right thing to do), yet other company's (sometimes the Same company) also have on their websights that the UCA 's are not required.  I drive my trucks as cars.  No work, no off road action. Stock wheels, (20's) and just  one size up on tires.  One I get the truck I will jack it up 2-2.5", off the fame, (stressing the stock  upper joint), and see how it looks I guess.   Advice?  Thank you.  I've just not put $700 worth of lift parts (front and back)!in a truck in a long time.  And way back then....$700 use to buy a lot of metal. 

With ANY leveling type lift that uses the factory "Stamped Steel" control arms, you will rub on the factory control arms with a bigger tire.  The problem is that GM designed them flat and wide, so you will rub when the angle of the control arm changes.  You can run a small 1/4" spacer, and that should be enough room to clear if you run a 275 or 285 tire, once you go 295 or 305 you will rub everything haha.

I have a Rough Country 2.5" level lift kit for trucks with Stamped control arms, and a pair of 1/4" spacers for sale if you're interested.  This is the setup I used to run on my 2017 before I went with a new wheels and lift kit.  Let me know, thanks.

Edited by pewterliftedz

With ANY leveling type lift that uses the factory "Stamped Steel" control arms, you will rub on the factory control arms with a bigger tire.  The problem is that GM designed them flat and wide, so you will rub when the angle of the control arm changes.  You can run a small 1/4" spacer, and that should be enough room to clear if you run a 275 or 285 tire, once you go 295 or 305 you will rub everything haha.

I have a Rough Country 2.5" level lift kit for trucks with Stamped control arms, and a pair of 1/4" spacers for sale if you're interested.  This is the setup I used to run on my 2017 before I went with a new wheels and lift kit.  Let me know, thanks.

I just leveled my 18 yesterday did the 2.25” with ucas I’m happy with it. Still running the factory 275/55/20 on the factory 20’s no issues yet.

1 hour ago, Rally_18 said:

I just leveled my 18 yesterday did the 2.25” with ucas I’m happy with it. Still running the factory 275/55/20 on the factory 20’s no issues yet.

Is that the ready lift kit? You shouldn’t have problems with the factory tire size

Edited by pewterliftedz

Is that the ready lift kit? You shouldn’t have problems with the factory tire size

Yea it’s the ready lift kit. Yeah it works great with the factory tire they look kinda small mainly whimpy. It will do for now lol time to save up for wheels and tires in the spring.