I like the stock wheels. Won't be changing those. Once my truck is here, and I get it in the garage to study it (I put jacks here or there, have my wife turn the wheel while I look things over) at that point maybe it will be obvious what I need to do. I'm thinking that a tire that is just an inch taller and mayyyyybe 1/2" wider, so only 1/4" of that would be on the inside, really should not contact the factory UCA, even if it's angled up from a 2-2.5 spacer.  But I suppose I could be wrong. I would rather not ever run wheel spacers. I'm just not familiar with them, but I'll look into it if need be.  Are the ReadyLift UCA's the "preferred" ones around here?  I did see the video with their new shmancy bushings. Although I've never had any bushing wear out. Thank you all for the info 

9 minutes ago, Stronger800 said:

I like the stock wheels. Won't be changing those. Once my truck is here, and I get it in the garage to study it (I put jacks here or there, have my wife turn the wheel while I look things over) at that point maybe it will be obvious what I need to do. I'm thinking that a tire that is just an inch taller and mayyyyybe 1/2" wider, so only 1/4" of that would be on the inside, really should not contact the factory UCA, even if it's angled up from a 2-2.5 spacer.  But I suppose I could be wrong. I would rather not ever run wheel spacers. I'm just not familiar with them, but I'll look into it if need be.  Are the ReadyLift UCA's the "preferred" ones around here?  I did see the video with their new shmancy bushings. Although I've never had any bushing wear out. Thank you all for the info 

There are several brands available cognito makes one but im not going to be offroading this truck so i went with readylift and i think some require different offset wheels to clear the new uca and readylifts doesn't. 

Wow, those right there look serious.  I like grease fittings too. I'm thinking they are significantly pricier than what I like to invest  in lifting though. 

Rally18, just interested in how "small" the stock  tires might look.  Is that after installation in your signature pic?  Forgive me, I'm 100% new to GM, I haven't even really looked at photos or parts yet. 

Can somebody post a link, like right in this thread, with Instructions as to how to navigate this forum?   I know.  It should be obvious, but I've been a member of the ford truck, diesel, and snowmobile forums Forever, and this sight is beating me up.  I have to go into my profile, then select Activity, threads I've posted in (only this thread) to even Find this thread.  It's like I can't get past page one of the Current postings page.  I'll figure it out.... Thanks though, if anybody has advice 

22 hours ago, 2k10CrewCab said:

I ended up buying cognito arms 

9579B6C0-7976-49D3-BA86-BF5BFB6C6ADB.jpeg

are you going to run stock wheels with those? If so, please post up pics of clearance at full lock I talked to them about clearance compared to the Readylift, and they thought their arms would have the tire rubbing more than the Readylift. 

thanks

2 hours ago, kylant said:

are you going to run stock wheels with those? If so, please post up pics of clearance at full lock I talked to them about clearance compared to the Readylift, and they thought their arms would have the tire rubbing more than the Readylift. 

thanks

I will run 18s until I get wheels and tires in the next month or two. This is what they told me

Hey Albert, the factory 18” wheels will clear with a stock width tire, but a wider tire can have some contact with the arm.

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, 2k10CrewCab said:

I have heard any squeaking at all. 

I haven't heard of that issue either until the shop mentioned it.  I did find a few videos and posts but they were all on 2500's.  Just thought I'd ask, I'm looking the same control arms.  How are you liking them?